• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

Re: Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman-Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

Then you lack ethical standards.
If they didn't want to play by their rules, they shouldn't of let him run.

That simple.
You can't do the "no true Scotsman" after the fact.

Meh ... you can get all worked up if you want. I can't get too excited about people coordinating talking points. Perhaps I haven't seen the smoking gun. Which email is the most damning in your mind?

Re: Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman-Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

The RNC is caving.

Wasserman has been removed entirely from the convention.

The RNC felt the same way about Trump, but they didn't break their rules to stop him. They tried within the rules, but didn't find a way, so he's the nominee.

Bernie never had a chance.

Trump got the votes and Bernie didn't. End of story.

Bernie has already caved to the desires of the DNC. His supporters will be left disillusioned and bitter. Debbie falls on her sword, and the whole thing goes away amidst the partisan fervor of the convention and back page reporting of any discontent, email leaks, and all else unfavorable.

Sadly, this is probably what will happen.......unless more damning (really damning) information surfaces.

If a really wonderful bombshell were to emerge.......Sanders could go Third Party with the Greens and win.

Meh ... you can get all worked up if you want. I can't get too excited about people coordinating talking points. Perhaps I haven't seen the smoking gun. Which email is the most damning in your mind?

What?

Multiple emails discussing ways to attack Bernie if needed to help Hillary, including his religion or lack thereof.

No such plans to attack Hillary.

The whole thing.
When put together, it shows clear bias and extra effort expended in Hillary's favor.

The fact is they did it.
There is no excuse for it, they need to be held accountable.

Sadly, this is probably what will happen.......unless more damning (really damning) information surfaces.

If a really wonderful bombshell were to emerge.......Sanders could go Third Party with the Greens and win.

Sanders is toast.
His getting called a fraud and a cuck.

Wiki has hinted about Clinton Foundation emails to come.

The whole thing.
When put together, it shows clear bias and extra effort expended in Hillary's favor.

The fact is they did it.

I'm holding them accountable.

Nobody cares.

Why is that?

The whole thing.

The fact is they did it.

Are you telling me that the RNC did not have bias against Trump and spent a lot of "extra effort" to undermine him?

Are you telling me that the RNC did not have bias against Trump and spent a lot of "extra effort" to undermine him?

I'm sure they did but that's not who got caught red handed, now is it?

The RNC felt the same way about Trump, but they didn't break their rules to stop him. They tried within the rules, but didn't find a way, so he's the nominee.

Bernie never had a chance.

I would be shocked (and, really, disappointed) if members of the RNC didn't coordinate anti-Trump talking points. Hell, Mitt Romney, a former RNC nominee, held a press conference specifically to denounce Trump.

Sanders is toast.
His getting called a fraud and a cuck.

Doesn't matter. A third of his voters won't vote for Hillary now. A few will vote for Trump, which serves like two votes. Young voters hate Hillary and will stay home. Woman don't like her. Poor whites don't either.

She has a serious turnout problem that a convention or debate won't fix.

(Unfortunately, I couldn't edit the thread title to look like the article title)

Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak | Mediaite

Right from comrade horse's mouth:

Now how much ruckus will be raised at the convention? What will the Sanders supporters do? There's no guarantee that the supporters will retreat like meek little mice just because Bernie tells them to. There are a lot of pent-up emotions in play, here.

Personally I agree, the Democratic Party went from being a moderate party representing working americans to a a far left party representing a handful of activists.

THis is shown in election results, The democratic party went from a majority in Congress to the smallest minority this century, they've lost the senate, democrats used to Governors of Kansas, Arizona, Alaska, etc etc etc now they've lost governorships, in some states they're no longer competitive where they were once strong, a democrat named Cecil Andrus was governor of Idaho in the 90s! think that'll happen soon? THEY LOST THE GOVERNORS RACE IN MASSACHUSETTS!!!!!(because of evil republican gerrymandering I'm sure) state legislative races the same story.

Howard Dean built a strong party and Debbie run it in to the ground, she should've resigned in 2014.

Doesn't matter. A third of his voters won't vote for Hillary now. A few will vote for Trump, which serves like two votes. Young voters hate Hillary and will stay home. Woman don't like her. Poor whites don't either.

She has a serious turnout problem that a convention or debate won't fix.

Probably true, but I think Bernie folks deserve some justice.
They should get their money back.

I would be shocked (and, really, disappointed) if members of the RNC didn't coordinate anti-Trump talking points. Hell, Mitt Romney, a former RNC nominee, held a press conference specifically to denounce Trump.

But he's not the RNC chairman. I'm sure they discussed it, bit they didn't stack superdelegates to rig the numbers.

The whole thing.

The fact is they did it.

DWS will be toppled. The next DNC chair would do the exact same thing when presented with a party coup -- which is exactly what Bernie tried to pull off and Trump successfully pulled off. For what it's worth, I voted for Bernie.

But he's not the RNC chairman. I'm sure they discussed it, bit they didn't stack superdelegates to rig the numbers.

They don't have superdelegates. I won't be surprised if they do next time around, should Trump lose.

DWS will be toppled. The next DNC chair would do the exact same thing when presented with a party coup -- which is exactly what Bernie tried to pull off and Trump successfully pulled off. For what it's worth, I voted for Bernie.

Bernie donors got the shaft.
They should at the least get their money back.

Probably true, but I think Bernie folks deserve some justice.
They should get their money back.

Bernie and Trump are drinking from the same trough on different ends. People are furious with Washington.

The machine is getting exposed. I do like that about this cycle, even if I don't like my choices.

They don't have superdelegates. I won't be surprised if they do next time around, should Trump lose.

Not now. The gig on that is exposed.

Wiki has hinted about Clinton Foundation emails to come.

This does seem carefully timed to inspire a rebellion against Clinton at the Convention.

Bernie donors got the shaft.
They should at the least get their money back.

I'm not so sure about that. They made a damn good run at it, and they successfully got the party to adopt some of their platform. They bolstered Bernie from an obscure politician to a major international figure. They did a whole lot to advance their cause.

These email dumps aren't as damning as many seem to think, nor are they really that enlightening. Fact is, we knew the DNC was pushing Hillary over Bernie, and, really, it makes perfect sense. Bernie is an independent. He's never been a Democrat. He was an outsider, and they were going to circle the wagons against him. I understand that's a violation of the DNC's own bylaws, but it's not surprising.

What the emails really show is how difficult it was for the DNC to coordinate and implement their agenda. It's a peek behind the curtain, but that glimpse is more mundane than scandalous, based on my admitted limited reading so far.

LOL!!

"Don't worry people. Yeah, we tried to stack the deck against your guy...but we really sucked at it and failed. No harm done, eh?"

LOL!!

"Don't worry people. Yeah, we tried to stack the deck against your guy...but we really sucked at it and failed. No harm done, eh?"

I thought what happened at the DNC convention in Nevada was far more egregious than what I've seen in these emails. None of this was a revelation to me.

Back
Top Bottom