• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Arizona surpasses 5,000 coronavirus deaths

You blathered this story before, and we both know if we'd have blocked AMERICANS returning you and you ilk would have pissed and moaned about THAT.

Quarantining returning Americans or at least asking them to self-quarantine is the only way we could have stopped the virus from coming from China. That's why what Trump did with China was so racist. Because in reality it had nothing to do with containing the virus and suggested that it was just the "evil" Chinese that were a threat. Don't keep making me remind myself of what could have been. It's depressing.

Quarantining returning Americans or at least asking them to self-quarantine is the only way we could have stopped the virus from coming from China. That's why what Trump did with China was so racist. Because in reality it had nothing to do with containing the virus and suggested that it was just the "evil" Chinese that were a threat. Don't keep making me remind myself of what could have been. It's depressing.
mindless nonsense. :roll: Do you seriously contend that in early February - when Trump imposed the ban, that quarantining or preventing American citizens from returning or asking them to quarantine at that point would have worked? 20-20 hindsight.

Total fearmonger BS!

AZ has been trending down for a month and a half. AZ has gone from 21% positive average per week to the current 5%. AZ has one of the lowes Rt's in the nation. Hospital statistics are the lowest they've been throughout the pandemic. Businesses are being allowed to open up because we have reached proper benchmarks. We've gone from averaging 3800 cases a day to less than 600. This number is dropping quickly. Many of the daily reported deaths you see are from June and July.

ADHS - Data Dashboard

Some pretty steep downward trends.

Take a look at the heat map below. Does it look like AZ is a hot spot.

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times

Do some research next time you try to preach your doom and gloom.

As much as I understand why you want to compare Arizona results to New York's, its not an apt comparison as the circumstances are vastly different.

1) NY was blind-sided. It was in NY and spreading fast before anyone knew what hit them. The hospitals were quickly overwhelmed. As a state hit hard early in the process, doctor's were still learning how to treat the virus. NY responded well and brought it under apparent control.

2) Arizona learned no lessons from NY. They opened up early and were careless. The state government, like the federal government, was guilty of mixed-messaging and leading with economics rather than science. They did not need to have an outbreak in the state of the magnitude they had. It was substantially the result of bad leadership.

The Arizona death rate is now at 688 per million. If Arizona were a distinct country, that death rate would put in the top 10 in the world, ahead of France, Spain, UK and Italy .... it did not need to happen.

United States Coronavirus: 6,139,078 Cases and 186,855 Deaths - Worldometer

Its good to see Arizona's numbers come down, but they were only up there in the first place because of bad federal and state leadership. It was far more preventable than what New York experienced.

Why Arizona’s Covid-19 epidemic became the worst in the US - Vox
Why Arizona Is Having A Coronavirus Spike And Colorado Isn’t — And How Colorado Could Help | Colorado Public Radio

There was no excuse for Arizona (or Texas or Florida, who followed the same roadmap of arrogance and foolishness)

Last edited:
today

Attachments

• x63w1tyfy0k51.jpg
    x63w1tyfy0k51.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 27
  • x63w1tyfy0k51.jpg
    x63w1tyfy0k51.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 27
What about all the free Vit D?

Vitamin D deficiency increases the likelihood of bad symptoms. Youths tend to have good vitamin D levels, so added vitamin D to college students would probably not have much effect.

mindless nonsense. :roll: Do you seriously contend that in early February - when Trump imposed the ban, that quarantining or preventing American citizens from returning or asking them to quarantine at that point would have worked? 20-20 hindsight.

So you think the China ban could have had any effect at all when infected Americans were allowed in without so much as a warning? That does not make any sense. Why did Trump bother it all if 1000's of Covid infected Americans were not restricted? Just admit that Trump did nothing and the China ban was a joke that never had any chance of stopping the virus.

Last edited:
So you think the China ban could have had any effect at all when infected Americans were allowed in without so much as a warning? That does not make any sense. Why did Trump bother it all if 1000's of Covid infected Americans were not restricted? Just admit that Trump did nothing and the China ban was a joke that never had any chance of stopping the virus.
Yes, I think the ban DID help - both from China and later from Europe. Anytime you reduce the number of potential carriers you reduce the spread of the disease. All you seem to thing of is "Trump! :twisted:". You support masks a lockdowns, right? Same principle.

As much as I understand why you want to compare Arizona results to New York's, its not an apt comparison as the circumstances are vastly different.

1) NY was blind-sided. It was in NY and spreading fast before anyone knew what hit them. The hospitals were quickly overwhelmed. As a state hit hard early in the process, doctor's were still learning how to treat the virus. NY responded well and brought it under apparent control.

2) Arizona learned no lessons from NY. They opened up early and were careless. The state government, like the federal government, was guilty of mixed-messaging and leading with economics rather than science. They did not need to have an outbreak in the state of the magnitude they had. It was substantially the result of bad leadership.

The Arizona death rate is now at 688 per million. If Arizona were a distinct country, that death rate would put in the top 10 in the world, ahead of France, Spain, UK and Italy .... it did not need to happen.

Its good to see Arizona's numbers come down, but they were only up there in the first place because of bad federal and state leadership. It was far more preventable than what New York experienced.

Why Arizona Is Having A Coronavirus Spike And Colorado Isn’t — And How Colorado Could Help | Colorado Public Radio

There was no excuse for Arizona (or Texas or Florida, who followed the same roadmap of arrogance and foolishness)
excellent post

I've reread my post several times and I still don't see where I was comparing NY to AZ.

Yes I do.

They went into effect ONLY after Douche "allowed" them to be mandatory. Phx made them mandatory the day after, June 19th. Prior to that, I saw more than 50% wearing masks.

Uh, that bolsters MY argument.

I live downtown, travel to Arcadia often, The Phoenix Tennis Center....and Encanto courts when they were open. I do all the shopping.... and laundry at the mat. I was born here, had a house in the Coronado district.....don't tell me I don't know Phx.

You may know Phoenix but you have a poor understanding of how the pandemic is going here.

You keep bringing up the date Ducey allowed it to happen. Ya! We know! Who's arguing that?

You say I bolstered your point. How?

You may know Phoenix but you have a poor understanding of how the pandemic is going here.
That is a fact free opinion.

You keep bringing up the date Ducey allowed it to happen. Ya! We know! Who's arguing that?
Yeah, I said he took down the restrictions too early before, and before that he was late to apply them, he has not followed either ASU or CDC guidelines, and we are seeing blooms again. We are still over 12% positivity.

You say I bolstered your point. How?

me: People in Phx finally got the message to distance, to wear masks, the news of cases/deaths scared folks into taking action.

then you said:

you: I guarantee you that nobody who wasn't afraid before became afraid when the numbers spiked.

I'm not sure what the problem was in seeing that those two comments make the same point

Last edited:
That is a fact free opinion.

Yeah, I said he took down the restrictions too early before, and before that he was late to apply them, he has not followed either ASU or CDC guidelines, and we are seeing blooms again. We are still over 12% positivity.

me: People in Phx finally got the message to distance, to wear masks, the news of cases/deaths scared folks into taking action.

then you said:

you: I guarantee you that nobody who wasn't afraid before became afraid when the numbers spiked.

I'm not sure what the problem was in seeing that those two comments make the same point

We are over 12% positive total since the pandemic started including when we spiked up to 21%. We are currently getting seven day averages of 5%. I'm gonna go with what is happening now and not go with your fear monger numbers. Maybe in your zip code it's 12% but not mine. I think we are closer to 3%. You either don't understand the numbers or you are being a typical doom and gloomer and cherry picking the worst numbers that are out of context you can find.

More people started to mask up only after it became mandatory. Do you really think Trump supporters were scared into wearing masks because the numbers were spiking?

What blooms are we seeing? We might be leveling off but we are still trending downward.

Wait I thought the pandemic was over and we won. That is what I heard at the RNC.

More people died during the four days of the RNC than on 9-11. We still lead the world in deaths, doesn't sound like winning to me.

I've reread my post several times and I still don't see where I was comparing NY to AZ.

You are absolutely correct. I meant that as a response to post #8, below. That was sloppy posting on my part. I am sorry.

That's tragic, but still less than a third of what New Jersey had, and less than a sixth of what NY had.

OK, post #8..... this was meant for your information.

With all due respect, the treatment for covid-19 is panic and it's hard for people to panic if you're not giving them information worthy of panic. That's especially important in states that could swing blue in November because, as we all know, the only known cure for covid-19 is Biden.

Of course not. The "cure" for Covid-19 is competent leadership. Every place else in the world that has been hit hard but is now returning to normal, it was competent leadership that made that happen. In 2020 America, that competent leadership happens to be named Joe Biden, but it could have many other names other than Donald Trump.

Clearly, the current guy clearly screwed this up. I think 100K+ plus needless deaths is grounds for dismissal, don't you? Maybe not. How many deaths of our fellow Americans are you willing to overlook? How many are acceptable to you?

Last edited:
We are over 12% positive total since the pandemic started including when we spiked up to 21%. We are currently getting seven day averages of 5%.
that is pcr, that is less than a week, there is always a delay, i'm looking at serology.

I'm gonna go with what is happening now and not go with your fear monger numbers.
you are fudging numbers for Guv Douche.
Maybe in your zip code it's 12% but not mine. I think we are closer to 3%.
statewide.

You either don't understand the numbers or you are being a typical doom and gloomer and cherry picking the worst numbers that are out of context you can find.
read above, ie the Guv.

More people started to mask up only after it became mandatory.
you already admitted it was due to news of infections/deaths, that predates Douche "allowing" cities/counties to make that call.

here is the Douche violating his own orders:

RS6QD1y.jpg

Do you really think Trump supporters were scared into wearing masks because the numbers were spiking?
in AZ, yes....and you already said it. Why do i keep having to remind you, 3rd time now

What blooms are we seeing?
it's in the op
We might be leveling off but we are still trending downward.
make up your mind.

that is pcr, that is less than a week, there is always a delay, i'm looking at serology.

you are fudging numbers for Guv Douche.statewide.

read above, ie the Guv.

you already admitted it was due to news of infections/deaths, that predates Douche "allowing" cities/counties to make that call.

here is the Douche violating his own orders:

RS6QD1y.jpg

in AZ, yes....and you already said it. Why do i keep having to remind you, 3rd time now

it's in the opmake up your mind.

Why are you looking at serology tests? Who cares if somebody has had it? They are no longer infectious. PCR tests for those who are currently infected and infectious.

I have three lab employees back from a total of 19 who got this crap. It went through our section like **** through a goose, and we didn't seem to have any secondary infections at work.

Young people will do dumb things, like go to parties during a pandemic.

Why are you looking at serology tests? Who cares if somebody has had it? They are no longer infectious. PCR tests for those who are currently infected and infectious.

PCR in Maricopa County exceeds 11%

You linked an article from August 13th. This is why we are in the mess we are in. People are giving out and receiving bad information.
And you have yet to understand that DHS is at least a week behind in data collection.

Further, your demand was for "Phoenix", whereas i gave you the whole of Maricopa County. Anyone who understands an airborne virus knows that infection rates will be higher in a city as compared to the entire county.

Last edited:
And you have yet to understand that DHS is at least a week behind in data collection.

Not true! Hospital and lab data are pretty much up to date. Deaths reported go back as far as June.

Back
Top Bottom