• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ATF strikes again - Forced reset triggers

The problem with stacking more gun laws on top of gun laws that already exist it creates a larger gray area, allowing the federal alphabet police to interpret a law that was written in the 1930's to encompass firearms technology of today. The ATF can't without changing the wording of the legal definition. The Rare Breed FRT15 trigger was intentionally designed to remain compliant with the statutory definition of a machine gun. This fact is back up by four former ATF agents/ subject matter experts, one of which wrote the firearm identification curriculum taught at the national ATF training academy even to this day.

Another gray area in firearm / machine gun law is a situation involving MKE MP5 clones. Prior to 1986 any person could register a small metal part that fits in the trigger pack. This part was considered the machine gun! Anyone caught with this part after the Hughes Amendment went into effect could face 10 years in prison and fines up to $250,000. Today MKE MP5 clones come with the very part installed in the trigger pack that could get you sent to prison.

Attachments

• hk trigger pack.jpg
    hk trigger pack.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1
The problem with stacking more gun laws on top of gun laws that already exist it creates a larger gray area, allowing the federal alphabet police to interpret a law that was written in the 1930's to encompass firearms technology of today. The ATF can't without changing the wording of the legal definition. The Rare Breed FRT15 trigger was intentionally designed to remain compliant with the statutory definition of a machine gun. This fact is back up by four former ATF agents/ subject matter experts, one of which wrote the firearm identification curriculum taught at the national ATF training academy even to this day.

Another gray area in firearm / machine gun law is a situation involving MKE MP5 clones. Prior to 1986 any person could register a small metal part that fits in the trigger pack. This part was considered the machine gun! Anyone caught with this part after the Hughes Amendment went into effect could face 10 years in prison and fines up to $250,000. Today MKE MP5 clones come with the very part installed in the trigger pack that could get you sent to prison.

Gun control laws should also repeal the laws that went before them.

Gun owners would sooner give up their flag than their guns...

Atlanta residents would sooner live with high crime than move somewhere with a less perfect climate.

Erm, I think the main way was just asking for them as the whole country was in such shock at the time.
Such mass shootings are so rare here that they always create huge news and almost all the guns were voluntarily handed in.

There was national outrage at the time and I think even the criminals felt it but Icoul be wrong.
It was certainly a very strongly felt issue across the entire country.
We just don't have an afinty with firearms as you guys do.

You have to almost surgically remove them.

Atlanta residents would sooner live with high crime than move somewhere with a less perfect climate.
I've lived in the South - "perfect climate" isn't how I would describe it.

I've lived in the South - "perfect climate" isn't how I would describe it.
Come on man there is nothing like stepping outside on an August day and instantly have your shirt stuck to you. A nice labored deep breath of 90% humidity lets you feel alive. The pleasant drone of mosquitos in your ear like a lullaby.

Come on man there is nothing like stepping outside on an August day and instantly have your shirt stuck to you. A nice labored deep breath of 90% humidity lets you feel alive. The pleasant drone of mosquitos in your ear like a lullaby.

The two states with the biggest mosquito problem: Minnesota and Alaska.

The two states with the biggest mosquito problem: Minnesota and Alaska.
The south has their share. But oh that wonderful climate! People emigrate for that alone.

Back
Top Bottom