• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

• Total voters
What about the mother's life? It doesnt count in your 'dictionary?'
The mothers life? In what context? Medical emergency or for the sake of her “future?”

Just curious if you know how many rape victims get pregnant and need abortions. What percentage of abortions are rape, incest, or medical emergency? I think the vast majority of abortions are gotten for convenience sake.
You think...

No. Try to think more and be clever less.

The debate and term is about abortion... not the death penalty/

Pro-life in abortion means to be Pro-Life... that means no exceptions. That is simply a fact.
Being Pro-Forced Birth & Pro State Sponsored Homicide give the Lie to Pro-Life & is more common than one would expect.

Being Pro-Forced Birth & Pro State Sponsored Homicide give the Lie to Pro-Life & is more common than one would expect.

Are the states that have restrictions after viability "forced birth" states?

No, unborn children have no volition or due process in their death sentence. The murderer is just the opposite.

Remember... Pro-Life means no exceptions. If you have any exceptions at all, you are Pro-Choice.
I don't that's how it works at all. Plenty of pro-lifers understand that losing two lives is worse than losing one-- they wouldn't allow mothers any "choice" except to live with an already-dead child or to die with one. Allowing the "rape exception" may be less monstrous than not allowing it, it may (usually) demonstrate the lawmaker's concern isn't with living children at all, but it's hardly pro-choice.

If you are pro-life and thus believe that life begins at conception, why would you have exceptions for incest and rape? If abortion is murder, then abortion is murder in cases of incest and rape as well.

If you are pro-life and thus believe that life begins at conception, why would you have exceptions for incest and rape? If abortion is murder, then abortion is murder in cases of incest and rape as well.
Good point. Now live by it.

Good point. Now live by it.
No, the reality is that nobody really sees the unborn fetus as the same as a human. The classic question is a fertility clinic being on fire, there's an entire cabinet full of fetuses and one actual baby, which do you save? Nobody picks the petri dishes. Get right wingers talking about abortion for long enough, every last one of them starts talking about responsibility and consequences. It has always been about making sure women are punished for having sex.

Indeed, why create another victim by killing the unborn child.

No, the reality is that nobody really sees the unborn fetus as the same as a human. The classic question is a fertility clinic being on fire, there's an entire cabinet full of fetuses and one actual baby, which do you save? Nobody picks the petri dishes. Get right wingers talking about abortion for long enough, every last one of them starts talking about responsibility and consequences. It has always been about making sure women are punished for having sex.
Your take is typically dramatic and pure exaggeration. Punish women for having sex? That’s really dumb, even for you. It’s just plain wrong to have an abortion for convenience sake. And irresponsible

Your take is typically dramatic and pure exaggeration. Punish women for having sex? That’s really dumb, even for you. It’s just plain wrong to have an abortion for convenience sake. And irresponsible
When is it acceptable to have an abortion, in your opinion?

When is it acceptable to have an abortion, in your opinion?
I think acceptable is an unacceptable word to use. I don’t think abortion is acceptable but in some cases necessary. That should be determined by the states.

I see you couldnt answer his argument directly. Why is that? Will you do so?

I see you couldnt answer his argument directly. Why is that? Will you do so?
I thought I had you on ignore. I answered his question.

I thought I had you on ignore. I answered his question.

You didnt...and what are you afraid of? More questions you cannot answer directly...with any integrity?

Simple question

...and why?

Remember... Pro-Life means no exceptions. If you have any exceptions at all, you are Pro-Choice.
If Pro-Life means no exceptions, Pro-choice means kill them all, since that is the choice the women are herded into. Sorry, your poll is nonsense.

I think acceptable is an unacceptable word to use. I don’t think abortion is acceptable but in some cases necessary. That should be determined by the states.
When is an abortion necessary?

If Pro-Life means no exceptions, Pro-choice means kill them all, since that is the choice the women are herded into. Sorry, your poll is nonsense.
Pro-choice means choosing, my dude, not mandatory abortions. English! Learn it!

I don't know what these new terms mean...

If a person is Pro-Life that means that they do not allow any exceptions and that a pregnant woman must be forced to give birth against her will, if need be, no matter what. Address what I am actually saying... thanks. :)

I don't that's how it works at all. Plenty of pro-lifers understand that losing two lives is worse than losing one-- they wouldn't allow mothers any "choice" except to live with an already-dead child or to die with one. Allowing the "rape exception" may be less monstrous than not allowing it, it may (usually) demonstrate the lawmaker's concern isn't with living children at all, but it's hardly pro-choice.
If a person allows the mother to abort for any reason then that person is Pro-Choice.

No, the reality is that nobody really sees the unborn fetus as the same as a human.
No. They don't see it the same as a person.
The classic question is a fertility clinic being on fire, there's an entire cabinet full of fetuses and one actual baby, which do you save? Nobody picks the petri dishes. Get right wingers talking about abortion for long enough, every last one of them starts talking about responsibility and consequences. It has always been about making sure women are punished for having sex.

Back
Top Bottom