• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Republicans really planning on brushing the 1/6 insurrection under the rug once they take power in November?

Why not subpoena every Congress person all 535, oh and Hunter Biden, gotta stay consistent.
shrug...

Who knows? Maybe that's what the Republicans in control of the House next year will do. And, maybe they'll subpoena people OUTSIDE the government like the Democratic dog and pony show is doing now.

Sure it's not....they are after political opponents, to be used as propaganda prior to the Nov. elections....we all know this. Wow!!!
Propaganda, LOL. If only it wasn't for the text messages. You're probably not hearing about them on Fox News.

Sure it's not....they are after political opponents, to be used as propaganda prior to the Nov. elections....we all know this. Wow!!!

I am sure there is some of that going on but The DOJ has a different focus. You may be OK with what Trump and his inner circle were planning after the election but most see it for what it was. It may or may not be criminal but it certainly was contrary to the Constitution and democratic
principles. We'll see what comes out of the committee but more importantly what comes out of the DOJ.

Propaganda, LOL. If only it wasn't for the text messages. You're probably not hearing about them on Fox News.
I check Fox news every morning and from what I see there is very little coverage of the texts. Some, but not much. Maybe Tucker is giving them prime time attention. Apparently they arent nearly as important as Hunter. Fox masterly combines misinformation and no information to create their news bubble and the intellectually lazy are content with what they are fed.

shrug...

Who knows? Maybe that's what the Republicans in control of the House next year will do. And, maybe they'll subpoena people OUTSIDE the government like the Democratic dog and pony show is doing now.

You can’t pretend Jan 6 was not a insane Trump cult attempted coup.

I check Fox news every morning and from what I see there is very little coverage of the texts. Some, but not much. Maybe Tucker is giving them prime time attention. Apparently they arent nearly as important as Hunter. Fox masterly combines misinformation and no information to create their news bubble and the intellectually lazy are content with what they are fed.
And if Tucker is showing them, they certainly don't mean what they say. It's democrat propagaaaaannnndaaa!!!!!!!

The 1/6 insurrection jumped the shark for Dems a while ago.People have short attention spans. It just looks like they are trying dig up something that isn’t there.

You can’t pretend Jan 6 was not a insane Trump cult attempted coup.
I don't have to pretend. I can look at the reality and KNOW it was not "a insane Trump cult attempted coup".

I don't have to pretend. I can look at the reality and KNOW it was not "a insane Trump cult attempted coup".

Next you have to delete each every pic, video and everything else showing the cult attacking the Capitol.

Your article is a little out of date. For instance it said no one has been charged with serious crimes such as sedition. We now know that at least 10 have been charged with sedition. Can you find a more up to date source? Or is it that you prefer not to?

As I said. That was last August. Much has been learned since then. And to me, it really doesn't matter what you call it. As long as those responsible for it are held accountable, I'm good. I base the insurrection description on every definition I can find on 'Insurrection'.

And just for the record, Trump's campaign in 2016 had over 100 communications with Russians, many in person. So again, you call it collusion, I call it un-patriotic cheating. Call it what you want. Mueller didn't indict almost 2 dozen Russians for doing nothing.

It is not the job of the committee to provide prosecutors with enough evidence to prosecute. That is the job of the DOJ and we can rest assured they have a lot more info than the committee plus they can impanel a Grand Jury......let Meadows try and say no to that! The job of the Committee is to inform the public and recommend legislative steps and reforms that can be taken to ensure this never happens again.

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

For democrats it's 'four more years'.

Your article is a little out of date. For instance it said no one has been charged with serious crimes such as sedition. We now know that at least 10 have been charged with sedition. Can you find a more up to date source? Or is it that you prefer not to?

Yet, the article clearly showed that the FBI found NO evidence of a coordinated insurrection to overthrow the government, which of course you ignore.

Certainly seems like it based on all they have said so far.

But remember: two can play that game. If you do, you are going to have so many “stop the steal” movements all over the country on your hands, from the local to the federal level, you won’t know which end is up.

We will play “be like Trump”, because obviously it’s a model which is proving to work very well. We will call any election we don’t like “rigged” and call to “stop the steal”. The crowd turnouts will be the largest in history, believe me! We will threaten to hang public officials and disrupt government functioning.

We may or may not be armed with firearms and heavy weaponry. You won’t really know. But it’s none of your business, because after all the whole purpose of firearms by the Second Amendment is to take down governments any time we don’t like it, right? So we will just be practicing our Second Amendment rights, and it’s none of your business if we are heavily armed or not.

We will then pretend it was just a peaceful protest or just a friendly tour of the state and federal government buildings. And if 1/6 can be overlooked, so too can these protests. The legal precedent will have been set. It will all just get brushed under the rug, and this will be the routine new way government functions (or not) here in the United States. Don’t go crying to the courts at that point. But hey, you never liked Government anyway and thought we would all be better off without it, so it shouldn’t be a problem, right?

You ready to play that game? Hey it’ll be fun!

I doubt progressives have it in them to do it but if we do, it'll play into Republicans' hands. They want people to lose faith in elections and they want more 'emergencies' so that they can enact 'emergency' legislation. The road to fascism.

As I said. That was last August. Much has been learned since then. And to me, it really doesn't matter what you call it. As long as those responsible for it are held accountable, I'm good. I base the insurrection description on every definition I can find on 'Insurrection'.

And just for the record, Trump's campaign in 2016 had over 100 communications with Russians, many in person. So again, you call it collusion, I call it un-patriotic cheating. Call it what you want. Mueller didn't indict almost 2 dozen Russians for doing nothing.

Yeah we know the Russians meddled in our election of 2016 for the Hillary campaign and DNC colluded with them, as we now know. "Russia, Russia, Russia....now it's.....Jan. 6, Jan. 6, Jan. 6", too damn funny. You are simply doing everything possible to dehumanize over half the country, and for what?....for political reasons?....jeesh, what a bunch of hosers.

Yet, the article clearly showed that the FBI found NO evidence of a coordinated insurrection to overthrow the government, which of course you ignore.
And yet you ignore the 10 or so charged with insurrection. And yes, some of their actions were coordinated, such as the stockpile of guns at a nearby hotel, ready for easy access if needed.

And yet you ignore the 10 or so charged with insurrection. And yes, some of their actions were coordinated, such as the stockpile of guns at a nearby hotel, ready for easy access if needed.

Charged is not convicted.....FBI already investigated and proved there was no coordinated effort to overthrow the government......but, but, but....the Jan. 6th political nutjob Committee.....they have more....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Charged is not convicted.....FBI already investigated and proved there was no coordinated effort to overthrow the government......but, but, but....the Jan. 6th political nutjob Committee.....they have more....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I believe 1 has pled guilty and agreed to testify against the others, so no convictions YET.

I believe 1 has pled guilty and agreed to testify against the others, so no convictions YET.

Damn, ain't that a shame.....even after keeping many of them in solitary confinement, they are having a hard time breaking them.....damn, those stubborn insurrectionists......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Damn, ain't that a shame.....even after keeping many of them in solitary confinement, they are having a hard time breaking them.....damn, those stubborn insurrectionists......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just like any other common criminal, no better, no worse.

Just like any other common criminal, no better, no worse.

Except one minor detail.....that's not supposed to happen to people charged with a crime in this country.....don't ya know?

Except one minor detail.....that's not supposed to happen to people charged with a crime in this country.....don't ya know?
I really don't know, I have managed to live 69 years and have never seen the inside of a jail. Those 1/6 guys should have tried that approach.

I really don't know, I have managed to live 69 years and have never seen the inside of a jail. Those 1/6 guys should have tried that approach.

Yeah, same way about all those lowlife rioters, looters, murderers, and arsonists during the Summer of Love, supported by the Democrat Party.

Yeah, same way about all those lowlife rioters, looters, murderers, and arsonists during the Summer of Love, supported by the Democrat Party.
Sorry, your posts indicate to me that you lack the knowledge and maturity to discuss politics without lying and spewing all the rightwing talking points.
Have a great evening.

Back
Top Bottom