• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie is not ready for what's coming

I think ill take your statement with a grain of salt ;).
It's true just like they did in 2016 and they are saying it now. Good luck, because you'll need it.

We have been in the middle of a Trump revolution for over three years now. We are already in chaos. We don't need a Bernie revolution on top of that chaos. We need to settle down a bit, take stock as a country, and move forward from there. Let's make moves that include the good of everyone, and not just the good of the rich, or Trump and his family, or of any one group.

Trump cannot deliver that, but I'll bet Biden can.
We are not going to let a senile old man take over our WH.

We are not afraid of "dark money" nearly as much as we are of Trump being reelected. Bernie is Trump's dream candidate so why would be stupid enough to give him to him? Do you have a death wish? Biden IS NOT the next Donald Trump so stop claiming he is. You seem to forget that it is Republicans winning elections are the root cause of the woes that Bernie rails against and always has been.
Too bad, because he will be reelected again.Bernie voters will stay home again like they did in 2016, because I've always heard them say they will. Good economy and no wars, oh my god Trump is scary LOL. You all have been brainwashed to hate Trump and it's very sad.

Too bad, because he will be reelected again.Bernie voters will stay home again like they did in 2016, because I've always heard them say they will. Good economy and no wars, oh my god Trump is scary LOL. You all have been brainwashed to hate Trump and it's very sad.

Trump is an incompetent moron who is predictably botching the response to the coronavirus. The economy was tanking before it and I don't see how we won't be in a recession by summer. Biden will bring back sanity to DC and a Democratic Senate will mean no more Speaker McTurtle. Things are definitely looking up for 2021.

Trump is an incompetent moron who is predictably botching the response to the coronavirus. The economy was tanking before it and I don't see how we won't be in a recession by summer. Biden will bring back sanity to DC and a Democratic Senate will mean no more Speaker McTurtle. Things are definitely looking up for 2021.
LOL and Biden will be impeached when the GOP takes back the house in the midterms. Revenge is sweet.

LOL and Biden will be impeached when the GOP takes back the house in the midterms. Revenge is sweet.

You are assuming there is still a Republican party after the Trump mistake is fixed. :lol:

You are assuming there is still a Republican party after the Trump mistake is fixed. :lol:
The only party going down the tubes are democrats. They have done nothing for the middle class since retaking the house.

The only party going down the tubes are democrats. They have done nothing for the middle class since retaking the house.

They have over 300 bills sitting on Moscow Mcturtles desk. That's why we are going to send him out to pasture in November.

Since you stated Sanders has failed to expand his base, I thought I’d compare his vote total, percentage from 2016 to his percentage Sanders Received this year. * shows improvement.
State 2016 2020
Iowa 49% 27%
NH 60% 26%
NV 47% 41%
SC 26% 20%

Super Tuesday
AL 19% 20%*
AR 30% 22%
CAL 46% 34%
CO 59% 36%
ME 64% 33%
MA 48% 27%
MN 61% 30%
NC 41% 24%
OK 52% 25%
TN 32% 25%
TX 30% 33%*
UT 79% 35%
VT 86% 51%
VA 35% 31%

I think we must remember 2016 was basically a two-candidate race. Although Webb and O’Malley were on the ballot also. The first 4 primaries in 2020 was basically a 5-candidate race eliminating the rest of the field that was failing to draw more than 3%. Super Tuesday was between Sanders, Biden, Warren and Bloomberg. Even so, I think the numbers show that it was a fact that Sanders failed to expand his base.

Really you think that shows 'improvement'? Where exactly? All I see is Sanders numbers going down, Except in AL where his votes went up by an amazing 1%! And Texas where his number went up by 3%. That's 2 states where he 'improved' but is still within a margin of error.

In the following states his support dropped double digits and some of them by half:

Sanders 2016 2020
MN 61% 30%
AK 29% 20.8%
OK 51.9% 25.1%
VA 35.2% 23.1%
TN 32.4% 24,5%
CO 59% 36%

That is the definition of pathetic and why he has no path to the nomination.

You should actually post some evidence behind your claim. He had huge grassroots following for a while.

Yeah so what? Grassroots followings mean nothing unless you do something and get something accomplished. Remember the Tea Party? I can't think of a single thing they accomplished besides electing some of the dumbest Republicans to congress. There were huge rallies against Trump and impeachment rallies all over the country, but Trump's still President. To me that's a failed movement and his numbers are not growing in his presidential campaign. They are shrinking. Now, I have no doubt that citizens united will become a big talking point on the left in the coming years, but it won't be sanders leading that movement. It'll be all the young people who are joining politics now!

Really you think that shows 'improvement'? Where exactly? All I see is Sanders numbers going down, Except in AL where his votes went up by an amazing 1%! And Texas where his number went up by 3%. That's 2 states where he 'improved' but is still within a margin of error.

In the following states his support dropped double digits and some of them by half:

Sanders 2016 2020
MN 61% 30%
AK 29% 20.8%
OK 51.9% 25.1%
VA 35.2% 23.1%
TN 32.4% 24,5%
CO 59% 36%

That is the definition of pathetic and why he has no path to the nomination.

Did you read this: (* shows improvement.) The * donated improvement. There's only two * in that whole column I gave, Alabama and Texas.

Yeah so what? Grassroots followings mean nothing unless you do something and get something accomplished. Remember the Tea Party? I can't think of a single thing they accomplished besides electing some of the dumbest Republicans to congress. There were huge rallies against Trump and impeachment rallies all over the country, but Trump's still President. To me that's a failed movement and his numbers are not growing in his presidential campaign. They are shrinking. Now, I have no doubt that citizens united will become a big talking point on the left in the coming years, but it won't be sanders leading that movement. It'll be all the young people who are joining politics now!

I would say the tea party whether or not we like it was actually effective at taking over the republican party. It wasnt really grassroots but they managed to take over the republican party and make big gains in congress which enabled them to block several bills that democrats wanted and shut down the government quite a few times. I saw it on the inside before i changed my outlook and ideology. The civil rights movement knew mass movement and action comes before electoralism. I think it was obvious the GOP was never going to remove twump no matter what he did, yet grassroots movements were responsible for changing the contents of congress enough to get this thing to the point they did. It actually surpassed my expectations as i was not expecting even one republican to turn. I dont care much about who gets something done, more about accomplishing goals. If Biden manages to get things done, i will be happy. Its rather foolish to discount grassroots movements.

Biden just engrossed, Mayor Pete's and Bloomberg's entire political operations. They are full of younger, smarter, and moderate democrats who realize that Bernie has no plans to get things done. Hence, why they didn't and aren't joining his campaign. Do you see expose's about how terrible it was to work for Bloomberg or Mayor Pete and huge swaths of them going over to Bernie's campaign? Nope. Not a one!! And I'm rather surprised but happy about that. Plus I'd imagine they are true democrats who don't want to see the party burn to the ground. These are new people to politics (and I assume some Clinton people) who Bernie failed to reach because he was too radical already and hence they chose to work on other campaigns and not his. This is what I've been telling Bernie supporters this entire year. There were 20 other people in the race at one point and each of them had political organizations that did not fit your viewpoints, whatsoever! Democrats are well aware of who Bernie is, he just never changed his messaging to reach the majority of them.

The fact that Mayor Pete and Bloomberg each got 20-30% of democrats to vote for them in various states, means that Bernie made no inroads into his support in the last 4 years. He didn't build up his base and as he begins this latest line of ad attacks and frankly stealing Biden's ideas (which he started before March btw) will go down in flames. Bloomberg spent millions on a similar strategy and while he didn't attack Joe, he is now backing him and already made attack ads against Bernie. Clinton didn't seem to attack Bernie or Trump hard enough, Biden already has the people who will!

There have been HUGE calls to unite around Joe Biden so we can stick to attacking Trump. While currently, Sanders does have some path to the nomination, the polls do not look kind for his future. It won't be long before Sanders drops like a rock. I'm guessing teens by the time he drops out. Which could be sooner rather than later.

You can't even count on half of the young who claim to be involved with politics to actually go out and vote. While Bernie's big mouthed young supporters supported him in the beginning, now that Bernie is on a downward spiral, the young will go back to doing what the young do and that is not going to the voting booth. As soon as they see they are not going to win, they won't even waste their time running up the white flag. Video games, here we come!

Back
Top Bottom