• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bad LIVE Bands!

mixedmedia said:
(John) Entwistle was a master, too. I don't know of a better bassist ever in rock music.

Chris Squire is pretty awesome.

Gardener said:
Chris Squire is pretty awesome.

Doh? I said Brian? Don't know what I was thinking there....

Chris Squire? Yes, no? Is that right?

Here's my best-in-concert list of musicians:

Best Guitarist's
  1. Eric Clapton
  2. Jeff Beck
  3. Jimmy Page
  4. Alvin Lee
  5. Richie Blackmore
  6. Carlos Santana
  7. Dickie Betts

Best Bassist's
  1. Jack Bruce
  2. John Entwistle
  3. Chris Squire
  4. Stanley Clarke

Best Drummers's
  1. Ginger Baker
  2. Keith Moon
  3. John Bonham
  4. Carl Palmer
  5. Alan White

Best Keyboard's
  1. Keith Emerson
  2. Rick Wakeman
  3. John Lord

Best Singer's
  1. Ian Gillan
  2. Roger Daltry
  3. Robert Plant
  4. Ian Anderson

Yeah, Billo, you've pretty much seen the best of the best there. What's really sad is that to have seen that many great concerts in this day and age would be not much less than the cost of a two year college degree. Remember when concert tickets were about 10-15 bucks? Its unbelievable now. Now people pay 60-80 to see Britney Spears and the like lip-synch through their shows. Crazy.

I saw the Black Crowes open up for Tom Petty this past Summer, and the Crowes sucked.

The only other band I can think of that disappointed me was way back along time ago when I saw America in concert.....sheesh....better stay in the studio, guys...I've heard better performances at the local open mike nights.

Originally Posted by mixedmedia:
Yeah, Billo, you've pretty much seen the best of the best there. What's really sad is that to have seen that many great concerts in this day and age would be not much less than the cost of a two year college degree. Remember when concert tickets were about 10-15 bucks? Its unbelievable now. Now people pay 60-80 to see Britney Spears and the like lip-synch through their shows. Crazy.
I paid $6.50 to see Led Zeppellin at the Long Beach Arena in 1975.

Billo_Really said:
I paid $6.50 to see Led Zeppellin at the Long Beach Arena in 1975.

Oh man.....I've have felt for as long as I can remember that I was born in the wrong decade. Something happened and I was born 15-20 years too late. I have never felt like a member of my generation.

$6.50 to see Led Zeppelin....sheesh...what can you get for $6.50 these days...just about 2 gallons of gas. Crazy world.

Billo_Really said:
Here's my best-in-concert list of musicians:

Best Guitarist's
  1. Eric Clapton
  2. Jeff Beck
  3. Jimmy Page
  4. Alvin Lee
  5. Richie Blackmore
  6. Carlos Santana
  7. Dickie Betts

Best Bassist's
  1. Jack Bruce
  2. John Entwistle
  3. Chris Squire
  4. Stanley Clarke

Best Drummers's
  1. Ginger Baker
  2. Keith Moon
  3. John Bonham
  4. Carl Palmer
  5. Alan White

Best Keyboard's
  1. Keith Emerson
  2. Rick Wakeman
  3. John Lord

Best Singer's
  1. Ian Gillan
  2. Roger Daltry
  3. Robert Plant
  4. Ian Anderson

uhhhh why isn't Jimi Hendrix on the list of "best guitarists"?

My personal lists would have had Robert Plant 2nd on "Singers" with Matt Barlow being number 1.

Originally Posted by Arch Enemy:

My personal lists would have had Robert Plant 2nd on "Singers" with Matt Barlow being number 1.
Because I never saw Jimi live. The closest I ever got was Randy Hansen at the Long Beach Arena.

Billo_Really said:
Because I never saw Jimi live. The closest I ever got was Randy Hansen at the Long Beach Arena.

It doesn't matter. He's still the best!

Originally posted by Arch Enemy:
It doesn't matter. He's still the best!
I don't know how old you are, but I was pretty young when he hit the scene. And man, what an impact. He arrived much like the Beatles did, took the torch, and took the music into places no one thought possible. I think John Lennon said Hendrix did things with the guitar that he didn't know it could make those sounds. Everybody was singing "I wanna hold your hand" and then, all of a sudden, you start hearing the opening chords to Purple Haze and your going, 'What the Fuuck!' Awesome!

V.I. Lenin said:
Milli Vanilli and Ashley Simpson. They are terrible live...:mrgreen:

Milli Vanilli sounded good. That is because they were lip synching instead of actually singing. Here's a joke.

There is a new kind of ice cream at the store called Milli Vanilli. Looks great on a shelf, but it is made out of styrofoam. You really wouldnt want to buy it. :)

Arch Enemy said:

On best guitarist list, you missed Joe Satriani. You missed Steve Vai. You missed Michael Batio.

How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

5001. One to change it, and 5000 to say "I can do that."

Originally posted by danarhea:
On best guitarist list, you missed Joe Satriani. You missed Steve Vai. You missed Michael Batio.

How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

5001. One to change it, and 5000 to say "I can do that."
Satriani is awesome. Loved Vai in Crossroads. Don't know who Batio is. The list was just the ones I saw in concert. If we wanted to do one for who was best, I don't think it would be anyone's surprize if I said Eddie Van Halen. Although I'm partial to Clapton.

I forgot I saw Jeff Healy at the Strand in Redondo Beach. He was pretty good too.

Billo_Really said:
Satriani is awesome. Loved Vai in Crossroads. Don't know who Batio is. The list was just the ones I saw in concert. If we wanted to do one for who was best, I don't think it would be anyone's surprize if I said Eddie Van Halen. Although I'm partial to Clapton.

I forgot I saw Jeff Healy at the Strand in Redondo Beach. He was pretty good too.

Jeff Healy is freaking awesome. He is blind too. I saw him in concert quite a few years ago. I like the way he lays his guitar on his lap and plays it. The result is a very unique sound.

Michael Batio was also known as Michaelangelo. He had a custom made guitar with 2 necks in a V formation, and would play both necks at the same time, one hand on each neck. All hammerons on both necks in harmony. Absolutely incredible.

Originally posted by danarhea:
Jeff Healy is freaking awesome. He is blind too. I saw him in concert quite a few years ago. I like the way he lays his guitar on his lap and plays it. The result is a very unique sound.

Michael Batio was also known as Michaelangelo. He had a custom made guitar with 2 necks in a V formation, and would play both necks at the same time, one hand on each neck. All hammerons on both necks in harmony. Absolutely incredible.
I keep forgetting people I saw. Steve Howe was good. So was Terry Kath. And I think I should pop myself in the mouth for this one, Carlos Santana. I saw him twice.

Back
Top Bottom