• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AUKUS: UK, US and Australia Launch Pact to Counter China

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The US, UK, and Australia have announced a new joint pact to support security in the Indo-Pacific region:

AUKUS: UK, US and Australia Launch Pact to Counter China

The UK, US and Australia have announced a historic security pact in the Asia-Pacific, in what's seen as an effort to counter China.

It will let Australia build nuclear-powered submarines for the first time, using technology provided by the US.

The Aukus pact, which will also cover AI and other technologies, is one of the countries' biggest defence partnerships in decades, analysts say.

China has condemned the agreement as "extremely irresponsible".

Foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said it "seriously undermines regional peace and stability and intensifies the arms race".

China's embassy in Washington accused the countries of a "Cold War mentality and ideological prejudice".

The pact also created a row with France, which has now lost a deal with Australia to build 12 submarines.

"It's really a stab in the back," France's Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told France Info radio.

And of course Biden once again forgot names, unable to remember the name of Australia's prime minister.
Well... you know... you know the thing...

The US, UK, and Australia have announced a new joint pact to support security in the Indo-Pacific region:

And of course Biden once again forgot names, unable to remember the name of Australia's prime minister.
Biden: I want to thank that fellow down under. Thank you very much pal. Appreciate you Mr. Prime Minister.”

I don't know if I want to laugh at Biden...or cry for America.

I like how you include your stupid partisan crap. That way someone who didn't already know not to expect your post to have any credibility, would know. It's a big 'ole stamp.

We need all of those we can get, though more in the way of economic ties, not extra military commitments. Shame the vile pig-bastard you worship tore up TPP.

But there was one little silver lining in that (of Trump's many) America-sabotaging acts: you praised him, revealing that no China-related criticism you ever have or ever will throw at Biden is made in good faith.

Hell, even in this thread you don't praise Biden for it. Instead, your own original content was the aforementioned stupid partisan crap. Not even yours. Canned and second-hand. SAD!

Biden: I want to thank that fellow down under. Thank you very much pal. Appreciate you Mr. Prime Minister.”

Mycroft, in post #2, with someone else's canned partisan crap. A day ending in "y".

Last edited:

Trumplicans: "Oh my god, I love China now!"

Hey @Mycroft.
Hey @sanman

'Member this?

Trump forgets.png

"I just want to thank everybody, the first responders, on behalf of myself, our Vice President—Melania really wanted to be with us," Trump said, somehow forgetting that the Slovenian former model was standing directly to his left in a green shirt and white baseball cap. What?

Whaddya say then?

Didja go "haha, senile loser"?

Trumplicans: "Oh my god, I love China now!"
???

I didn't say a word about China.

Take your stupid, ****ing, spinning lies and shove them.

Hey @Mycroft.
Hey @sanman

'Member this?

View attachment 67354133

"I just want to thank everybody, the first responders, on behalf of myself, our Vice President—Melania really wanted to be with us," Trump said, somehow forgetting that the Slovenian former model was standing directly to his left in a green shirt and white baseball cap. What?

Whaddya say then?

" . . . . . on behalf of myself, our Vice President . . . "

He even forgot Pence's name. Sharp fellow, the Donald.

Hey @Mycroft.
Hey @sanman

'Member this?

View attachment 67354133

Whaddya say then?

Have fun with your deflection.

You are dismissed.

" . . . . . on behalf of myself, our Vice President . . . "

He even forgot Pence's name. Sharp fellow, the Donald.

It'd be interesting to see even one Trumpist criticism that isn't the dumbest partisan hypocrisy. Hell, it'd be interesting to see one that was original dumb partisan hypocrisy. Yet they're all saying the same thing in unison, always. I've never seen that in politics before. Lock-step squared.

Trumpists: "Biden didn't memorize the PM's name!"
Non-Trumpists: :rolleyes:

Have fun with your deflection.
You are dismissed.
Pointing out the stupid hypocrisy of your post isn't "deflection". It's the reason why you don't really accomplish anything by making sure to post such crap in slot #2. On every single issue you criticize Biden, you've praised Trump for far worse. Trump can't remember his wife's presence or his VP's name, but you're on about Biden not memorizing the Australian PM's name.

You have nothing to say.

Dismiss away. :ROFLMAO:

We need all of those we can get, though more in the way of economic ties, not extra military commitments. Shame the vile pig-bastard you worship tore up TPP.

oink, oink -- TPP is not a military partnership, just a trade agreement -- one which would have cost a lot of American jobs

Trump is going to get away with his crimes isnt he?

Well, he didn’t slam the phone down on him.

oink, oink -- TPP is not a military partnership, just a trade agreement -- one which would have cost a lot of American jobs

Explain how an agreement that was never ratified, and unilaterally repudiated by your fuhrer cost a lot of American jobs.

We’ll wait.

Explain how an agreement that was never ratified, and unilaterally repudiated by your fuhrer cost a lot of American jobs.

We’ll wait.
What does "We'll wait" mean, exactly? I'm not waiting, because while I don't agree with the poster, he never said what you nastily accused him of. Read it again: "could have".

Thank you, though, for recognizing that agreements need to be ratified.

Hey @Mycroft.
Hey @sanman

'Member this?

View attachment 67354133

Whaddya say then?

Lest we forget Tim Apple.
:)

Yea!

About time that some nations stood up to the bullies in Beijing.

Hope they send a private warning (no use making those hair-dyed tyrants lose face in public) to not invade Taiwan.

Still laughing how little Vietnam kicked China's posterior when the latter invaded after the Vietnam War.

Regarding that gentleman's forgetting the name of the Aussie leader, no one is surprised. Or cares. He is irrelevant. Pay attention to Nancy and Chuck and Harris and the Cabinet. And, of course, the official mouthpiece of the Dem administration, the New York Times.

The President is working to reassert the role of the United States as a world leader, after the jingoism, insults, self dealing and betrayal of his predecessor.

I doubt that Canberra will be too annoyed at Biden over a name under the circumstances.

The talk radio right wing in the US is a different matter. But after the disgrace they have brought on themselves over the last twenty years, who cares?

What does "We'll wait" mean, exactly? I'm not waiting, because while I don't agree with the poster, he never said what you nastily accused him of. Read it again: "could have".

Thank you, though, for recognizing that agreements need to be ratified.

HE can explain that too.

Are we mad that Biden joined other nations in a counter to China (which defeats the narrative that Biden is in China's pocket) or that Biden forgot someone's name?

Senile Joe is too far gone. It is time Democrats allow de facto President Mamma Kamala to start doing the Press Conferences. She cackles like a witch but at least her brains are not too foggy

It is really pathetic to watch whiny trump dead enders ignore the import of this news in order to parrot the trumpian theme about Biden being “senile” or in poor mental health.

This after defending a narcissistic sociopath with a finger on the button.

This is major foreign policy news. The reinstatement and cementing of the bond of the english speaking nations against the increasing territorial and economic ambitions of China.

Something trump was never interested in, although he beat his chest about “chiner” regularly, after abandoning the TPP, starting trade wars that accomplished little other than destroying the market for US soybeans in China and forcing taxpayers to subsidize farmers, and raising the prices of numerous consumer products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom