• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Baptist preacher not sad that the 5 "homos" were gunned down

Finding one example of just about anything can be done, shows that thing to be "real".

Congradulations
Here's the thing: We should be hearing from THOUSANDS of Baptist preachers condemning this man's words, but we're not.

So yeah, it's real.

It's evil stuff, but it is being used to smear baptists. As if it is representative.
Then Baptists need to speak up and condemn this man's hateful words. Let's start with you.

You still didn't clarify your first sentence in that previous post.

I didn't say salvation is impossible, but by the declarations of some hard right supposed Christians, gays are the worst and deserve being singled out, which is patently untrue. That is Christians showing their hate and hypocrisy. They want to use their hatred of others as some ridiculous shield of their own sins and hypocrisy. I think in the final judgement scenario, God would look at absolute sanctimonious condemnation from a hypocrite as the worst of the worst, don't you think?
Don't concern yourself with the sins of others since, as a sinner, you have no power of condemnation, concern yourself with your own sins and use the time to attempt to overcome them, and please, love thy neighbor.
It was suppose to say"sin does not prevent salvatjon" a typo.

True there are plenty of haters, inconsistant thinkers, self righteous hypocrites etc claiming christianity like any other group.

But Gods grace covers their sin just. as Much as mine if they are a believer. Many are not actually believers however.

However we are instructed to call out the sin of others, just not self righteously. That isn't judgement, it's declaring truth.

Then Baptists need to speak up and condemn this man's hateful words. Let's start with you.
I already did. And I suspect a Google search would find mainstream Baptist leaders doing the same.

You will not find single prominent baptist leader supporting tnis.

Here's the thing: We should be hearing from THOUSANDS of Baptist preachers condemning this man's words, but we're not.

So yeah, it's real.
They do, it just doesn't make the news because its not news. It's everyday life.

News is rare cases of Baptists spouting this hate. It's why you know about it.

In the Epistles. The Epistles aren't the word of God, they're the opinions of that old sinner Paul. Paul is extremely important in the history of Christianity- he probably was the reason Christianity didn't become just another sect of Judaism like the Pharisees, Sadducees and Essenes but his Epistles were just letters he wrote to congregations around the Mediterranean to keep everyone on the same page. They weren't divinely inspired, they were just what Paul thought about stuff.
So what is divinely inspired?

They do, it just doesn't make the news because its not news. It's everyday life.

News is rare cases of Baptists spouting this hate. It's why you know about it.
I'm reminded of this exchange between a reporter and a Baptist preacher whom I respect when he was asked about his church's stand on homosexuality:

Preacher: Homosexuality is just like gossip.
Reporter: How's that??
Preacher: It's a sin and we discourage it.

For too many Christians, there are big sins and little sins. They want to loudly condemn what they consider big sins while ignoring the little ones, as if their little sins don't count against them.

Why don't we hear preachers condemning gluttony every Thanksgiving season? I guess it's because they are too busy celebrating the deaths of sinners.

It was suppose to say"sin does not prevent salvatjon" a typo.

True there are plenty of haters, inconsistant thinkers, self righteous hypocrites etc claiming christianity like any other group.

But Gods grace covers their sin just. as Much as mine if they are a believer. Many are not actually believers however.

However we are instructed to call out the sin of others, just not self righteously. That isn't judgement, it's declaring truth.
We're born in sin, wouldn't we constantly be calling each other out? Have you called out a glutton lately? That one is positively out of control in this country.

We're born in sin, wouldn't we constantly be calling each other out? Have you called out a glutton lately? That one is positively out of control in this country.
Anyone that stands up and says it's OK to over consume will stand against on that. It's rare to hear though.

Calling out dividual sins is mostly a local thing among brothers who offend. Speaking out with moral clarity isn't calling out an individual. But sure some are fixated on certain sins of others while ignoring other sins. No fault divorces common among baptists, rarely is it condemned.

Man of God. Pro Life...

Would I be sad if that fat, sinning, gluttonous pig was shot down? No, I wouldn't. Maybe there would be more food available for those that have very little. :rolleyes:

There are basically two sides to getting votes. One is attracting more people outside the party, mostly independents; the other is turning out the base. Owning the libs did pretty well at turning out their base, many elections were very close despite horrendous candidates. It just wasn't quite enough, but it wasn't without some benefit to them as well as harm.
It lost then the house the white house and the senate and the red tsunami never appeared. I think the some benefit is a loser to the harm done to the party...and yet they seem to be staying on the same path for 24'.

I agree that the bigots need to keep talking. I don't think we can ever get rid of them though. It's sewn into our fabric.

The only real group that is not filled with hate and anger are babies.
About that: I honestly feel that the attack on Pelosi and the disgusting propaganda pushed by Trumpworld about the attack drove people to vote Democrat last cycle. That's why I think it's helpful. Americans are tired of the bigotry and the bullying.

It's evil stuff, but it is being used to smear baptists. As if it is representative.
So where is the pushback and denunciations from the baptist community then? Do you denounce that expression of hatred?

So where is the pushback and denunciations from the baptist community then? Do you denounce that expression of hatred?
Already have.
Most probably do not even know about it. Not exactly breaking news.

It shows a perception on your part painted by a biased narrative. Most any baptist leader would denounce this.

So what is divinely inspired?
Well, according to the Bible Moses was inspired by God with his laws, Noah was inspired by God to build his Ark, Joshua was inspired by God to kill every living thing in Jericho and Lot was inspired by angels to offer his virgin daughters to be gang-raped by a mob.
Nice deflection, by the way.

Do you obey all the Mosaic laws in Leviticus? Most Christians don't, they just cherry-pick that one and say the rest don't apply to Gentiles.
Modern day homophobes (Aaron Thompson in particular) are to our American society what Leviticus is to the Bible.

It lost then the house the white house and the senate and the red tsunami never appeared. I think the some benefit is a loser to the harm done to the party...and yet they seem to be staying on the same path for 24'.
You're missing my points, though. You're speaking as if there is no benefit.

Bullshit. You brought in the topic, I just refuted it and in the usual hypocritical fashion you are avoiding the reality of it.
Make it up as you go lol. I did t write the OP topic. I Responded to it.

Back
Top Bottom