• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ATF strikes again - Forced reset triggers

Artymoon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Friendly PSA for any that may own these - ATF is at it again and is classifying some forced reset triggers as "machine guns". Letters were sent out today to FFL's notifying immediate ban on some of these triggers. I don't know how many of these have been sold but this is potentially creating a slew of felons by an agency that seems to do things "just because".

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) recently examined devices commonly known as “forced reset triggers” (FRTs) and has determined that some of them are “firearms” and “machineguns” as defined in the National Firearms Act (NFA), and “machineguns” as defined in the Gun Control Act (GCA).

Based on ATF’s determination that the FRTs that function as described above are “machineguns” under the NFA and GCA, ATF intends to take appropriate remedial action with respect to sellers and possessors of these devices.
Current possessors of these devices are encouraged to contact ATF for further guidance on how they may divest possession. If you are uncertain whether the device you possess is a machinegun as defined by the GCA and NFA,
please contact your local ATF Field Office. You may consult the local ATF Office’s webpage for office contact information.

Another example of a government agency ignoring its own definition in order to exercise more control. I hope this gets squashed sooner than later and the ATF gets some checks out on their tactics.

Good. Crack down and crack down hard.
I realize you support anything that harasses gun owners-but if someone buys a legal product, how is it proper for unelected bureaucrats to suddenly determine the items bought legally are now contraband? Hope the courts ream the ATF assholes out

Friendly PSA for any that may own these - ATF is at it again and is classifying some forced reset triggers as "machine guns". Letters were sent out today to FFL's notifying immediate ban on some of these triggers. I don't know how many of these have been sold but this is potentially creating a slew of felons by an agency that seems to do things "just because".

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) recently examined devices commonly known as “forced reset triggers” (FRTs) and has determined that some of them are “firearms” and “machineguns” as defined in the National Firearms Act (NFA), and “machineguns” as defined in the Gun Control Act (GCA).

Based on ATF’s determination that the FRTs that function as described above are “machineguns” under the NFA and GCA, ATF intends to take appropriate remedial action with respect to sellers and possessors of these devices.
Current possessors of these devices are encouraged to contact ATF for further guidance on how they may divest possession. If you are uncertain whether the device you possess is a machinegun as defined by the GCA and NFA,
please contact your local ATF Field Office. You may consult the local ATF Office’s webpage for office contact information.

It's always just been a work around, a way for the whackos to pretend they've got a "real machine gun". Like a bump stock or a binary trigger. Toy's for Rambo wannabes.

In related news, the ATF has declared that alcohol is actually the same thing as fentanyl.

Sorry PW. I guess you're gonna have to switch to tea. Too bad about that wine cellar of yours.
HA HA. Sadly alcohol kills more Americans every year than fentanyl. Still laughing?

A sobering reality: Alcohol kills more Americans each year than drug overdoses do

Alcohol dependence represents a more insidious threat than we are willing to acknowledge – to our health, our families and our livelihoods.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/09/24/stop-glamorizing-alcoholism/5819630001/

It's always just been a work around, a way for the whackos to pretend they've got a "real machine gun". Like a bump stock or a binary trigger. Toy's for Rambo wannabes.
stupid laws--like the stupid ban on firearms that had no history of criminal misuse for 7 decades-causes such actions

Whereas, you claim to own the real thing. That makes you the real thing?

Whereas, you claim to own the real thing. That makes you the real thing?
I find that one of the more gut busting claims I have seen. it's up there with our most vociferous gun banner claiming to have a Georgia CCW permit

I realize you support anything that harasses gun owners-but if someone buys a legal product, how is it proper for unelected bureaucrats to suddenly determine the items bought legally are now contraband? Hope the courts ream the ATF assholes out

Still peddling that cr@p about the gun control lobby's real objective is just to harass gun owners
Will you play the victim all your life ?

Still peddling that cr@p about the gun control lobby's real objective is just to harass gun owners
Will you play the victim all your life ?
yeah I think the main objective of the gun control leaders is to harass lawful gun owners for political reasons while pandering to stupid people for votes

I am personally no fan of bump stocks or FRTs as I find them to be a bit silly like toys, but they are NOT a "work around" to machine guns. Clearly you don't understand what a machine gun is--- or how how a select fire rifle actually works.

ATF must follow the actual definitions which are in the NFA, they cannot just on a whim begin to redefine things on their own.

I am personally no fan of bump stocks or FRTs as I find them to be a bit silly like toys, but they are NOT a "work around" to machine guns. Clearly you don't understand what a machine gun is--- or how how a select fire rifle actually works.

ATF must follow the actual definitions which are in the NFA, they cannot just on a whim begin to redefine things on their own.
The ATF needs to be taken apart by the courts. It is a rogue agency in many cases

stupid laws--like the stupid ban on firearms that had no history of criminal misuse for 7 decades-causes such actions
Ever heard of the valentine's day massacre?

Back
Top Bottom