• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ATF strikes again - Forced reset triggers

Whereas, you claim to own the real thing. That makes you the real thing?
The select fire switch. Forced triggers and binaries are prone to slam fire because they're working on the trigger group., not the sear.

I find that one of the more gut busting claims I have seen. it's up there with our most vociferous gun banner claiming to have a Georgia CCW permit
Kansas. And federal FFL/SOT.

There's also the fact that I don't wanna ban your guns.

I am personally no fan of bump stocks or FRTs as I find them to be a bit silly like toys, but they are NOT a "work around" to machine guns. Clearly you don't understand what a machine gun is--- or how how a select fire rifle actually works.

ATF must follow the actual definitions which are in the NFA, they cannot just on a whim begin to redefine things on their own.
Already explained.

Ever heard of the valentine's day massacre?
Which happened before NFA 1934, not afterwards.

You mean where 4 gang members, two armed with shotguns, two armed with Thompsons, surprised seven unarmed rival gang members and killed them execution style? That shooting could have been accomplished with four shotguns or four .38 revolvers.

I supposed you also want to blame the need for NFA 1934 on the antics of John Dillinger, Clyde Barrow and Machine Gun Kelly?

Friendly PSA for any that may own these - ATF is at it again and is classifying some forced reset triggers as "machine guns". Letters were sent out today to FFL's notifying immediate ban on some of these triggers. I don't know how many of these have been sold but this is potentially creating a slew of felons by an agency that seems to do things "just because".

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) recently examined devices commonly known as “forced reset triggers” (FRTs) and has determined that some of them are “firearms” and “machineguns” as defined in the National Firearms Act (NFA), and “machineguns” as defined in the Gun Control Act (GCA).

Based on ATF’s determination that the FRTs that function as described above are “machineguns” under the NFA and GCA, ATF intends to take appropriate remedial action with respect to sellers and possessors of these devices.
Current possessors of these devices are encouraged to contact ATF for further guidance on how they may divest possession. If you are uncertain whether the device you possess is a machinegun as defined by the GCA and NFA,
please contact your local ATF Field Office. You may consult the local ATF Office’s webpage for office contact information.

I have to admit im ignorant of this trigger but it seems dumb just like many of the abortion laws nutters are trying to pass

a law that caters to nutters, does nothing to actually help or protect us, punishes law-abiding people shiting on their rights and freedoms, does nothing to criminals or to punish crimes and real concerns and or crimes get ignored and or continue

Kansas. And federal FFL/SOT.

There's also the fact that I don't wanna ban your guns.
most anti gunners don't claim they want to our guns-or at least not all of them. but once you buy into the bullshit that restricting want honest people do, somehow will impede criminals, you have bought into ultimately supporting gun bans if your intermediate steps don't reduce crime (assuming crime control is actually your motivation)

Still peddling that cr@p about the gun control lobby's real objective is just to harass gun owners
Will you play the victim all your life ?
To some, life is just a one act play. There is no other role for them. ;)

They do.

They don't.
"For the purposes of the National Firearms Act the term Machinegun means:

• Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger
  • The frame or receiver of any such weapon
  • Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively or combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, or
  • Any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person."

Firearms with bump stocks don't fit this definition. Firearms with binary triggers don't fit this definition.

most anti gunners don't claim they want to our guns-or at least not all of them. but once you buy into the bullshit that restricting want honest people do, somehow will impede criminals, you have bought into ultimately supporting gun bans if your intermediate steps don't reduce crime (assuming crime control is actually your motivation)
Reality is we have to make them harder to get'

I'm already licensed and insured. Why shouldn't everyone else be?
I don't need an abortion or to marry another man. Why should anyone need these?

If licensing to own a firearm was unconstitutional would you still want to force everyone to do it?
What are you insured for?

Stupid pills. Then maybe the conservative types could keep up with the threads.

I was just wondering, because the last time it sounded like you were complaining about the availability of guns, it turned out you were just upset about security procedures at the airport.

In related news, the ATF has declared that alcohol is actually the same thing as fentanyl.

Sorry PW. I guess you're gonna have to switch to tea. Too bad about that wine cellar of yours.
Pot is a better buzz anyway

Why not all rights that if removed or ignored could make guns harder to get or reduce gun violence?

Because most are good (though the 1A could use a re-write)
But the one right that needs removing is the right to a gun - which can be removed with a repeal of the 2A.

There's no such right.

Are you not able to read ?
I said REPLACE it with this right
ie: Remove one right and create another in its place (you can't really replace it with a right that already exists now can you?)

The inability of the right to follow a simple conversation is bewildering sometimes.

Because most are good (though the 1A could use a re-write)
But the one right that needs removing is the right to a gun - which can be removed with a repeal of the 2A.

Are you not able to read ?
I said REPLACE it with this right
ie: Remove one right and create another in its place (you can't really replace it with a right that already exists now can you?)

The inability of the right to follow a simple conversation is bewildering sometimes.

Now explain how your proposed gun ban that doesn't ban guns will lead to a gun free society.

I imagine lots of readers, left and right, are having trouble following that.

Back
Top Bottom