• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belief In Life On Other Planets Is An Act Of Religious Faith Based On Nothing

IF.

You're hanging your argument on.......IF.

This is what the top chemist says in his challenge to other scientists:

Life should not exist. This much we know from chemistry.
In contrast to the ubiquity of life on earth, the lifelessness of other planets makes far better chemical sense.
He's full of shit. He's not a top chemist, just some religious nutter who is in science. There's plenty of them around.

He makes moronic assumptions that other planets are lifeless. How does he even know? The answer: he doesnt.

Only an idiot would believe him.

Lest we think they came from outer space.....

Although tardigrades are unique in their ability to survive in space, Miller insists there is no reason to believe they evolved for this reason or—as a misleading VICE documentary has implied—that they are of extraterrestrial origin. Rather, the tardigrade's space-surviving ability is the result of a strange response they've evolved to overcome an earthly life-threatening problem: a water shortage.

No, not the same probability. Tardigrades are from earth!

Stop lying and read what I wrote. I never said Tardigrades were aliens- only you said that.

What I said was if tardigrades could survive in space, then there may be other lifeforms that could.

Thats how pathetic your arguments are, you have to lie in an attempt to make a point, and fail when you do so.

Lying is also a sin btw, so you ought to go to confession.

Your silly creationism has no place in science or logic. You have no proof that a god created life, none whatsoever. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Evolution can be observed, and recorded, so there is proof its happening. We cant say the same thing about an imaginary god doing magic.

The fact that you make 3 replies to me, only shows how desperate and false your arguments are. Good job lol

Which is what?
Read up on the Drake Equation, thats what

He's full of shit. He's not a top chemist, just some religious nutter who is in science. There's plenty of them around.

He makes moronic assumptions that other planets are lifeless. How does he even know? The answer: he doesnt.

Stop lying and read what I wrote. I never said Tardigrades were aliens- only you said that.

What I said was if tardigrades could survive in space, then there may be other lifeforms that could.

Thats how pathetic your arguments are, you have to lie in an attempt to make a point, and fail when you do so.

Your silly creationism has no place in science or logic. You have no proof that a god created life, none whatsoever. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Evolution can be observed, and recorded, so there is proof its happening. We cant say the same thing about an imaginary god doing magic.

The fact that you make 3 replies to me, only shows how desperate and false your arguments are. Good job lol

Maybe in the future you should keep your lip zipped if you can't answer a simple question. What are the odds estimated @? 1in a million, a billion, a trillion? It's a fair question and you have done nothing but ducked it. If you don't know the answer than say that.

Because actual engineers and scientists design and build them. Not Musk.

Seems like team members on the teams I've been a part of work together to achieve the goals defined by the guy leading them.

What's your experience?

Corrections: I confused him with someone else - he hasn't won a nobel.
But he has been a recipient of many awards.

As far as I know - nobody has told him he's wrong.........................................or, that, he's "full of shit." 🤷

Rice University chemist James Tour scores prestigious Centenary Prize​

He was inducted into the National Academy of Inventors in 2015 and was listed in “The World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds” by Thomson Reuters in 2014.

He has been named “Scientist of the Year” by R&D Magazine
and was ranked one of the Top 10 chemists in the world over the past decade by a Thomson Reuters citations per publication index survey in 2009.

The same year he was elected a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
He won the Feynman Prize in Experimental Nanotechnology in 2008,
the NASA Space Act Award in 2008 for his development of carbon nanotube reinforced elastomers,
and the Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award from the American Chemical Society for his achievements in organic chemistry in 2007.

Last edited:
Seems like team members on the teams I've been a part of work together to achieve the goals defined by the guy leading them.

What's your experience?

Elon Musk doesn’t directly lead any of those teams.

What are you on about?

You gotta cool down.
You're steaming so much.............................. that, it's affecting your vision?

I didn't say you did.
I said..................................."Lest we think they came from outer space....."

I was simply making that clear.
I've seen some theories flying around online that claim life had originated from outer space!
If I'm not mistaken, I'd also seen it somewhere here some time ago!

I don't want to leave the impression or the misunderstanding, that somehow these tardigrades were the ones!

3 replies just means I've got a lot to say! Or, to add. :)

Anyway - how come I didn't get notified that you quoted me? Good thing I saw your post.
Did you switch me off? Or, something?

Okay. Just rant away.

I can understand where you're coming from: you have nothing to refute. :)

Last edited:
Maybe in the future you should keep your lip zipped if you can't answer a simple question. What are the odds estimated @? 1in a million, a billion, a trillion? It's a fair question and you have done nothing but ducked it. If you don't know the answer than say that.
Nope, you opened up with a dumb, loaded question, and I got you on it. Now that you have the equation, youve been caught flatfooted since you cant rebut it. Well done, thanks for playing.

Corrections: I confused him with someone else - he hasn't won a nobel.
Thanks for proving my point.

Your view is what it is.

There’s at least 4 or 5 levels of managers between Musk and the guys actually doing the designing and building of rockets or electric cars.

If you want to say “Elon Musk manages a company that builds rockets”, I won’t argue the point. Saying he builds rockets is just falling for his PR propaganda.

There’s at least 4 or 5 levels of managers between Musk and the guys actually doing the designing and building of rockets or electric cars.

If you want to say “Elon Musk manages a company that builds rockets”, I won’t argue the point. Saying he builds rockets is just falling for his PR propaganda.
Musk conceptualized, took considerable financial risk, and founded a company that builds rockets would be even better.

Musk conceptualized, took considerable financial risk, and founded a company that builds rockets would be even better.

And literally no one had conceived of the idea of a private space rocket company before.

Considering how much money in subsidies he receives from the government “took considerable financial risk” is a joke.

And literally no one had conceived of the idea of a private space rocket company before.

Considering how much money in subsidies he receives from the government “took considerable financial risk” is a joke.
His companies can be awarded govt contracts, receive subsidies, etc, and he can take considerable financial risk at the same time.

His companies can be awarded govt contracts, receive subsidies, etc, and he can take considerable financial risk at the same time.

Even if SpaceX flatlined tomorrow, Musk would still be a billionaire.

Even if SpaceX flatlined tomorrow, Musk would still be a billionaire.
Of course. Tesla is a 1T market valuation and he's a 20% shareholder.

Nope, you opened up with a dumb, loaded question, and I got you on it. Now that you have the equation, youve been caught flatfooted since you cant rebut it. Well done, thanks for playing.

What point is that?
That I'm honest enough to point out my own mistake....................................... even when you yourself were unaware that I made a mistake? :)

FYI, Musk has made more today in increase FMV of his TSLA ownership than he's ever received in subsidies from all government agencies combined.

To put his total subsidies in context, Musk has made more today on TSLA market value increase than all of the funds his companies have received over the years, combined.

FYI, Musk has made more today in increase FMV of his TSLA ownership than he's ever received in subsidies from all government agencies combined.

To put his total subsidies in context, Musk has made more today on TSLA market value increase than all of the funds his companies have received over the years, combined.

You do know Tesla itself received massive government subsidies and that part of why its able to maintain that stock value, right? Without subsidies, Tesla would have gone out of business years ago.

You do know Tesla itself received massive government subsidies and that part of why its able to maintain that stock value, right? Without subsidies, Tesla would have gone out of business years ago.
Big part of that is via consumer fed tax credits, like every other business benefits from. Incentives to establish factories in various states, like every other business benefits from.

I'm not a huge fan of Musk, but to claim that the dude hasn't taken enormous financial risk throughout his career is absurd.

You got nobody. You brought up that it's a mathematical probability. I'm asking you to put that claim into proper context which your refusing to do. You have disqualified your own post.

What point is that?
That I'm honest enough to point out my own mistake....................................... even when you yourself were unaware that I made a mistake? :)
I called him stupid, and you confirmed it.

You got nobody. You brought up that it's a mathematical probability. I'm asking you to put that claim into proper context which your refusing to do. You have disqualified your own post.
It is a mathematical probability. Thats what an equation is. Try a dictionary next time.

I called him stupid, and you confirmed it.

It is a mathematical probability. Thats what an equation is. Try a dictionary next time.

Confirmed him stupid? Because, he doesn't have a.................. nobel?
Just like Richard Dawkins!

Do you have one? A nobel, I mean.

Lol - don't put your foot in your mouth POS, by calling this man, stupid.
Look at his awards for one thing - not to mention his position.

If such a man, in your view, is stupid - I'd hate to imagine what you think of us............. or, even ............yourself.
Unless, you have a nobel tucked under your belt, of course.

Last edited:
You believe a lifeform that technologically advanced takes the possibility of God off the table ?
No, the lack of any evidence what so ever does that just fine

No, the lack of any evidence what so ever does that just fine

So if we eventually make contact with these vastly more intelligent & superior advanced life forms from other worlds and they said they could offer you evidence of God, what kind of evidence would
They have to show you to convince you ?

DoD Announces the Establishment of the Airborne Object Identification and Management Synchronization Group (AOIMSG)​

NOV. 23, 2021

Back
Top Bottom