• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bannon

That’s what is interesting... they didn’t even pull off a sophisticated scam.. they didn’t even use encrypted messaging until they were tipped off by bank that they were being investigated..

They thought they were invencible

I suspect Bannon was banking ('scuse the pun), on his association with Trump to get him off the hook. Dumb and dumber.

I still have to investigate further, but it looks to me like someone was out to get Bannon. The money used for personal expenses was a tiny percent of what they raised. And Bannon didn't take any of that money, it was paid as a salary to another guy. And it was paid "through" the non-profit, not from the non-profit.

I don't know the whole story yet, but so far it seems obvious that Bannon didn't steal any money for himself, and might not have stolen any at all. Just passed it through, or laundered it. Ok, a crime but maybe not a big deal at all.

I still don't understand why Bannon would have taken a chance by committing any kind of a crime, considering how many people hate him and want him in jail. Maybe he really did not think he was doing anything terrible, because maybe he wasn't.

Democrats, don't bother commenting on this because I know what you will say and it will be illogical.
No less logical than your looking for an excuse for yet another Trump ally in legal hot water.

How many top aides have to be arrested before people finally admit Trump is a crime boss?

so Bannon is the victim.

didn't see that one coming.

How many top aides have to be arrested before people finally admit Trump is a crime boss?

Ah, but you see, the more they arrest people on team Trump, the more it proves that they're just out to get team Trump. And the lack of evidence that any of 'them' acted with nefarious intent? Why, that's just proof that the conspiracy cleaned up after itself.

It's how all dumbass CTs work.

I still have to investigate further, but it looks to me like someone was out to get Bannon. The money used for personal expenses was a tiny percent of what they raised. And Bannon didn't take any of that money, it was paid as a salary to another guy. And it was paid "through" the non-profit, not from the non-profit.

I don't know the whole story yet, but so far it seems obvious that Bannon didn't steal any money for himself, and might not have stolen any at all. Just passed it through, or laundered it. Ok, a crime but maybe not a big deal at all.

I still don't understand why Bannon would have taken a chance by committing any kind of a crime, considering how many people hate him and want him in jail. Maybe he really did not think he was doing anything terrible, because maybe he wasn't.

Democrats, don't bother commenting on this because I know what you will say and it will be illogical.

The Feds do not indict unless their ducks are in a row and they are sure that they can secure a conviction based on their evidence. Also, of the 2% that ever "plead not guilty" to a Federal indictment and risk trial, most of them are convicted. Bannon is ****ed.

I still have to investigate further, but it looks to me like someone was out to get Bannon.
"Investigate further?" What does that mean?

The money used for personal expenses was a tiny percent of what they raised.
They stole MILLIONS. Bannon alone stole $1 million.

They also repeatedly promised they wouldn't take a single penny for themselves. Total fraud.

And Bannon didn't take any of that money
Yes, he did. That's why he got arrested.

And it was paid "through" the non-profit, not from the non-profit.
The shell companies were a front to cover up the fraud.

I don't know the whole story yet, but so far it seems obvious that Bannon didn't steal any money for himself, and might not have stolen any at all. Just passed it through, or laundered it.
I don't know the whole story yet, but so far it seems obvious that Bannon stole $1 million for himself.

By the way, they already have text messages, fake invoices, and fake vendors. They'll find more soon, as investigators are certainly already going over the paper trails. I wonder what else they will find?

I still don't understand why Bannon would have taken a chance by committing any kind of a crime...
Because he's a narcissistic egomaniac who thought he wouldn't get caught.
The Stunning Predictability of Steve Bannon’s “We Build the Wall” Scam | The New Yorker

By the way, here is Townhall's take on it. They're a super-conservative news site btw.

What Exactly Are Brian Kolfage and Steve Bannon Accused of Doing?

Steve Bannon is accused of funneling over $1 million from We Build the Wall through a non-profit under his control, with hundreds of thousands of dollars alleged to have been used for Bannon’s personal expenses and a portion of the money being redirected to Kolfage. Brian Kolfage is accused of converting $350,000 in funds for personal use, while repeatedly telling his donors that he won’t be taking a penny.

The men devised a scheme to conceal payments to Kolfage by routing his personal payments from We Build the Wall through a non-profit shell company under Bannon and Shea’s control, federal agents learned through their investigation and review of text messages exchanged by the men. The four men apparently pulled out all the stops, from fake invoices to sham vendor arrangements, in order to keep payments to Kolfage under the table....

The men allegedly had an agreement that Kolfage would be covertly paid “$100K upfront” and another $20K per month after that. To conceal these payments in public reports, Kolfage asked Badolato to list these payments as going to his wife for “media.” Shea is accused of helping the men devise other ways to conceal proceeds, including shell companies and laundering funds through fake invoices. A total of $350,000 is alleged to have been paid to Kolfage out of donor funds. Kolfage is purported to have used the money to buy a boat, jewelry, luxury SUV, cosmetic surgery, credit card debt, personal tax payments, and home renovations.

Funny how Trump is the only person that all of reality conspires to victimize.

Donald Trump really is the Painted Bird, is he not? Only the Painted Bird does not usually go out of its way pour paint on itself in order to be attacked by its flock the way Donald Trump has.

I am not done investigating, but found out some more. By the way, why do I post before I have read everything I possibly could read and finalized my investigation? Someone here lectured me that I should not post until completely finished reading. Well, I am bringing this up to see what information others might have.

Anyway -- The defendants had promised donors they would not take any salaries, and ALL the money would go to the wall. But they sent each other text messages stating that Kolfage would be paid secretly. How did the investigators get the text messages? I guess it is not so hard. WHY didn't these guys know their text messages could be intercepted?

And why did Bannon plead not guilty?

Bannon is not stupid. Why did he put information like that in text messages? How can he claim to be not guilty given the statements in the text messages? Could the messages be fake?

This looks pretty complicated to me right now.

Most of the money did go to the wall, by the way. 25 million dollars for the intended purpose, 350 thousand to Kolfage's wife for personal use.

Donald Trump really is the Painted Bird, is he not?
Yeah, about that....

Jerzy Kosiński claimed that The Painted Bird, about a wandering child in Germany during WWII, was autobiographical. It turned out that Kozinski lied, and may have plagiarized much of it. An apt choice.

Anyway. Bannon hasn't worked for Trump for a few years. What's really going on is that Trump surrounds himself with frauds and white-collar criminals, and now that they are thrust into the light of public scrutiny, a bunch of them are getting caught.

I am not done investigating, but found out some more. By the way, why do I post before I have read everything I possibly could read and finalized my investigation? Someone here lectured me that I should not post until completely finished reading. Well, I am bringing this up to see what information others might have.

Anyway -- The defendants had promised donors they would not take any salaries, and ALL the money would go to the wall. But they sent each other text messages stating that Kolfage would be paid secretly. How did the investigators get the text messages? I guess it is not so hard. WHY didn't these guys know their text messages could be intercepted?

Bannon is not stupid. Why did he put information like that in text messages? How can he claim to be not guilty given the statements in the text messages? Could the messages be fake?

Most of the money did go to the wall, by the way. 25 million dollars for the intended purpose, 350 thousand to Kolfage's wife for personal use.

What is your source. Provide a link.

Complicated? This was about amateurish as you can get... good lord

Getting text messages is straightforward... Fake messages? Your dreams are going to be dashed when your "research" concludes how text messages are retrieved via subpoena.

FYI
Never, ever text or email something that would look bad blown up and presented on an easel to a jury.

Last edited:
I am not done investigating, but found out some more. By the way, why do I post before I have read everything I possibly could read and finalized my investigation?
What "investigation?" Are you a private detective now? No, you're just a random person on the Internet.

But yes, before you start making excuses for someone who is arrested for defrauding Trump supporters, you really ought to read up.

Because they were arrogant and, in many ways, quite stupid.

Because he's arrogant and, in many ways, quite stupid.

That said, he was literally only arrested yesterday. It's entirely plausible that after a few months of his lawyers talking to the federal prosecutors, they will cut a deal.

Bannon is not stupid.
He's good at manipulating people, but apparently he's pretty stupid when it comes to committing fraud.

Could the messages be fake?
Seriously?

It looks "complicated" because they probably have him dead to rights, but you just don't want to accept that.

You missed the bit about them stealing at least $1 million. It could very well be more, we don't know yet.

And again, they repeatedly insisted they wouldn't take even 1 cent for themselves. They committed fraud. It really is that simple.

Last edited:
What "investigation?" Are you a private detective now? No, you're just a random person on the Internet.

But yes, before you start making excuses for someone who is arrested for defrauding Trump supporters, you really ought to read up.

Because they were arrogant and, in many ways, quite stupid.

Because he's arrogant and, in many ways, quite stupid.

That said, he was literally only arrested yesterday. It's entirely plausible that after a few months of his lawyers talking to the federal prosecutors, they will cut a deal.

He's good at manipulating people, but apparently he's pretty stupid when it comes to committing fraud.

Seriously?

It looks "complicated" because they have him dead to rights, but you just don't want to accept that.

You missed the bit about them stealing at least $1 million. It could very well be more, we don't know yet.

And again, they repeatedly insisted they wouldn't take even 1 cent for themselves. They committed fraud. It really is that simple.

No it isn't simple. Sending unencrypted text messages about wanted to defraud donors is TOO STUPID and Bannon is smart. Did he WANT to get arrested to undermine Trump's election? They have been enemies for years now.

No it isn't simple. Sending unencrypted text messages about wanted to defraud donors is TOO STUPID and Bannon is smart. Did he WANT to get arrested to undermine Trump's election? They have been enemies for years now.

He is looking at up to 20 years in federal prison. Does he hate Trump that much? What about Shea? Kolfage? Badolato? Are they all in on this conspiracy? Face it, they are crooks and were swindling money. You have NO idea how much of that $25M has or has not been spent. They could have been planning to milk that cow for years but were caught instead.

No it isn't simple. Sending unencrypted text messages about wanted to defraud donors is TOO STUPID and Bannon is smart.
I'm sorry, but you are looking directly at the evidence that he did something very stupid, which exposed his allegedly illegal behaviors. Even if he is not stupid about everything, he is clearly stupid (and arrogant) about defrauding people.

It's like you are watching Bannon hit himself in the head with a hammer with your own two eyes, and declaring that "Bannon isn't stupid, he wouldn't hit himself in the head with a hammer."

Did he WANT to get arrested to undermine Trump's election? They have been enemies for years now.
Even your own attempts to excuse him are collapsing.

I mean, really. Are you suggesting that there is some sort of conspiracy involving federal law enforcement to get at Trump, by... arresting someone he hasn't worked with for years?

Occam's Razor. Look it up.

I'm sorry, but you are looking directly at the evidence that he did something very stupid, which exposed his allegedly illegal behaviors. Even if he is not stupid about everything, he is clearly stupid (and arrogant) about defrauding people.

It's like you are watching Bannon hit himself in the head with a hammer with your own two eyes, and declaring that "Bannon isn't stupid, he wouldn't hit himself in the head with a hammer."

Even your own attempts to excuse him are collapsing.

I mean, really. Are you suggesting that there is some sort of conspiracy involving federal law enforcement to get at Trump, by... arresting someone he hasn't worked with for years?

Occam's Razor. Look it up.
Someone will get hurt.....

Uh yes, and what are you?

Uh yes, and what are you?
I'm an ordinary person, who does not:

• Refer to reading news articles as an "investigation"

• Does not go straight to conspiratorial thinking when a former member of the Trump administration gets arrested

• Deny that however smart Bannon may be at some things, he's an arrogant ass and blithering idiot when it comes to committing crimes

Back
Top Bottom