• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders Colluded With Russia To Beat Hillary

I think you might have misread something. I was calling for investigation on both points. I don't think either is above being looked into. Both are breaking the rules/laws and both could be serious if it isn't stopped and handled.

I will mention that I think someone like the SOS who has been appointed to the 4th position in the line of succession might be held to a higher standard, but that doesn't make Ivanka innocent. Both should be checked.

A SOS has a much higher standard of TRUST you mean. They need more leeway to do their difficult job. Ivanka has not been confirmed by Congress who bestowed their trust in Hillary's judgement. Hillary has already been thoroughly investigated and exonerated. It's Ivanka's turn in the barrel now.

Last edited:
I didn't make anything up at all. It's right there in the link. Russia tried influencing the primary for Bernie to beat Hillary, just as Russia tried to do it by favoring Trump over Hillary. No difference.

There's a significant difference.

Collusion involves the participation of both parties, working together.

It ain't collusion unless Sanders/his team knew and worked with them, same as with Trump.

A SOS has a much higher standard of TRUST you mean. They need more leeway to do their difficult job. Ivanka has not been confirmed by Congress who bestowed their trust in Hillary's judgement. Hillary has already been thoroughly investigated and exonerated. It's Ivanka's turn in the barrel now.

Technically, the cabinet is confirmed by Senate, not the whole of congress, but that is a very very minor point. These appointments are largely considered automatic. Even a partisan senate is expected to confirm anyone appointed by the president unless there are felony concerns.

I grant that there must be a level of trust granted to the SOS in order for them to work. Certainly they are required to use backchannels the president cannot be seen to support. However, there is still a process and oversight. Let's call it a system of checks and balances.

I get what you are trying to say. I really do. However, NOONE in high government positions, who advise the POTUS and have authority to act on the behalf of a whole country should EVER be beyond investigation.

I honestly can't avoid the fact that you are taking my point and proving it for the other side. I said that ANY major violation of policies and procedures should be looked into. I didn't claim Hillary was guilty (though I am concerned). I said that anyone claiming she should be investigated should also claim Ivanka be investigated.

I said look into it. Call for investigations. If she is innocent and honestly held to the precepts she supported in government, it should be no problem. Just as Ivanka may have made an honest mistake.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Again, I'm simply calling for an investigation. Look into it. If either one shows further evidence (far more likely with Hillary), then get serious about it. But do you feel they should both be looked into properly?

Both parties have been investigating long enough. That's the new norm, use investigations as a political tool in an attempt to stop the other side. Facts and evidence don't matter, nonstop investigations are enough to slow the other side down so they can't achieve their objectives that voters voted them to do.

I missed the part in the link where it said Bernie Sanders colluded with Russia. Screen shot it and post it here for the rest of us who read the article and didn't see those words.

Your claim. You said he colluded with Russia to beat Hillary. It's right in your subject line. Now you have to back it up or admit you lied for no reason.

I missed the proof where Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia. All we have are opinions, no proof. In fact, both Mueller and Rosenstein said that any "collusion" that happened was not willful.

There's a significant difference.

Collusion involves the participation of both parties, working together.

It ain't collusion unless Sanders/his team knew and worked with them, same as with Trump.

Trump did not know and did not work with them. Even Mueller and Rosenstein have said this. There hasn't been one charge filed by Mueller in relation to anyone Trump willfully colluding with the Russians to influence the election.

Trump did not know and did not work with them. Even Mueller and Rosenstein have said this. There hasn't been one charge filed by Mueller in relation to anyone Trump willfully colluding with the Russians to influence the election.

Trump’s campaign was in contact with Julian Assange, and there are emails between roger stone and Jerome Corsi discussing the impending release of the Wikileaks emails.

Technically, the cabinet is confirmed by Senate, not the whole of congress, but that is a very very minor point. These appointments are largely considered automatic. Even a partisan senate is expected to confirm anyone appointed by the president unless there are felony concerns.

I grant that there must be a level of trust granted to the SOS in order for them to work. Certainly they are required to use backchannels the president cannot be seen to support. However, there is still a process and oversight. Let's call it a system of checks and balances.

I get what you are trying to say. I really do. However, NOONE in high government positions, who advise the POTUS and have authority to act on the behalf of a whole country should EVER be beyond investigation.

I honestly can't avoid the fact that you are taking my point and proving it for the other side. I said that ANY major violation of policies and procedures should be looked into. I didn't claim Hillary was guilty (though I am concerned). I said that anyone claiming she should be investigated should also claim Ivanka be investigated.

I said look into it. Call for investigations. If she is innocent and honestly held to the precepts she supported in government, it should be no problem. Just as Ivanka may have made an honest mistake.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

LOL After her father spent 10 months demonizing Hillary's use of a private server you actually can possibly call what Ivanka did an "honest mistake"? Too much... Also what about " thoroughly investigated and exonerated." was confusing to you? Ivanka will be investigated by the House to find out exactly what information might have been compromised at least. There will not be ANOTHER investigation of Hillary. It is not a crime to be Trump's political opposition or is it? Because if it is it is a blatant abuse of power that would demand impeachment of Trump. Only dictatorships prosecute the opposition merely for being that.

Last edited:
LOL After her father spent 10 months demonizing Hillary's use of a private server you actually can possibly call what Ivanka did an "honest mistake"? Too much... Also what about " thoroughly investigated and exonerated." was confusing to you? Ivanka will be investigated by the House to find out exactly what information might have been compromised at least. There will not be ANOTHER investigation of Hillary. It is not a crime to be Trump's political opposition or is it? Because if it is it is a blatant abuse of power that would demand impeachment of Trump. Only dictatorships prosecute the opposition merely for being that.

If you aren't interested in reading the statement presented and responding to what was put forth, I'm good with letting this go. Have a nice evening.

but ultimately couldn't overcome Hillary's and the DNC's election meddling.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sanders-feel-bern-2020-202851088.html

I understand that you are trying to be cleverly ironic and drawing a comparison between Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump and how Russian electioneering influencing mainly targeted Hillary Clinton over her opponents. That is fine. But I think you should make that clear from the beginning, rather than leaving people to get steamed at you by making a claim of fact in the title of your thread. Just my two cents. Have a nice evening, Moderate Right.

Mueller was hired to investigate Russian interference in a US election. Do you have a problem with that?

I missed the proof where Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia. All we have are opinions, no proof. In fact, both Mueller and Rosenstein said that any "collusion" that happened was not willful.

You have to ask Robert Mueller what Trump did. I'm not Mueller. And can you please tell me when Mueller's report was released and said nobody in the Trump orbit colluded with Russia? I missed the release of the report. Did it happen while I was sleeping last night?

First of all, the proof or lack of it about Trump and Russia isn't evidence of any kind that Bernie Sanders colluded, which is your assertion.

And as to the bolded, why are you making up obvious lies? Neither man has said anything approaching that statement.

You have to ask Robert Mueller what Trump did. I'm not Mueller. And can you please tell me when Mueller's report was released and said nobody in the Trump orbit colluded with Russia? I missed the release of the report. Did it happen while I was sleeping last night?

Yeah, at this point we're deep into Poe's Law territory. AFAIK, for example, Mueller has made zero public comments on 'collusion' because those comments would be the report, or top line summary, and last I checked he's still investigating. :confused:

Ok.

Yet.

Yet..

Back
Top Bottom