• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona surpasses 5,000 coronavirus deaths

Is that why you post an article from the August 13th?
I would say it is a more reliable number than what is posted 7 days ago. Again, that is for the whole county, the city is more concentrated and I'm not foolish enough to believe that a metro population of 4.8M will suddenly turn on a dime and cut infection rates in half.....when testing levels are declining.

Further still, we have no real grasp of what percent of the total population has been exposed, we are more than likely looking at at least 70% NOT being exposed. That is the danger of opening up too soon.

Not true! Hospital and lab data are pretty much up to date. Deaths reported go back as far as June.
bull****, every source, INCLUDING the AZDHS site, stresses that data is always at least 4 to 7 days behind.

meh .... so ?
I can't do a damned thing about it and I'm tired of hearing the fatalistic fear mongering..
y'all try to have a happy day.

Yes, and 'y'all' continue to ignore a deadly pandemic. You better pray it doesn't affect you or your family and friends.

So far...

We'll see, but AZ's current daily case counts are not really significantly different than NY or NJ's (still a little higher, but on a downward trajectory), and NJ and NY are starting to reopen now. I hope it goes well for them.

I would say it is a more reliable number than what is posted 7 days ago. Again, that is for the whole county, the city is more concentrated and I'm not foolish enough to believe that a metro population of 4.8M will suddenly turn on a dime and cut infection rates in half.....when testing levels are declining.

Further still, we have no real grasp of what percent of the total population has been exposed, we are more than likely looking at at least 70% NOT being exposed. That is the danger of opening up too soon.

Just look at the daily hospitalizations, ER visits, ICU etc. All have been trending down. Do you still not believe?

Yes, and 'y'all' continue to ignore a deadly pandemic. You better pray it doesn't affect you or your family and friends.

my family has been deep in the midst of this situation from the get-go... medically..
due to that, I have enough printed material and scientific argument on line that if printed would be ass deep on an African elephant.. I'm not ignoring a damned thing and do become aggravated by those who only accept what they want to believe. Nearly all media published info is nothing more than click bait folderol feeding people's fears... if it bleeds it leads!
make it a good day S

Back
Top Bottom