• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As we watch a nation with its back to the wall, fighting for its freedom, do you really think that masks take your freedoms away?

Consider Ukraine: now ask if masks are really taking away your freedoms

• Total voters
Nah.

Just able to see the folly in electing a man that has the mental acumen of a resident of a nursing home.

Then again…we had the choice between two nursing home residents.

Gotta love that in a country with hundreds of millions we only put old folks up for the job of leading the free world.
The majority in our country thanks to the baby boom are of like mind. Be careful, old doesn't mean mentally ill. I think this country is just used to an exhibitionist. Normal looks boring but it thinks clearly, and has restraint.

*wear.

What clothing is for "morality"? Is that a religious thing?

Why can you not walk on the street naked in the midst of summer but for morality aspects enforced on society? Which removes freedom from people.

Or the minimum area covered by bikinis on many beaches, that is a morality based restriction on people's freedom. Heck laws that make it illegal for women to wear tops when men can go top less is a morality based restriction

a mask isn't clothing. we have to wear clothing regardless of any normal situation.

and when you introduce a new restriction, you're further limiting rights, surely you can see why people would not be kind to this?

Because air is free and gas is not.
It is minor restriction compared to other meaningless non beneficial restrictions

Trump's Rootin' for Putin - and 6 in 10 at CPAC want him as their nominee again!

I wish Reagan were around to see what's become of his party.
Reagan started this shit, he set the country down this path of extremism, rich worshipping, and profits at all cost. Why do people pretend otherwise? Reagan was a POS

Did you wear a mask everytime you went outside 5 years ago?
Not every time, but when visiting my father prior to his heart surgery and post surgery as well as my mother during her intense cancer treatments.

And while it isn’t a mask, I make sure to vaccinate as my wife has MS.

Now that I’ve answered your questions….

If you feel that it doesn’t affect your freedoms, let us know why if you would.

Now that we have an actual nation where a tyrannical thug is trying to take their freedoms away by force and killing folks to that effect, do you feel that mask mandates also take your freedoms away and is comparable to what is happening in Ukraine? Let us know if so and why if you would.

If you feel that it doesn’t compare, but you still feel that your freedoms are being taken away…again, please let us know why.

And as always, there is the other category.

Since I answered your question, would please answer one of mine?

And to be clear, asking me the question you’ve already posted doesn’t answer the questions I posted here.

Thanks!

Hey - even FEMA is getting on board with masking. Don't forget to mask up and social distance if you have to head into that nuclear fallout shelter. Don't want the Covid to get you.

Go to the basement or middle of the building. Stay away from the outer walls and roof. Try to maintain a distance of at least six feet between yourself and people who are not part of your household. If possible, wear a mask if you’re sheltering with people who are not a part of your household. Children under two years old, people who have trouble breathing, and those who are unable to remove masks on their own should not wear them.

I'm surprised FEMA hasn't been one of the leaders of the charge.

🤣

Not the first time someone has made the idiotic comparison to war and mask wearing. The lunacy of the left knows no bounds.

Leftists believe that since people are literally fighting for their life against an actual enemy, then US citizens should blindly swallow the lies and rhetoric about masks and be good little puppets like the rest of the leftist sheep. ****ing tragic.

Masking did far more harm than good. Masking children was and is unconscionable. We will pay long term for what we did to this generation. Never let a crisis go to waste.
Tyranny and communism come incrementally.

Yes, no or other.
Losing freedom is losing freedom. Just because some are facing a tougher time does not negate others losing their freedoms as well...

Masking did far more harm than good. Masking children was and is unconscionable. We will pay long term for what we did to this generation. Never let a crisis go to waste.
Tyranny and communism come incrementally.
What did wearing masks do to the children?

It is sad to see so many people hating "conservatives or liberals" instead of just hating those that do stupid things.

It is the divisive nature of today and evidence of how many people are OWNED by youtube, Facebook, etc's algorithms.

Yes, no or other.
It's not the masks! It's the Government taking away your right to use a mask as you see fit!
What you should be noting here is that the Left/DEM's want to be more like Russia than follow the US Constitution!

Who else is getting tired of hearing shameless plugs for masking? Don't you mandate mongers ever sleep?
Some of the anti mask people and some of the anti vaccine people are sleeping forever.

Does that help?

It's not the masks! It's the Government taking away your right to use a mask as you see fit!
What you should be noting here is that the Left/DEM's want to be more like Russia than follow the US Constitution!
It appears the government tried to save a whole bunch of citizens lives and they committed covid suicide anyway.

You indicate you haven't heard the praise for Putin coming from RW media, especially Fox news. You don't have to watch Tucker and Laura to hear what they've been saying. You also have to realize their comments are being used on Russian state TV and also heard and believed by millions of conservative Americans.

They are dangerous, period. They are stupid and uninformed. They are conservative mainstream. Fox News is anything but on the fringes.
Fox news is mainstream now and has been for a long time. I remember their talking heads loving on Putin before Trump. They love the strongman autocrat.

Thats what the whole “apology tour” narrative was about. They view decency as weakness.

They all died, they did not get the oxygen they need because of the mask. All the children dead, for the sake of the elderly and obese
Oh. That is a shame.

Children are emotionally, educationally and developmentally hurt by masks with absolutely no scientific basis to justify.
What evidence do you have of this? As I sit here with hundreds of students everyday, I don't see anything remotely like that.

Oh for ****'s sake. FOX has gone off the deep end with this nonsense - so worried about protecting their masculine image that they behave like toddlers throwing a tantrum over wearing a mask. Meanwhile Ukraine is giving the world a true lesson in resilience and courage. Their women have bigger stones that these whiny crybabies on FOX.

FOX needs to address the "Tucker-ization" of their menfolk.
Faux news just needs to be bankrupted.

Children are emotionally, educationally and developmentally hurt by masks with absolutely no scientific basis to justify.
That's nonsense. If there has been any emotional impacts it is from parents who put them in the front line of their political and ideological positions. My observation is that children who are positively supported by their parents and not brought into the political argument are doing just fine. The school closures were much more damaging in my view. A kid in school with a mask on is much less damaged than a child isolated by on line learning.

It appears the government tried to save a whole bunch of citizens lives and they committed covid suicide anyway.
Be mad at Fauci, the Wuhan lab, and China! they put this virus in to existence! All the precautions would not have STOPPED this virus from running it's course!!!

Were you mad at the DEM's for stopping Trump from banning fights in from China? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom