• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Trump's purported remarks about the troops disqualifying?

Are Trump's purported remarks about the troops disqualifying?

• Yes

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Depends

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
his entire life disqualifies him from being anywhere near CiC.

I think about 90% of us agree his actions in office is reason for his removal.

As to his private life?

Some of the nicest men have been the ****tiest presidents.

Carter
Grant

I'll take a scoundrel if he performs the job well.

FDR
Bill Clinton

Then there is Warren G. Harding - "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here."

Why is it these alleged and unsubstantiated comments are being publicized now when they were supposedly spoken three years ago? Is there something special about this period in 2020?
Were they not important three years ago?

Griffin mostly reports using Pentagon sources.

It would appear as though, key military official(s) at the Pentagon don't want Trump to win the next election.

And if it's true? There is no way Trump wins.

It really doesn't get much lower than this.

Do you believe Griffin is lying about what Trump said about members of the U.S. military?

Possibly
Do you believe Griffin's sources are lying about what Trump said about members of the U.S. military?
any such source is definitely lying since there is documentary evidence for the cemetery cancelation, plus Bolton saying the reason, plus 5 witnesses who actually are named.
If proven to be true...like say Trump was caught on tape saying it or something...would you still vote for Trump knowing he thought members of the U.S. military were suckers and losers?
It’s not true, if there was tape these alleged sources would come forward with it.

his entire life disqualifies him from being anywhere near CiC.

And there he is, the most powerful politician in the entire world and head of the most powerful military force ever built and you are discrediting him because of comments he allegedly said three years ago.
Your criticism carries a lot of weight in this picture.

So Fox News is fake news now?

any such source is definitely lying since there is documentary evidence for the cemetery cancelation, plus Bolton saying the reason, plus 5 witnesses who actually are named.

That's just one aspect of the story. What about the other aspects? Do you think the source is lying about those?

It’s not true, if there was tape these alleged sources would come forward with it.

Would you vote for Trump if you knew he thought and spoke about people who served in the U.S. military as being suckers and losers?

That’s not at issue
Would you vote for Trump if you knew he thought and spoke about people who served in the U.S. military as being suckers and losers?

Would you vote for Biden if he was on camera being a creeper with kids?

Well we know whatever source was used for the story lied about the helicopter or doesn’t have enough access to the president or information to know what he said or know that the weather was documented in official sources. So maybe your source just doesn’t know anything. That’s a possibility. Either way not credible

The big news today is that Trump has apparently said things in private that are remarkably similar to things he's already said in public.

Instead of getting into whether it's plausible whether or not he really said what the Atlantic reported, I'm curious whether folks believe that if he did say it that it would be disqualifying for a would-be commander-in-chief.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

If President Trump won the power ball lottery while being stuck by lightning and abducted by space aliens, would that disqualify him?

That senerio would be more likely than this crap.

Just the first lie of many October surprises.

He is the most pro-vet president in 50 years.

What simular remarks? If you are referring to McCain, they were having a personal beef. What started it was, committees McCain was incharge of were part of why Vets were dying while on waiting lists. Trump was disgusted by their mistreatment and criticized McCain.

YOu are not keeping up, at least 5 people including John Bolton, no fan of trump, said those comments were never made.

I believe John Bolton said the comments were not made in his presence. He said he has no trouble believing they were made.

Fox News has it share of Trump haters.

Knowing and alleging are two different things. It would and should make a difference IF he said it. But I don’t make decisions based on gossip. Do you?

The big news today is that Trump has apparently said things in private that are remarkably similar to things he's already said in public.

Instead of getting into whether it's plausible whether or not he really said what the Atlantic reported, I'm curious whether folks believe that if he did say it that it would be disqualifying for a would-be commander-in-chief.

Sorry....but this whole story has already been debunked.....non story

I believe John Bolton said the comments were not made in his presence. He said he has no trouble believing they were made.
He’s got plenty of company. I doubt it will move many of the independents away from voting for him. Most will see this for what it is - dirty politics.

So if he said other remarks you didn't like, then these remarks about dead soldiers must be true because something he might have said in the past was true. Right?

He hasn't just said things I don't like. He has publicly said things which are similar to what he is alleged to have said in private. That's what makes it so easy to believe he said the private things. We have already heard very similar things from him.

And his supporters have already shrugged their shoulders.

But he thanks you for playing along and pretending that there's some good reason to believe that he didn't say in private things which were very similar to what he has said in public. Eventually there will be more concrete evidence and he'll need you to move to the "sure he said it, but so what" stage. And I'm sure you'll be johnny on the spot then too.

Fox News has it share of Trump haters.

Knowing and alleging are two different things. It would and should make a difference IF he said it. But I don’t make decisions based on gossip. Do you?

Is Griffin a Trump hater?

Are the key details of a story confirmed by multiple outlets, including Fox News, the same thing as gossip?

He’s got plenty of company. I doubt it will move many of the independents away from voting for him. Most will see this for what it is - dirty politics.

I don't think it's dirty politics to air the CIC's opinions about fallen soldiers. I doubt The Atlantic would publish such a story without strong substantiation. It's reputation is that it is Highly Factual. The AP has substantiated the reporting. You also have to deal with the fact that this statement of Trump's is not exactly shocking in light of public comments he has made.

I don't think it's dirty politics to air the CIC's opinions about fallen soldiers. I doubt The Atlantic would publish such a story without strong substantiation. It's reputation is that it is Highly Factual. The AP has substantiated the reporting. You also have to deal with the fact that this statement of Trump's is not exactly shocking in light of public comments he has made.
It’s awful convenient for it to come out now. It has the smell of a setup. If you believe Nancy Pelosi was set up I don’t see it as unimaginable for this to be a setup also. How many people debunking the story do you require before thinking that maybe he didn’t say it?

Of course it is disqualifying

He is the Comander in Chief of the U.S. military

It’s awful convenient for it to come out now. It has the smell of a setup. If you believe Nancy Pelosi was set up I don’t see it as unimaginable for this to be a setup also. How many people debunking the story do you require before thinking that maybe he didn’t say it?

It doesn't matter how many people "debunk" the story by claiming they didn't hear. It matters how many people actually heard it.

I'll give him this....I think he was musing aloud his own opinions and inability to understand courage. Not a good look for CIC.

Historically I think this is the time that everything comes out.

It doesn't matter how many people "debunk" the story by claiming they didn't hear. It matters how many people actually heard it.

I'll give him this....I think he was musing aloud his own opinions and inability to understand courage. Not a good look for CIC.

Historically I think this is the time that everything comes out.
Well if those who heard him say it wish to reveal themselves I’ll listen. It’s kind of difficult to ignore a Trump hater who states he was present and didn’t hear him say it.

Well if those who heard him say it wish to reveal themselves I’ll listen. It’s kind of difficult to ignore a Trump hater who states he was present and didn’t hear him say it.

If you are speaking of Bolton, he claims he didn't hear it but finds it very easy to believe based on other things he heard. The AP has verified the accounts of two of the sources for the article in The Atlantic.

If you are speaking of Bolton, he claims he didn't hear it but finds it very easy to believe based on other things he heard. The AP has verified the accounts of two of the sources for the article in The Atlantic.
Believing something doesn’t make it true. Just ask any atheist.

Trump cares about trump. How many times does he need to prove it to his base for them to notice?

Since this story is not true, this is irrelevant.

However, Biden told a crowd today that a black man invented the lightbulb.

That should be disqualifying.

Back
Top Bottom