• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As Lumber Prices Fall, the Threat of Inflation Loses Its Bite

There are going to be thousands of recent home buyers experiencing remorse when they see the house next door in their subdivision selling for 20 grand less than when they closed.

Gonna leave a mark!
Doom and gloom is all you bring to the table after your political party gets it ass kicked in an election.

And yet you and your fellow cultists do it every day.

This is basic. The U.S. economy will not have double digit nominal GDP growth without inflation of about 3%-4%... it just doesn't work that way.

Long run estimates of inflation, and GDP growth are basically 2% given our demographics and income distribution.

Bullshit
You're really a great debater. I'm convinced.

You're really a great debater. I'm convinced.
You and i are not debating.

You come here to push an agenda and i am correcting your lies, spin, deflection, and general ignorance. Please do not confuse our interaction as debate.

I'm glad lumber is leveling off but my suppliers have gone up 5%-20% across the board and no lumber is involved. I have no choice but to raise my prices unless those prices don't go back down.

No matter what you do, you can't spin constantly rising prices. As long as you keep on adding multi-trillion dollar spending packages onto the debt and driving up costs through being anti-business and pro-climate change, prices will continue surging unabated.
Lol no...

You and i are not debating.

You come here to push an agenda and i am correcting your lies, spin, deflection, and general ignorance. Please do not confuse our interaction as debate.
What agenda have I pushed? What lies have I presented here?

I'm glad lumber is leveling off but my suppliers have gone up 5%-20% across the board and no lumber is involved. I have no choice but to raise my prices unless those prices don't go back down.
I wish it would level off here. Where is this place lumber prices are leveling off?

I believe so. I’m talking about the cost of lumber right now.

So you're basing a trend on a single data point?

Sounds useful.

It wasn't a political comment, but if you get your jollies from this.......it's OK with me.
It is entirely political. You're not basing your statements on economic / financial reasoning.

What agenda have I pushed? What lies have I presented here?
Your entire participation in this forum is based on pushing a partisan agenda. Every post has zero content.

Beats me when those prices will come down. As I said all my costs are up as of last month.
I know people she were ready to build a new home and they had to hold off as the cost of their lumber package made it cost prohibitive to build.

I’m sure someone thinks that’s a partisan motivated comment.

I don't know anyone who would not care about 20K.
Huh? You should never care about sunk costs because there’s nothing you can do to change it. Unless you want to walk away from the mortgage of course.

And yes I know that’s easier said than done.

I know people she were ready to build a new home and they had to hold off as the cost of their lumber package made it cost prohibitive to build.

I’m sure someone thinks that’s a partisan motivated comment.
What is partisan is pretending like we should not be concerned with inflation that has already begun.

Spending money on themselves, that we don't have is the only thing all of them agree on.

Back
Top Bottom