• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Around 350,000 Americans will die from COVID in 12 months. Is that winning?

Lockdowns are, by definition, kicking he can down the road.

There wouldn't be the need to lock down if people took proper safety precautions. I agree that the virus is not going away by just locking down unless we locked down hard for a month. Going into the winter we needed the baseline of numbers to be much lower than it is. I fear that there may be the need for future lockdowns in some areas in order to once again not overwhelm the hospitals.

I get not wanting restrictions in life. I don't get gathering in large groups including weddings, rallies, protests, parties etc. Don't gather inside with several people without masks either. Use common sense.

So...you are saying the governors are weak, as well as failed leaders.

I think you are right...at least for some of them.

I do think many Governors are weak. I have no doubt that they feared the repercussions of going against Trump. This is why a nation wide strategy was needed. There are too many states with different views on what needs to be done. Too many people travelling from state to state. This could have been a coming together moment for the country much like a war situation. Instead, this country has become even more polarized. This pandemic has become even more political. It should never have come to this. Leadership matters in a time like this.

I dont need to. Its written on all of your faces. Since you all blame Trump for the covid deaths, naturally you would defend Hillary if she was POTUS instead.

Nope, its the truth. And Im not a Trump supporter, so youre doubly wrong lol
LOL "Written on our faces!" That's a good one. So you're back-peddling now, literally nobody said there would be no covid deaths without Trump. What has been implied and even said directly is that there would be a lot less covid deaths had a competent leader been president who was actually willing to do anything at all. Trump spent MONTHS telling people not to wear masks. Yes, lives could've been saved.

Given the prediction of over two million dead bodies in the streets, yes, it is winning.
FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
Donald Trump

Nope. Complete waste of time, money. effort ... Protect the vulnerable, we know exactly who they are, and let the rest of us 99.9% get back to our lives.
You can't address where the "2M" stat came from....and then you advocate for insane herd immunity nonsense.

Of course not. We are heading back into the flu season - more people indoors ...
flu season is not caused by "people being indoors". You can't form a coherent argument that follows what you are responding to. I made a mistake posting to you, once again.

There wouldn't be the need to lock down if people took proper safety precautions. I agree that the virus is not going away by just locking down unless we locked down hard for a month. Going into the winter we needed the baseline of numbers to be much lower than it is. I fear that there may be the need for future lockdowns in some areas in order to once again not overwhelm the hospitals.

I get not wanting restrictions in life. I don't get gathering in large groups including weddings, rallies, protests, parties etc. Don't gather inside with several people without masks either. Use common sense.
I live in CAlifornia. We've been locked down hard for seven months. You cannot go anyplace without everyone suing masks. And we're spiking. Lockdowns are not the answer.

You can't address where the "2M" stat came from....and then you advocate for insane herd immunity nonsense.

?? Imperial University in London. Who said anything about herd immunity?

flu season is not caused by "people being indoors".
yes it is
You can't form a coherent argument that follows what you are responding to. I made a mistake posting to you, once again.
Backatcha

?? Imperial University in London.
Based on doing nothing.
Who said anything about herd immunity?
You are by arguing for doing next to nothing.

yes it is
No, its not, you have zero understanding of the causation of influenza .....and you are displaying it in a pandemic thread where 1M worldwide have died.

Backatcha
and yet, here you are...

Anything else you want to correct, or are you sticking to California, not LA county?
I live in LA County. LA is short for Los Angeles. It's a county in California. Damn, is there any depth to the ignorance you are willing to expose in your posts? Most would be embarrassed. Kudos to you.

I live in LA County. LA is short for Los Angeles. It's a county in California. Damn, is there any depth to the ignorance you are willing to expose in your posts? Most would be embarrassed. Kudos to you.
LA county is NOT "California", take a geography class some time.

It could be more or less obviously, but if we keep averaging what we've averaged so far (even with a ton of people, but not all, being safe) it should be somewhere in that range. And what's a bit concerning is we're now doing more things together with November, December, January and February to go.

That's without a vaccine and mass production and distribution of course.

You're completely wrong, according to WHO is the mortality rate of Covid-1984 much lesser as by common flu.

0.23%

Results I included 61 studies (74 estimates) and eight preliminary national estimates. Seroprevalence estimates ranged from 0.02% to 53.40%. Infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 1.63%, corrected values from 0.00% to 1.54%. Across 51 locations, the median COVID-19 infection fatality rate was 0.27% (corrected 0.23%): the rate was 0.09% in locations with COVID-19 population mortality rates less than the global average (< 118 deaths/million), 0.20% in locations with 118–500 COVID-19 deaths/million people and 0.57% in locations with > 500 COVID-19 deaths/million people. In people < 70 years, infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 0.31% with crude and corrected medians of 0.05%. Conclusion The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 can vary substantially across different locations and this may reflect differences in population age structure and case-mix of infected and deceased patients and other factors. The inferred infection fatality rates tended to be much lower than estimates made earlier in the pandemic.

Results I included 61 studies (74 estimates) and eight preliminary national estimates. Seroprevalence estimates ranged from 0.02% to 53.40%. Infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 1.63%, corrected values from 0.00% to 1.54%. Across 51 locations, the median COVID-19 infection fatality rate was 0.27% (corrected 0.23%): the rate was 0.09% in locations with COVID-19 population mortality rates less than the global average (< 118 deaths/million), 0.20% in locations with 118–500 COVID-19 deaths/million people and 0.57% in locations with > 500 COVID-19 deaths/million people. In people < 70 years, infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 0.31% with crude and corrected medians of 0.05%. Conclusion The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 can vary substantially across different locations and this may reflect differences in population age structure and case-mix of infected and deceased patients and other factors. The inferred infection fatality rates tended to be much lower than estimates made earlier in the pandemic.
oh, sorry. now that you've typed that i now realize that we don't have 225,000 COVID deaths and aren't on our way to 350,000 in a year.

From a purely social Darwinist perspective it's probably good that the old, weak and poor are dying.

That's an ideology, not science.

If We Did Nothing, which by the way seems to be trumps game plan, just ignore it and it will go away, as will a lot of American Citizens. Thinking the American People will pass of that idiotic approach.

If covidiots would quarantine themselves on one island and emerge with the survivors in five years, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with their malice.

oh, sorry. now that you've typed that i now realize that we don't have 225,000 COVID deaths and aren't on our way to 350,000 in a year.

The entirely Covid 'statistic' is faked

LA county is NOT "California", take a geography class some time.
LA County where I live is in California. It's where I walk around and everyone is wearing masks. And we've been locked down for seven months. And we're spiking. Which part of this did you not understand the first time?

You conveniently left out the part about "no mitigation efforts".

That's the disinformation.
??? Isn't that Biden's entire argument? That Trump hasn't done anything? That he's ignored it?

Back
Top Bottom