• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beretta BM69

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I have been contacted by a guy I know who mentioned that he either had or was getting a "Beretta M1A" and wanted to know if I was interested. In theory, it will come with about half a dozen magazines. I don't know if it has the bipod or not.

Assuming that it's in decent condition, what price range would be reasonable?

I'm not a gun guy, I was merely in the army so I know a little, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Or course a gun guy would know, and you'll probably get an answer, but how about letting the rest of us know what you're talking about.

I have been contacted by a guy I know who mentioned that he either had or was getting a "Beretta M1A" and wanted to know if I was interested. In theory, it will come with about half a dozen magazines. I don't know if it has the bipod or not.

Beretta 69s were rarely imported into the USA-less than 1500. The 69 was a "civilian" modified semi auto version of the Italian military issue BM 59 (some of the Semi auto only Berettas I have seen for sale have been labeled BM59/69), It was based on a design of an American Enlisted man who was a gunsmith who had rigged up a MI garand to use BAR 20 round magazines. Those used to be available on the US Market and sold for about the same price as a Belgian made Browning FAL-ie around 1200 dollars. Right now they are in the 1800-2800 range

this might be useful

Gun Beretta BM59/69 in 308 Win Semi Auto Rifle | HiBid Auctions

Fwiw, I googled Baretta m69 and Baretta m1a, and neither helped, before I made my post (which did refer to TD).

I saw two or three of these rifles in the late 80s. I own the AR 70 in a semi auto version of the rifle that replaced the 59. It is an excellent rifle save the safety (which works like the safety on the SW 59 series pistols, rather than the AR 15/M16 safeties). I have not shot a BM 59. I have shot the MI4 and MIAI. whether the BM 59 was superior-I haven't the experience personally to say. The MIAI/M14 is a very accurate design which is why M14s are still being used as sniper rifles in some theaters.

I have a SA MIAI super match with a Krieger Match Barrel and their top of the line scope and scope mount. I had a basic MIAI that I sold 30 years ago and used the funds to buy a browning FN-FAL The SA Super Match has a double lugged receiver. I remember shooting a NORINCO Chicom import in the early 1990s, about the time the imports were cut off, There was an American firm that would inspect the norinco rifles, and in some cases, re-heat treat the receivers etc. If you want the very best MIAI/civilian Legal M14 I would recommend these guys.Not cheap but the best. They built me an MI Carbine from new surplus parts about 32 years ago. It was perfect.

M14 Rifles | M14 Assault Rifle | Fulton-Armory.com

The value of a gun like that isn't ever going to go down, so if you pay a little too much for it, it'll balance out over time.

The value of a gun like that isn't ever going to go down, so if you pay a little too much for it, it'll balance out over time.

That is true. I bought a new Steyr Aug in 1987 or so for about 875. I can easily get 2000 For it. Same with my Beretta AR 70

That is true. I bought a new Steyr Aug in 1987 or so for about 875. I can easily get 2000 For it. Same with my Beretta AR 70

A buddy of mine bought a mint condition SKS back in the 80's for three-times what it was worth. Now, that same gun is worth five-times what he paid for it.

A buddy of mine bought a mint condition SKS back in the 80's for three-times what it was worth. Now, that same gun is worth five-times what he paid for it.

yeah one of my archery students inherited a Russian primo SKS-all matching numbers etc. Figures 750 or so, I remember when I could buy a case of 10 for 999

Back
Top Bottom