• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Best Concert Ever Seen!

Billo_Really said:
To be honest, I wish I was 5 years older.
Yeah I'd love to have seen Hendrix, Led Zep in the early 70's & Genesis in the 70's when they were at their best IMHO.
I'd never wish to be older though :2razz:

Originally posted by Robin:
I'd never wish to be older though
Never wish to be older! What are you? Some kind of Al Quaida loving Bush hater? Wait a minute.......what thread am I on............ooooops...............sorry............my bad! Nevermind.

mixedmedia said:
I haven't been to that many concerts but my favorite show was probably the Sugarcubes.
That was the very first concert I ever went to. The 'cubes opened up for Public Image Limited and New Order. It was sweet.

My favorite concert though... was not just for the music, but the atmosphere as well. There's a conservatory at the St Paul zoo that used to have a summer concert series. A really amazing local jazz musician named Prudence Johnson was going back through the songbooks of the 20s and 30s. She was at the far end of the sunken garden and we were seated along the reflecting pond about half way up. As she sang "Summertime" from Porgy & Bess the sky above the glass turned crimson and slowly the sun sank giving way to the stars that came out.
sunkgard.jpg

shuamort said:
That was the very first concert I ever went to. The 'cubes opened up for Public Image Limited and New Order. It was sweet.

My favorite concert though... was not just for the music, but the atmosphere as well. There's a conservatory at the St Paul zoo that used to have a summer concert series. A really amazing local jazz musician named Prudence Johnson was going back through the songbooks of the 20s and 30s. She was at the far end of the sunken garden and we were seated along the reflecting pond about half way up. As she sang "Summertime" from Porgy & Bess the sky above the glass turned crimson and slowly the sun sank giving way to the stars that came out.
sunkgard.jpg

Summertime
and the living is easy
Fish are jumpin'
and the cotton is high....

I LOVE that song. I have a version of it by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald that I listen to all the time. The Miles Davis/Gil Evans Porgy and Bess is wonderful, too.

That is a beautiful place and a beautiful memory. Thanks for sharing.

I saw Public Image Ltd., too, now that you mention it. I practically forgot. Would've loved to see New Order.

Yeah, I still have '80s music issues. I'm trying to rehabilitate myself.

Well, I'm prejudiced because I saw the Beatles August 21st, 1966, so that has to be the best concert for me.

As far as sound system, beautiful weather, being with that someone special, and excellent musicianship, I'd have to go with Poco opening up for Yes...great show from start to finish.

Originally posted by Hoot:
Well, I'm prejudiced because I saw the Beatles August 21st, 1966, so that has to be the best concert for me.

As far as sound system, beautiful weather, being with that someone special, and excellent musicianship, I'd have to go with Poco opening up for Yes...great show from start to finish.
You son-of-a-bitch! You didn't have to say that. I'm so jealous. You have no idea how bad I wanted to see them. But just as I came into age, they broke up. I had a friend that saw them at the Hollywood Bowl. He used to throw that in my face a lot. And you just reminded me of that.

How were your ears after the concert?

best concert ok that would be

Guttermouth , opening acts wher No Use For A Name and a local georga band nemed Bordom, No Use is a great band but Bordom freaking blow them away, and i was talking to the lead singer after the show an he was pretty cool. Guttermouth kicked a$$ to ther a grate live band.

I would have to say the best show I have seen was the Cure, they put on one hell of a show. I would say Peter Murphy comes in a close 2nd, he had a show in Atlanta at a tiny little spot (I can't remember the name of the club) and at the end he let the band leave and he stayed with his accustic to take a few requests from the crowd.

galenrox said:
The Misfits, 2001 at the House of Blues in Chicago, the 25th anniversary tour. That **** was ****ing amazing!!!
Up there is Radiohead back in '98 at the Rosemont Theater in Rosemont, and the Voodoo Glow Skulls at the Fireside Bowl on Fullerton in Chicago, that was like 2001 or 2002, or maybe 2000, I don't really know.

The Misfits are no fun without Danzig. But I'm sure the show rocked. Did they play a lot of the old stuff or more of the new?

Billo_Really said:
You son-of-a-bitch! You didn't have to say that. I'm so jealous. You have no idea how bad I wanted to see them. But just as I came into age, they broke up. I had a friend that saw them at the Hollywood Bowl. He used to throw that in my face a lot. And you just reminded me of that.

How were your ears after the concert?

Wow! I had no idea you were such a Poco fan!? ROTFL!!!

This was the Poco when Jim Messina and Richie Furay were still in the band...before the Paul Cotton era.....I'm just kidding, I know you were referring to Yes...and my ears were fine, but I was younger then...now I wear sonic ear plugs...mostly because those damn drummers and their cymbals and standing next to them at gigs.

Now I can't remember for sure if Richie Furay was in Poco? Oh well, don't feel like looking it up.

I bet my favorite concert was Pink Floyd The Wall ...

If I could remember it. :shock:

vauge said:

If I could remember it. :shock:

My favorite concert I can't remember is that Ice-T metal band. Can't even remember th....wait, yes I can, Body Count. My mind is not so reliable these days but I think there was some controversy surrounding them. But I can't remember a single head-banging moment. Perhaps its for the best.

Originally posted by Vauge:

If I could remember it.
I saw that show at the Sports Arena. My friend and I dropped some acid and halfway to the arena, he remembers he forgot his ticket! We got there just as the concert was starting. I was just glad I didn't have to drive. Driving could be a problem if your starting to "peak" on the drug.

I thought it was a good show. But definately not as good as "Dark Side..."

Okay don't laugh but the best concert I have ever seen...the one that was the most fun hands down......MEATLOAF! I just love every song off of Bat out of Hell and I still consider it one of the best albums ever.

Any concert in Austin is good Sir Alac simply because you are in Austin.

OK....

My top 3...

as follows......

Ready?

Here goes.....

1. Pink Floyd.
2.......Pink Floyd.......
3.............Pink Floyd.........

Any questions?

Best concert?

The Beatles, August 21st, 1966.

Close second and third...

Poco opening for Yes.

...and Jimi Hendrix.

Originally posted by Hoot:
Best concert?

The Beatles, August 21st, 1966.

Close second and third...

Poco opening for Yes.

...and Jimi Hendrix.
What'd I tell ya about throwing that Beatle concert in my face?

What Yes did you see? The Bill Bruford Yes or the Alan White Yes?

Billo_Really said:
What'd I tell ya about throwing that Beatle concert in my face?

What Yes did you see? The Bill Bruford Yes or the Alan White Yes?

Oingo Boingo? C'mon Billo, you shouldn't tell people about that. :2razz:

Kiss puts on the best show on earth! The Greatful Dead were a unique experience I am glad I didn't miss. Alice Cooper put on a great show also. The Eagles were perfect in concert. I saw Cheap Trick for 6 bucks at Mabel's in Champaign, IL. It was a great small setting.

Jallman, my wife loves Ani. I'll tell you what I tell her. She sounds like an epilectic asthmatic. :2razz:

I saw a guy named Kelly Joe Phelps open up for B.B. King. It was just him and his guitar and he sounded like a five piece band. BTW, people should go see B.B. King before he dies. It's a great show. Or maybe it was the brownies? :2wave:

Originally posted by independent_thinker2002:
Oingo Boingo? C'mon Billo, you shouldn't tell people about that.

Kiss puts on the best show on earth! The Greatful Dead were a unique experience I am glad I didn't miss. Alice Cooper put on a great show also. The Eagles were perfect in concert. I saw Cheap Trick for 6 bucks at Mabel's in Champaign, IL. It was a great small setting.

Jallman, my wife loves Ani. I'll tell you what I tell her. She sounds like an epilectic asthmatic.

I saw a guy named Kelly Joe Phelps open up for B.B. King. It was just him and his guitar and he sounded like a five piece band. BTW, people should go see B.B. King before he dies. It's a great show. Or maybe it was the brownies?
If your referring to when I saw Danny Elfman and the boys at the Perkins Palace in Pasadena the night before the Rose Bowl Parade? That was a weird night with my ex and I don't want to talk about it!

I saw the Eagles at the LA Forum, they were good.

I saw Alice Cooper at the Forum, he was good because he had Lou Reed's old band.

I didn't like Cheap Trick because I couldn't get a full nights sleep due to my downstairs neighbor.

Did you get a "contact high" at the Grateful Dead concert?

Billo_Really said:
Did you get a "contact high" at the Grateful Dead concert?

I am sure I could have if I were sober. :lol: It was the only concert I have been to where I saw a bowl make it up and down two aisles and back to it's owner. ;)

I am sure I could have if I were sober. It was the only concert I have been to where I saw a bowl make it up and down two aisles and back to it's owner.
Musta been a big bowl!

I had a bong once that was 4 feet tall.

Billo_Really said:
Musta been a big bowl!

I had a bong once that was 4 feet tall.

It was decent sized, but people would keep loading it. In high school a friend of mine had an eight foot steamroller made out of PVC pipe. One shotgun off of that thing and you were done! :lol:

It was decent sized, but people would keep loading it. In high school a friend of mine had an eight foot steamroller made out of PVC pipe. One shotgun off of that thing and you were done!
Trouble is, you need an ounce of weed just to have enough smoke that can make the ascent up the chamber to your lungs.

Back
Top Bottom