• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you planning on watching convention coverage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

Either one.

I usually do not, but the Rep convention intrigues me in kind of a potential train wreck kind of way. I just might watch.

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Neither.

I gave that up a loooong time ago. Just a lot of speechifying, back-slapping, and pundit commentary.

I can wait for the news to let me know if anything surprising happened.

Perotista

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Either one.

I usually do not, but the Rep convention intrigues me in kind of a potential train wreck kind of way. I just might watch.

I'm not a Republican or a Democrat. I already know the ending, Trump get nominated in the GOP and Hillary gets the nomination in the Democratic. Besides, I utterly detest both Trump and Clinton. I won't vote for either, but will vote for Johnson as a protest for the two major parties nominating these two_________fill in the black with any four or more letter words or word that are derogatory of your choosing. Personally, I think both major parties are insane by nominating candidate only their supporters like and no one else.

Cephus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Nope. I don't support either candidate, I'm only voting against one side and not for the other. I don't care what either of them have to say.

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Either one.

Flip flip flip flip . . .

Yes.

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Oh, sure.

Train wrecks and multi car pileups are fascinating to watch. I think I'll learn to play the fiddle, you know, like Nero.

Glen Contrarian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, he
Political Leaning
Progressive

Either one.

Neither - I've got more important and more entertaining things to do, like cleaning out the gutters....

ajn678

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I really do fear that there will be violence at the Republican convention caused by outside actors.

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I used to watch at least 10 hours of both but that was a long time ago, back in the 90's was my last time. I will watch more than I have since then I bet, but I live in the moment so dont hold me to that.

digsbe

Truth will set you free
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I'll watch and read about bits and pieces of both.

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Either one.

I do not have a television yet if I did I would probably watch a little of each convention.

jet57

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Neither.

I gave that up a loooong time ago. Just a lot of speechifying, back-slapping, and pundit commentary.

I can wait for the news to let me know if anything surprising happened.

Yeah, but don't you wanna be there when Trump gets egged?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Either one.

I will watch both I usually do, I like to see what underlings will be there so I know who to look out for in the future. I don't really care much for the he/she/I am great speeches done by the big boys in the parties. Christie last time was pretty funny to see. I was like WTF? Aren't you supposed to be talking about Romney? Maybe he forgot he wasn't in NJ.

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm going to keep watching Showgirls while both conventions will be broadcasted.

year2late

IIJAFM
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Step right up, hurry hurry.....

Helix

Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
i'll watch part of each.

earthworm

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I'll watch a little of each ... probably ''surf'' away and not return due to excessive advertising .. Only WWE is worse ...

Cephus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I really do fear that there will be violence at the Republican convention caused by outside actors.

And if there is, it'll show up on YouTube. I don't have to waste my time watching in case something happens, I can just catch the highlight reel later.

JasperL

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Neither - I've got more important and more entertaining things to do, like cleaning out the gutters....

I'm painting the kitchen this week (seriously) but haven't watched convention coverage for many years.

disneydude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The GOP convention has all the makings of a real life SNL skit. Who would miss some of the best comedy on TV to come around for a long time! I can't wait.

Quazimodo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Does anybody know if a large, well organized group of Skinheads has applied for a permit to protest at the DemCon?

coldjoint

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Not so much the convention itself, but rather the insanity outside the convention area.

And that insanity will help Trump, not Clinton. I doubt the media will be able to blame any violence on Trump. And it will not be Trump supporters that commit the more than likely destruction of property and probably looting and the other perks that go with agitated violence.

Top Bottom