• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Atlas Shrugged Day

Would you support an Atlas Shrugged Day?

• Total voters
Korimyr the Rat said:
You need to read more carefully. I didn't say it wasn't enough to oppose-- I said it wasn't enough to cause white men to view themselves as part of a single, unified group.

White men would only consider themselves as a unified group for the narrow but very important reason that the purveyors of discrimination had defined them as the targets of discrimination.

I've already noted that I'm opposed to the same admissions practices you're complaining about. I'm just not willing to support a futile gesture against a comparatively minor problem.

Minor to whom? You're not the white person who studied hard, got the grades, got the SAT scores, got the LSAT scores, and then had the door slammed in his face because he was white, so to you it's minor. It'll be MAJOR to you when the day comes when the door is unjustly slammed in YOUR face.

alphamale said:
You're not the white person who studied hard, got the grades, got the SAT scores, got the LSAT scores, and then had the door slammed in his face because he was white, so to you it's minor.

What, and you are?

alphamale said:
White men would only consider themselves as a unified group for the narrow but very important reason that the purveyors of discrimination had defined them as the targets of discrimination.

Considering that no one on this thread has agreed with you yet, I'm guessing that the amount of unity among white males is low to nonexistent.

alphamale said:
Minor to whom? You're not the white person who studied hard, got the grades, got the SAT scores, got the LSAT scores, and then had the door slammed in his face because he was white, so to you it's minor. It'll be MAJOR to you when the day comes when the door is unjustly slammed in YOUR face.

Yeah well until that day comes, stop pretending like it's in our individual self-interest to look like idiots and lose our paychecks to strike with you.

alphamale said:

Puh-lease. As someone else who is in the law school application process, I can tell you that if you have the grades and the LSAT score, you get in. Doesn't matter what your race or gender is. I knew this was just a case of some guy whining cause he didn't succeed somewhere.

Kandahar said:
A nationwide strike designed to influence public policy is the ultimate example of collective bargaining.

"Collective bargaining", as it is understood in the american polity, means unions, who have been given a state-granted monopoly on labor in some companies and some indutries, use the state-granted monopoly to withhold labor as a device to extract money from employers. This is not at all the same as WMs who have no such monopoly withholding their services as a group of individuals.

Nope, not yet. So why do you need a nationwide strike to get people to change their minds in this unjust system you find yourself in? Why can't you intellectually defend them and convince people to vote for the right politicians?

Because people, like politicians, are corrupt - all kinds of people are willing to use the political system to gain advantages from their fellow citizens - they aren't to be "convinced".

alphamale said:
"Collective bargaining", as it is understood in the american polity, means unions, who have been given a state-granted monopoly on labor in some companies and some indutries, use the state-granted monopoly to withhold labor as a device to extract money from employers. This is not at all the same as WMs who have no such monopoly withholding their services as a group of individuals.

Then how the hell is striking going to bring about the policies you want? The government would have no idea what the hell to do to get people to stop striking, because your message would inevitably be diluted as other people in this "group of individuals" had other axes to grind and agendas to push.

alphamale said:
Because people, like politicians, are corrupt - all kinds of people are willing to use the political system to gain advantages from their fellow citizens - they aren't to be "convinced".

Then explain to me how it's going to end affirmative action if you stop working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale

Considering that no one on this thread has agreed with you yet, I'm guessing that the amount of unity among white males is low to nonexistent.

Uh, two or three people are an inadequate sample to conclude anything.

Quote:

Yeah well until that day comes, stop pretending like it's in our individual self-interest to look like idiots and lose our paychecks to strike with you.

Do you think it's smart to wait till the day that you personally suffer discrimination? An aside: don't use words like "our" ("we", etc) - it makes you appear to be a collectivist *****.

Kandahar said:
Then how the hell is striking going to bring about the policies you want? The government would have no idea what the hell to do to get people to stop striking, because your message would inevitably be diluted as other people in this "group of individuals" had other axes to grind and agendas to push.

Then explain to me how it's going to end affirmative action if you stop working.

If even a minority of, say, 10% of WMs took part in such a strike, the results would be devastating. It would clarify for even the brainwashed, the PC, and the merely stupid, and certainly for the establishment that is the author of the discrimination, exactly what and who it is that makes this country work.

alphamale said:
If even a minority of, say, 10% of WMs took part in such a strike, the results would be devastating.

Yeah well good luck getting tens of millions of people to join your strike. DebatePolitics forums are the best place to start.

alphamale said:
It would clarify for even the brainwashed, the PC, and the merely stupid, and certainly for the establishment that is the author of the discrimination, exactly what and who it is that makes this country work.

Or maybe your employer would just hire some black guy to replace you. :lol:

Kandahar said:
Yeah well good luck getting tens of millions of people to join your strike. DebatePolitics forums are the best place to start.

The internet is exactly the place to start. You think any ultra non-PC ideas are ever going to see the light of day in the liberal media? Whether the idea gets anywhere depends how many complacent white uncle toms there are.

alphamale said:

OK, we'll wait a few days to see how many people agree with you. Be sure to let the rest of us know when and where you guys will be striking, so we can alert the media.

alphamale said:
Do you think it's smart to wait till the day that you personally suffer discrimination?

I don't think it's smart to strike against a PRIVATE employer to change a PUBLIC policy, period. And even if it was, I don't think it's smart to forego your paycheck for such a trivial policy.

alphamale said:
An aside: don't use words like "our" ("we", etc) - it makes you appear to be a collectivist *****.

Oh I'm so sorry my grammar offends you. **** off.

Puh-lease. As someone else who is in the law school application process, I can tell you that if you have the grades and the LSAT score, you get in. Doesn't matter what your race or gender is. I knew this was just a case of some guy whining cause he didn't succeed somewhere.

Sure, like Gratz and Grutter. Do they have TV and newspapers where you live? Come back when you know a few facts.

There are few things more pathetic than spoilt, WASPy men with a persecution complex. Sheesh, and I thought my mother loved looking for matyrdom that isn't there... :roll:

Quote:

OK, we'll wait a few days to see how many people agree with you. Be sure to let the rest of us know when and where you guys will be striking, so we can alert the media.

"Us"? "We"? :lol:

Quote:
Do you think it's smart to wait till the day that you personally suffer discrimination?

I don't think it's smart to strike against a PRIVATE employer to change a PUBLIC policy, period. And even if it was, I don't think it's smart to forego your paycheck for such a trivial policy.

It's a PRIVATE policy as well as a PUBLIC policy - as I indicated earlier, PRIVATE employers have become enthusiastic, true believing discriminators.

Quote:
An aside: don't use words like "our" ("we", etc) - it makes you appear to be a collectivist *****.

Oh I'm so sorry my grammar offends you. **** off.

Temper temper! :2razz:

vergiss said:
There are few things more pathetic than spoilt, WASPy men with a persecution complex. Sheesh, and I thought my mother loved looking for matyrdom that isn't there... :roll:

I'm hardly a wasp, and why don't you debate the issue - no guts?

alphamale said:
I'm hardly a wasp, and why don't you debate the issue - no guts?

I have. What more is there to say on "That's bull and you're a twat"?

alphamale said:
The last group discriminated against - the only one not given special privileges - and the one that built western civilization - white males. Would you support one day a year in which all white males go on strike - refuse to work? This poll is for white males only.

"White" males are probably the most privaliged. Also "white" males that live today aren't necessarily the ones who "built" "Western Civilization", nor even the first that built "Western Civilization", since the first are technically the "Native Americans", so how does that relate to the "white" males of today, since they are obviousely different people.

What is the point of this poll?:confused: It really doesn't make sense "Would you support one day a year in which all white males go on strike - refuse to work?"?????????????

Also would I be considered "white"? I have a European and Gypsy descent.

vergiss said:
I have. What more is there to say on "That's bull and you're a twat"?

Braaaack braaaack chicken chicken chicken!!! :2rofll:

Also, careful - "twat" isn't in the book of PC admissable words and phrases - do you want to be drummed out of the university?

alphamale said:
Sure, like Gratz and Grutter. Do they have TV and newspapers where you live? Come back when you know a few facts.

Forgive me for not shedding a tear for two people who didn't get into a school because in all likelihood they weren't qualified. Don't try to foist your inability to get into law school onto people who actually study.

Comrade Brian said:
"White" males are probably the most privaliged.

Nonsense - they on the contrary the last group for which it's open season to discriminate against. Unless they are homosexual, and then they DO slide into the privileged group.

Also "white" males that live today aren't necessarily the ones who "built" "Western Civilization",

A good point - I modify my statement to "maintain and improve current western civilization".

nor even the first that built "Western Civilization",
since the first are technically the "Native Americans", so how does that relate to the "white" males of today, since they are obviousely different people.

This is sheer hokum - american indians didn't build western civilization.

What is the point of this poll?:confused: It really doesn't make sense "Would you support one day a year in which all white males go on strike - refuse to work?"?????????????

What part don't you get?

Also would I be considered "white"? I have a European and Gypsy descent.

If the discriminators consider you white, then you're white for that purpose.

alphamale said:
Braaaack braaaack chicken chicken chicken!!! :2rofll:

Also, careful - "twat" isn't in the book of PC admissable words and phrases - do you want to be drummed out of the university?

:neutral:

Couldn't get into daddy's med school?

Kelzie said:
Forgive me for not shedding a tear for two people who didn't get into a school because in all likelihood they weren't qualified.

This is the last time I'm going to respond to you until you get a few facts into your head, instead of the verbal masturbation you've engaged in hereto fore. Here's one to get you started:

White candidates with Grutter's credentials (LSAT score of 161 and grade point average of 3.81) had an admission rate of only 8.6%. But black Law School applicants with exactly the same credentials had an admission rate of 100 %.

You don't know what you're talking about - stop cluttering up this thread.

vergiss said:
:neutral:

Couldn't get into daddy's med school?

My daddy was disabled on a construction job, I grew up in poverty, and I certainly earned my university admission.

alphamale said:
This is the last time I'm going to respond to you until you get a few facts into your head, instead of the verbal masturbation you've engaged in hereto fore. Here's one to get you started:

White candidates with Grutter's credentials (LSAT score of 161 and grade point average of 3.81) had an admission rate of only 8.6%. But black Law School applicants with exactly the same credentials had an admission rate of 100 %.

You don't know what you're talking about - stop cluttering up this thread.

Awwww....are you getting mad cause nobody believes that you didn't get into law school cause of those durn minorities?

Post your source. And it better be from a real place, not some whiny poor white boy site.

Kelzie said:
Awwww....are you getting mad cause nobody believes that you didn't get into law school cause of those durn minorities?

Post your source. And it better be from a real place, not some whiny poor white boy site.

I bet the Jewish Conspiracy had something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom