• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are you Christophobic?

Are you Christophobic?

• Sort of.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely, they're trying to take over the government.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Pretty much - they should be removed from the public square.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No.

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
What the **** is "Christophobic"?
Afraid of people named Christopher?

I just had mental pictures of a giant Jesus, roaring and smashing its way through NYC, Godzilla-style. :shock:

Nope. Got no beef with the man and no fear of facing him-- except for my preference to stay out of the affairs of gods. I would consider it a great honor.

I am not a fan of those who would sully his worship with politics, however, nor those who would sully our politics with their worship.

vergiss said:
I just had mental pictures of a giant Jesus, roaring and smashing its way through NYC, Godzilla-style. :shock:

Okee dokee - that'll be a "yes" for you...........

Korimyr the Rat said:
Nope. Got no beef with the man and no fear of facing him-- except for my preference to stay out of the affairs of gods. I would consider it a great honor.

I am not a fan of those who would sully his worship with politics, however, nor those who would sully our politics with their worship.

I couldn't agree more. I just hope that these types of people get to meet their god as soon as possible.

Last edited:
alphamale said:
Okee dokee - that'll be a "yes" for you...........

:neutral:

Feeling a tad hypersensitive?

Christophobic? Lol, ahh, what will the religious fundies come up with next? They're so paranoid about losing their influence and identity that they make up a phobia? Is this what religious fundies are thinking when there're law suits against religoius artifact being placed in public grounds?
So what' next, are you Azreilophobic?

everyone knows those pesky christians are conspiring against the rest of us to take over the government...:doh

From all I have read....the Christ guy seems pretty cool, and instills in me no fear. There are a couple Christians though....who scare the livin' Sh!t outa me.

tecoyah said:
From all I have read....the Christ guy seems pretty cool, and instills in me no fear. There are a couple Christians though....who scare the livin' Sh!t outa me.

Exactly.

So is the question are we afraid of Christ or Christians? Because I am most definitely afraid of some Christians. Christ, eh, not so much.

mixedmedia said:
Exactly.

So is the question are we afraid of Christ or Christians? Because I am most definitely afraid of some Christians. Christ, eh, not so much.

Yeah, the poll doesn't address the actual problem some people, including me, have with some people who say they worship Jesus. His story is nothing but good. But some people who say they are his followers don't really try to be like him. The need for control of others is the problem I have with some Christians, but not with Jesus, because I don't think he operated that way.

tryreading said:
Yeah, the poll doesn't address the actual problem some people, including me, have with some people who say they worship Jesus. His story is nothing but good. But some people who say they are his followers don't really try to be like him. The need for control of others is the problem I have with some Christians, but not with Jesus, because I don't think he operated that way.

Right. The need for control, to make people conform, rather than leading by a loving and compassionate example. And even then, not passing judgement against those who chose a different path. Judgement, as far as I know, was reserved for one. Jesus seemed to understand this. That said, I am not a Christian but I am all for Christism. ;)

It all depends:

Are you talking about true Christians that try to exemplify the teachings of Christ in their everyday life

Or

Are you talking about the radical fundamentalist "Christians" who are "Christian" in name only. The pious hypocrites that are so far removed from what "Christ" taught that their name is just a misnomer.

Remember: God loves spiritual fruits not religious nuts.

Christophobic?

At least it's vegetable oil...isn't that alot better then using animal fat or lard? LOL

disneydude said:
It all depends:

Are you talking about true Christians that try to exemplify the teachings of Christ in their everyday life

Or

Are you talking about the radical fundamentalist "Christians" who are "Christian" in name only. The pious hypocrites that are so far removed from what "Christ" taught that their name is just a misnomer.

Remember: God loves spiritual fruits not religious nuts.

I don't think it makes any difference to those who are phobic (i.e. prejudiced, bigoted, etc.) about Christianity and/or any other religious and/or religion in general. The internet is well represented with these types and they are sufficiently paranoid to qualify as phobic.

Everybody who has been long in this world knows or knows of at least one person who is totally and completely a religious nut. Recognizing that would not make a person phobic but simply observant.

For that matter I would imagine just about everybody knows or knows of at least one in-your-face gay flamer that is completely obnoxious or who is pushing a militant agenda socially unacceptable to the mainstream. Acknowledging that does not make a person homophobic but rather realistic.

Everybody probably knows at least one angry, man-hating 'feminazi' type who gives normal feminists a bad name. Recognizing that make a person intelligent, not sexist.

I would imagine just about everybody knows a person of a different race who wears his/her race on his/her sleeve and plays the race card to ridiculous levels. Being able to see that does not make a person racist.

A phobia requires that there be an unnatural or irrational or unfounded fear or hatred of something. The word should not be tossed out routinely as real phobias are relatively rare and to do so trivializes the real thing.

Here are Christians of bowels who would presume to pass judgment on the morals of the age.

Christianity is just fine by me. Can't see anybody finding too much fault with that which is written in the red letters, in any case.

I just wish more Christians would read them.

AlbqOwl said:
I don't think it makes any difference to those who are phobic (i.e. prejudiced, bigoted, etc.) about Christianity and/or any other religious and/or religion in general. The internet is well represented with these types and they are sufficiently paranoid to qualify as phobic.

Everybody who has been long in this world knows or knows of at least one person who is totally and completely a religious nut. Recognizing that would not make a person phobic but simply observant.

For that matter I would imagine just about everybody knows or knows of at least one in-your-face gay flamer that is completely obnoxious or who is pushing a militant agenda socially unacceptable to the mainstream. Acknowledging that does not make a person homophobic but rather realistic.

Everybody probably knows at least one angry, man-hating 'feminazi' type who gives normal feminists a bad name. Recognizing that make a person intelligent, not sexist.

I would imagine just about everybody knows a person of a different race who wears his/her race on his/her sleeve and plays the race card to ridiculous levels. Being able to see that does not make a person racist.

A phobia requires that there be an unnatural or irrational or unfounded fear or hatred of something. The word should not be tossed out routinely as real phobias are relatively rare and to do so trivializes the real thing.

Very well put, I agree completely with your statements.

However, as I have not been in this world all that long, I have yet to meet anyone like you have described.

I probably won't like them much when (or if) I do.

They are probably "everyone doesn’t agree with me so I must make them" phobic. :mrgreen:

Garsh, I just knew the Christophobia would spew forth on this one, and from exactly the ones who scream like stuck pigs when anyone transgresses their PC doctrines regarding gays, blacks, and women! :mrgreen:

alphamale said:
Garsh, I just knew the Christophobia would spew forth on this one, and from exactly the ones who scream like stuck pigs when anyone transgresses their PC doctrines regarding gays, blacks, and women! :mrgreen:

***You got it all backwards. (PC) Political Correctness is a liberal ideology. Jesus Christ's initials also stand for 'Justifiably Correct'. The PC doctrines include gay issues, black/minority issues, and women/abortion issues. It's these liberal issues that have been and are transgressing the cultural norms and standards of our country. If you judge our cultural norms by standards set by our founding fathers (as you should) then the normal marriage would be between a man and a woman. Therefore, this unseemly act of, and an abomination of our marriage custom by allowing two queers to tie the knot...is this transgression in which you speak. Don't link us normal Christians in with you abnormal paganites.

alphamale said:
Are you Christophobic?

vs a christoholic??

of the two, I'd take phobia over holic each and every time lol

alphamale said:

Oh yes, this thread is just dripping with Christophobia. :roll:

alphamale said:

Are you familiar with the term "paranoid psychosis"?

alphamale said:

Did Christ have a problem with gays, blacks, and women? Not that I'm aware of. If anyone is Christophobic on this thread, it's you.

Back
Top Bottom