• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

Re: Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman-Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

I'm not so sure about that. They made a damn good run at it, and they successfully got the party to adopt some of their platform. They bolstered Bernie from an obscure politician to a major international figure. They did a whole lot to advance their cause.

There is speculation that he would of won, had their not been explicit bias.
When favoritism is show in such a process, it can constitute fraud.

It also undermines the legitimacy of government.

Re: Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman-Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

But he's not the RNC chairman. I'm sure they discussed it, bit they didn't stack superdelegates to rig the numbers.

Super delegates are immaterial. Hillary won the assigned delegates by getting millions more primary votes than Sanders.

This does seem carefully timed to inspire a rebellion against Clinton at the Convention.

I'm convinced that the next email dump will be tomorrow.
Maybe not, but it seems that wikileaks is hinting at it.

Considering the alternative is a buffoon named Trump, not a lot.

You mean a baboon named Trump. ;)

There is speculation that he would of won, had their not been explicit bias.
When favoritism is show in such a process, it can constitute fraud.

It also undermines the legitimacy of government.

With equal support from the party, I think he might have won. But I'm sure Bernie knew going in he was going to face uniform party opposition. He isn't a Democrat, though he caucuses with them. He tried to wag the dog, and he almost did it.

It doesn't really change my view of our government -- the two-party system is severely flawed.

With equal support from the party, I think he might have won. But I'm sure Bernie knew going in he was going to face uniform party opposition. He isn't a Democrat, though he caucuses with them. He tried to wag the dog, and he almost did it.

It doesn't really change my view of our government -- the two-party system is severely flawed.

That's why there's a whole stink about it.
He could have, people spent money for him to win and then they found out they got screwed.
By the party of "the people" that ironically labels itself "Democrat."

That's why there's a whole stink about it.
He could have, people spent money for him to win and then they found out they got screwed.
By the party of "the people" that ironically labels itself "Democrat."

I still think he achieved a whole lot and did more to forward his agenda in one election cycle than in years of work in the Senate. Their money didn't go to waste.

I still think he achieved a whole lot and did more to forward his agenda in one election cycle than in years of work in the Senate. Their money didn't go to waste.

She won't press his agenda.
If you think the concessions he got will stick, there's a bridge for sale in Arizona.
If they're willing to undermine their own candidates, they're more than willing to turn on you when elected.

I thought what happened at the DNC convention in Nevada was far more egregious than what I've seen in these emails. None of this was a revelation to me.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it appears you are making excuses for this stuff by saying you've seen worse.

Personally, I think any Party member should be very disgusted by these actions...no matter HOW effective they were or how egregious they are.

She won't press his agenda.
If you think the concessions he got will stick, there's a bridge for sale in Arizona.
If they're willing to undermine their own candidates, they're more than willing to turn on you when elected.

We'll probably find out. Hillary is a total sycophant. She'll bust out ebonics in one speech and a southern accent in the next. She'll go where the political winds blow, and Bernie was a mighty gust blowing left. I'm sure she'll drift right during the general; she's predictable. But Trump ...

This election is troubling.

We'll probably find out. Hillary is a total sycophant. She'll bust out ebonics in one speech and a southern accent in the next. She'll go where the political winds blow, and Bernie was a mighty gust blowing left. I'm sure she'll drift right during the general; she's predictable. But Trump ...

I doubt Hillary can get elected at this point.
Bernie supporters are jumping ship to 3rd party, none at all and a few to Trump.
Some of her own supporters are jumping ship as well.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it appears you are making excuses for this stuff by saying you've seen worse.

Personally, I think any Party member should be very disgusted by these actions...no matter HOW effective they were or how egregious they are.

Anyone who has all of their private emails leaked is going to look bad -- in any field. There's no context there -- there's plenty of room to believe the worst. I never thought the DNC were the Boy Scouts of America. What I've seen from these emails is pretty much what I would have expected to see.

I suppose that is making excuses. I just don't think it's inexcusable. I think it's party business as usual.

I'm sure she'll drift right during the general; she's predictable. But Trump ...

Well in the general election, it's always a rush to the center for the candidates.

It definitely is.

I doubt Hillary can get elected at this point.
Bernie supporters are jumping ship to 3rd party, none at all and a few to Trump.
Some of her own supporters are jumping ship as well.

Once the dust has settled, and it's just Hillary vs. Trump, it will be a pretty clear choice. I can understand not wanting to support Hillary, but any Bernie supporter who votes for Trump is just confused or isn't paying attention. Or just "wants to watch the world burn."

Once the dust has settled, and it's just Hillary vs. Trump, it will be a pretty clear choice. I can understand not wanting to support Hillary, but any Bernie supporter who votes for Trump is just confused or isn't paying attention. Or just "wants to watch the world burn."

I just don't see it that way and will not see it that way.
My level of personal ethics cannot support either.

Isn't that what a Bernie supporter is? Someone that wants to watch America fail?

Or...they consider Trump the lesser of evils.

I just don't see it that way and will not see it that way.
My level of personal ethics cannot support either.

Fair enough. I believe in ethics, too, but I've come to accept that it's about personal conduct. I learned a long time ago that I can't force everyone around me to behave ethically, and I have to deal with the world as it is. I can promote an ideal, but I realize that all will fall short of it at one time or another. Perhaps I'm growing cynical.

Fair enough. I believe in ethics, too, but I've come to accept that it's about personal conduct. I learned a long time ago that I can't force everyone around me to behave ethically, and I have to deal with the world as it is. I can promote an ideal, but I realize that all will fall short of it at one time or another. Perhaps I'm growing cynical.

I think when it comes to the higher levels of power, if you're going to be unethical, you better damn well cover your tracks.
If caught, there's no one to blame but yourself.

Isn't that what a Bernie supporter is? Someone that wants to watch America fail?

No. We believe that all are created equal. We want life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for everyone.

Most Bernie supporters who vote will vote for Hillary
The problem is the disaffected Bernie supporters will simply not bother to vote
Voter turnout Fell from 2008 - 2012 giving Romney a chance
If voter turnout continues to fall that will provide tRump his only chance to steal this election

The emails. The rigging of the election. The Clinton Foundation. Benghazi. The enabling of a serial philandering husband. Whitewater. Etc, etc, etc.

How much reality must one suspend to vote for this monster?

Less than one must suspend to vote for her opponent.

No. We believe that all are created equal. We want life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for everyone.

Yeah bull****.

Back
Top Bottom