• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Army orders 35 Boeing AH-64E attack helicopters

US Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Military helicopter designers at the Boeing Co. will provide 35 of the latest-version AH-64 Apache attack helicopters to the U.S. Army under terms of a $591.2 million contract modification announced late Thursday.

Officials of the Boeing Defense, Space & Security segment in Mesa, Ariz., will build 35 new AH-64E Apache Guardian attack helicopters with advanced avionics under terms of the contract modification, awarded by the Army Contracting Command at Redstone Arsenal, Ala.
AH-64E%2020%20Feb%202015.jpg

Army orders 35 AH-64E Apache Guardian attack helicopters in $591.2 million contract to Boeing

Better engines, transmission, rotors, survivability, weapons capacity, range, and computing. :cool:

That's a bad, bad bird.

We had a couple of those fly out to the ship and sat on deck for a few hours during my first Med cruise(the cruise that ended up with us in the Red Sea after Iraq invaded Kuwait), so of course we all had to go look. Got to even climb in and get a good look, pretty awesome. Sadly, only military helicopter I got to ride in was a CH-47(I think, it has been a long time, picture looks right though from what I remember).

the rail guns moving independent of the flight direction really was a major leap in combat aviation

But...but...but they COULD have the Air Force's A-10s and update those instead.

We had a couple of those fly out to the ship and sat on deck for a few hours during my first Med cruise(the cruise that ended up with us in the Red Sea after Iraq invaded Kuwait), so of course we all had to go look. Got to even climb in and get a good look, pretty awesome. Sadly, only military helicopter I got to ride in was a CH-47(I think, it has been a long time, picture looks right though from what I remember).

You had two Apaches land on a cruise ship, that you were holidaying on?

Military helicopter designers at the Boeing Co. will provide 35 of the latest-version AH-64 Apache attack helicopters to the U.S. Army under terms of a $591.2 million contract modification announced late Thursday.

Officials of the Boeing Defense, Space & Security segment in Mesa, Ariz., will build 35 new AH-64E Apache Guardian attack helicopters with advanced avionics under terms of the contract modification, awarded by the Army Contracting Command at Redstone Arsenal, Ala.
AH-64E%2020%20Feb%202015.jpg

Army orders 35 AH-64E Apache Guardian attack helicopters in $591.2 million contract to Boeing

Better engines, transmission, rotors, survivability, weapons capacity, range, and computing. :cool:

if its even remotely related to the older models it will spend more time in the shop than anything,they are wicked birds,but their reliability mostly electronically has been awefull when compared to the chinook and the blackhawk.i hope the new model doesnt suffer electronic and computer failures as frequent as the old ones.

Back
Top Bottom