• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

Re: Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman-Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

she needs to go. not because of the anti-Bernie stuff, which everyone with a functioning half brain knew was going on from the beginning, but because under her leadership, messaging has been terrible. what does the Democratic party stand for? i can answer the question in theory, but the average person on the street probably can't. that's a problem.

Re: Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman-Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

Super delegates are immaterial. Hillary won the assigned delegates by getting millions more primary votes than Sanders.

What if they all voted for Bernie? They made it look over before it was over.

What if they all voted for Bernie? They made it look over before it was over.

Complain all you want about the super delegates but they did not change the outcome. Parties are free to make their own rules.

she needs to go. not because of the anti-Bernie stuff, which everyone with a functioning half brain knew was going on from the beginning, but because under her leadership, messaging has been terrible. what does the Democratic party stand for? i can answer the question in theory, but the average person on the street probably can't. that's a problem.

The party stands for it's nominee and you can find what Hillary stands for here.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Just watched it, thanks for it. We sure missed an opportunity with Bernie, or rather, an opportunity was taken from us from Hillary and the DNC.

Bernie's looking for that new young leader to take them in the right direction, and I say Tulsi Gabbard would be a great candidate.

Once the dust has settled, and it's just Hillary vs. Trump, it will be a pretty clear choice. I can understand not wanting to support Hillary, but any Bernie supporter who votes for Trump is just confused or isn't paying attention. Or just "wants to watch the world burn."

Your talking about votes, but in cases such as this, it's the no show vote of a Hillary ticket. I would highly suspect a lot of Sanders supporters just don't show up to vote.

Your talking about votes, but in cases such as this, it's the no show vote of a Hillary ticket. I would highly suspect a lot of Sanders supporters just don't show up to vote.

Very possible ... she'll have to court them if she wants to win this thing.

The emails. The rigging of the election. The Clinton Foundation. Benghazi. The enabling of a serial philandering husband. Whitewater. Etc, etc, etc.

How much reality must one suspend to vote for this monster?

The same amount that is used by die hard Trumpsters.

The party stands for it's nominee and you can find what Hillary stands for here.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

there's a major messaging problem, though. the Democratic party needs a better message than "well, at least we didn't nominate Trump." it also looks like Wasserman-Shultz is stepping down. just read that on google news.

Nothing will happen.

Oh, there'll be whining, crying and stamping of feet from Bernie supporters but the Democratic Elite will just shush them and tell them to go sit in the corner like good little children while the "adults" take care of business. The liberal media will assist the Elites.

I don't even think DWS will resign.

I think this will double the number of burned cars outside the convention.

Once the dust has settled, and it's just Hillary vs. Trump, it will be a pretty clear choice. I can understand not wanting to support Hillary, but any Bernie supporter who votes for Trump is just confused or isn't paying attention. Or just "wants to watch the world burn."

A clear choice?

It's still a choice of the lesser of two evils, and the answer is pretty much controversial. It's only a clear choice if you're a dedicated partisan on one side or the other.

As for Bernie supporters: The two of them (Clinton and Sanders) voted the same way 93% of the time for the past two years. Are they really so different?

there's a major messaging problem, though. the Democratic party needs a better message than "well, at least we didn't nominate Trump." it also looks like Wasserman-Shultz is stepping down. just read that on google news.

I could care less about Debbie stepping down she is obviously a liability and a 5 year party head is more than long enough. Hillary has plenty to recommend her so that is a false narrative. What is true is that voting 3rd party when that helps Trump is out of the picture. No sane democrat would chance losing all we have gained by not making sure Trump;is not elected. If you want to be truly scared just read what any number of experts in nearly any field say about what would happen if Trump won.

I could care less about Debbie stepping down she is obviously a liability and a 5 year party head is more than long enough. Hillary has plenty to recommend her so that is a false narrative. What is true is that voting 3rd party when that helps Trump is out of the picture. No sane democrat would chance losing all we have gained by not making sure Trump;is not elected. If you want to be truly scared just read what any number of experts in nearly any field say about what would happen if Trump won.

yeah, but if you're running on "look at that idiot over there," that can only take you so far. Trump shouldn't have even been competitive in the Republican primary, much less in the general.

yeah, but if you're running on "look at that idiot over there," that can only take you so far. Trump shouldn't have even been competitive in the Republican primary, much less in the general.

Trump was competitive in the GOP base because they have cultivated the voter that Trump appeals to. It is unlikely that any real Bernie supporter would switch to a candidate that has refused to disavow the KKK's support. He got 10 million votes but needs 50 million to win the election. That's a huge shortage of votes.

And..... She's gone :applaud:peace

These email dumps aren't as damning as many seem to think, nor are they really that enlightening. Fact is, we knew the DNC was pushing Hillary over Bernie, and, really, it makes perfect sense. Bernie is an independent. He's never been a Democrat. He was an outsider, and they were going to circle the wagons against him. I understand that's a violation of the DNC's own bylaws, but it's not surprising.

What the emails really show is how difficult it was for the DNC to coordinate and implement their agenda. It's a peek behind the curtain, but that glimpse is more mundane than scandalous, based on my admitted limited reading so far.

The DNC and the Hillary campaign then would not be concerned if Bernie told them kiss sweet **** all and took his supporters with him to the Green Party or somewhere else? I think not. I think Clinton and DNC hubris encouraged them to believe that they were entitled. Oh, that is a good word here, entitled.

Hillary is now facing serious problems. Her campaign is leaking support like wire basket. Her future is far, far from assured, in fact less so than even 2 months ago. The DNC is in shambles. DWS and Hillary have trashed it and pissed on everyone.

And how does Hillary respond to the growing anger and mistrust? Sticking a middle finger up to Bernie supporters Hillary quickly and publicly reacts to DWS's resignation by appointing her to be Hillary's honorary campaign chair. Smart move? Not bloody likely. Is Hillary's response a unifying act? I think not. A smart move? Oh hell no. Hillary isn't making good decisions, that's telling.

Hillary is in essence saying to Bernie supporters that she'll do whatever she damn well pleases. That's dumber than hell. At the present - not in a small way due to the subterfuge and deception on the part of Hillary and the DNC - Bernie has gained a great deal of power, now, just before the convention. IF Sanders were to rescind his endorsement and walk Hillary's presidential campaign would be dead in the water. Over. Fini. Gone. Zapped. History. And Clinton continues, even now, to shove her fist up Bernie's arse.

Hillary may lose greatly needed voter support even if Bernie doesn't walk away from Hillary. Clinton seems to have lost some sense of reason and that hasn't been overlooked by millions of Bernie's supporters. We are seeing the Crisis of Character that former White House Secret Service officer talked about in his book. It ain't pretty.

Last edited:

I think this will double the number of burned cars outside the convention.

I don't.

Those protesters who are inclined to burn cars are more likely to use that tactic against Republicans.

I don't.

Those protesters who are inclined to burn cars are more likely to use that tactic against Republicans.

I don't think so. The DNC has some pretty raucous conventions under their belt.

Bernie's supporters seem to be the most inclined to violence this season, and this will just make them more mad.

A clear choice?

It's still a choice of the lesser of two evils, and the answer is pretty much controversial. It's only a clear choice if you're a dedicated partisan on one side or the other.

As for Bernie supporters: The two of them (Clinton and Sanders) voted the same way 93% of the time for the past two years. Are they really so different?

That's exactly what a mean, ditto ... for a Bernie supporter, Hillary is the clear choice, because their polices are much more in alignment than Trump's. My point was that Bernie supporters would be sabotaging their own values if they voted for Trump. And in this race, I'm completely partisan. I will vote for Hillary because Trump must lose.

The DNC and the Hillary campaign then would not be concerned if Bernie told them kiss sweet **** all and took his supporters with him to the Green Party or somewhere else? I think not. I think Clinton and DNC hubris encouraged them to believe that they were entitled. Oh, that is a good word here, entitled.

Hillary is now facing serious problems. Her campaign is leaking support like wire basket. Her future is far, far from assured, in fact less so than even 2 months ago. The DNC is in shambles. DWS and Hillary have trashed it and pissed on everyone.

And how does Hillary respond to the growing anger and mistrust? Sticking a middle finger up to Bernie supporters Hillary quickly and publicly reacts to DWS's resignation by appointing her to be Hillary's honorary campaign chair. Smart move? Not bloody likely. Is Hillary's response a unifying act? I think not. A smart move? Oh hell no. Hillary isn't making good decisions, that's telling.

Hillary is in essence saying to Bernie supporters that she'll do whatever she damn well pleases. That's dumber than hell. At the present - not in a small way due to the subterfuge and deception on the part of Hillary and the DNC - Bernie has gained a great deal of power, now, just before the convention. IF Sanders were to rescind his endorsement and walk Hillary's presidential campaign would be dead in the water. Over. Fini. Gone. Zapped. History. And Clinton continues, even now, to shove her fist up Bernie's arse.

Hillary may lose greatly needed voter support even if Bernie doesn't walk away from Hillary. Clinton seems to have lost some sense of reason and that hasn't been overlooked by millions of Bernie's supporters. We are seeing the Crisis of Character that former White House Secret Service officer talked about in his book. It ain't pretty.

Sanders isn't going to rescind, and this will email leak and DWS will mean nothing post-convention. This is inside baseball stuff -- people who are informed about politics care, but the general public doesn't give two craps about DWS. The thing is, people who are informed about politics are going to make an informed decision about issues -- in November. DWS and DNC plotting will not be a determining factor.

Sanders isn't going to rescind, and this will email leak and DWS will mean nothing post-convention. This is inside baseball stuff -- people who are informed about politics care, but the general public doesn't give two craps about DWS. The thing is, people who are informed about politics are going to make an informed decision about issues -- in November. DWS and DNC plotting will not be a determining factor.

We shall see.

Most people aren't informed voters. If they were we wouldn't have the ****ed up corpgov system we have now. But here is what Joe and Jane Sixpack do know, the system isn't working to the benefit of the collective good, which very much includes them, unless they live in a 2 million dollar house when they aren't living in one of their summer homes. They know that the information they do get is ****ed up and wrong. They no longer trust the mega-media which represents the interests of the powers that be, who aren't elected.

How do I know all that is true? Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. In one unique way those two people represent the growing anger and frustration of America. They represent a tsunami of political dissent. Joe and Jane may not have the solution yet but they know that whatever the solution might be it is not and will not be one given to them by the plutocracy.

Sadly, this is probably what will happen.......unless more damning (really damning) information surfaces.

If a really wonderful bombshell were to emerge.......Sanders could go Third Party with the Greens and win.

Wikileaks says there's more. We'll see.

We shall see.

Most people aren't informed voters. If they were we wouldn't have the ****ed up corpgov system we have now. But here is what Joe and Jane Sixpack do know, the system isn't working to the benefit of the collective good, which very much includes them, unless they live in a 2 million dollar house when they aren't living in one of their summer homes. They know that the information they do get is ****ed up and wrong. They no longer trust the mega-media which represents the interests of the powers that be, who aren't elected.

How do I know all that is true? Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. In one unique way those two people represent the growing anger and frustration of America. They represent a tsunami of political dissent. Joe and Jane may not have the solution yet but they know that whatever the solution might be it is not and will not be one given to them by the plutocracy.

I was going to say something similar.
Many uninformed voters get their information like they're living in a political iCloud ... but the details contained therein they never reference or analyze.
Even though the uninformed don't take advantage of what's in the iCloud, whichever side can overwhelm the database with the **** they want will stand a better chance that that the distillation of their **** will somewhat register.

That's exactly what a mean, ditto ... for a Bernie supporter, Hillary is the clear choice, because their polices are much more in alignment than Trump's. My point was that Bernie supporters would be sabotaging their own values if they voted for Trump. And in this race, I'm completely partisan. I will vote for Hillary because Trump must lose.

OH.

Yes, for the Bernie supporters, Hillary is the clear choice.
Actually, for anyone who sees Trump for what he is, even if they don't much care for Hillary.

Back
Top Bottom