• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Putin followers in the USA okay with his "type" of war in Ukraine?

It got rejected by Trump actually.

And by the Biden admin. As I said before, the Democrats are just as guilty.

“ But since his election in 2020, Biden has take a different tack. In a statement, the administration decried efforts to block the sale, arguing such action would “undermine the President’s commitment to aid in our partner’s defenses at a time of increased missile and drone attacks against civilians in Saudi Arabia.”

Indeed..... the Saudi- UAE war effort has arguably been MUCH more brutal. More than eighty THOUSAND kids have died as a result of the famine caused by their blockade(which the US Navy has helped enforce).
1. Your asserted “More than eighty THOUSAND kids have died as a result of the famine caused by their blockade” appears to be grossly exaggerated. I haven’t found any reliable source reporting even 1/4 the number you purport.

2. The U.S. Navy isn’t participating in SA’s embargo. Our Navy is interdicting weapons shipments, not food, medical supplies, and other humanitarian shipments.

It got rejected by Trump actually. Why continue to derail?

Did you even read the link? It’s an article from December 2021, in which the BIDEN administration condemned the effort. There’s been more than one attempt to stop our support of the Saudi war effort.....and they’ve been shot down every time.

It’s not “derailing” to point out the extensive support “this kind of war” has from Americans when it’s an ally carrying it out.

1. Your asserted “More than eighty THOUSAND kids have died as a result of the famine caused by their blockade” appears to be grossly exaggerated. I haven’t found any reliable source reporting even 1/4 the number you purport.

2. The U.S. Navy isn’t participating in SA’s embargo. Our Navy is interdicting weapons shipments, not food, medical supplies, and other humanitarian shipments.

Um...looks like you didn’t look too hard then.

Furthermore, given the UN report on the number of kids suffering from acute malnutrition

“A total of 2.3 million youngsters, nearly half of all children in Yemen, are projected to endure acute malnutrition this year, representing a 22% increase compared to 2020.”

Your ignorance is REALLY showing.

Allowing a blockade to go on without challenging it— which is directly causing untold numbers of deaths—- and engaging in interception operations IS participating in it.

Oh, and BTW, Saudi Arabia is directly targeting the means of food distribution and production— even bombing fishing boats— and has been for years.

Cool. Why does the location matter? Is the wrongness or rightness of a type of war locationally dependent?

Location matters because the OP is about a specific location.

Ukraine.

If you want a thread about Yemen feel free to team up with Tigerace since he apparently can't seem to start a Yemen thread on his own.

Did you even read the link? It’s an article from December 2021, in which the BIDEN administration condemned the effort. There’s been more than one attempt to stop our support of the Saudi war effort.....and they’ve been shot down every time.

It’s not “derailing” to point out the extensive support “this kind of war” has from Americans when it’s an ally carrying it out.
I gotcha. This kind of war makes it relevant.

Which is the problem. They are used by the saudis to engage in slaughter.

I gotcha. This kind of war makes it relevant.

I mean, the OP is clearly referencing the brutality of Russia’s attacks. I’m just pointing out the fact that we’re perfectly fine with similar brutality coming from allies, so clearly we are okay with “this kind of war”.

Location matters because the OP is about a specific location.

Ukraine.

If you want a thread about Yemen feel free to team up with Tigerace since he apparently can't seem to start a Yemen thread on his own.

Cool, and I’m asking “why does the location matter?”.

Is there a ban against asking that question? Why does it make you so uncomfortable?

I mean, the OP is clearly referencing the brutality of Russia’s attacks. I’m just pointing out the fact that we’re perfectly fine with similar brutality coming from allies, so clearly we are okay with “this kind of war”.
Makes sense.

Providing weaponry, maintenance support, and intelligence support, plus assisting in a blockade, absolutely is aid.
The sale of goods between countries is not aid. It is commerce.

The U.S. Navy isn’t assisting in blockading food and/or other humanitarian supplies.

In case you aren’t aware, the United States maintains a significant military/intelligence presence in the ME, essential to our country’s interests.

The world isn’t black and white. Often, we must make alliances with those we disagree with out of necessity.

Question:

It seems that the Russian army is better at killing civilians than in fighting the Ukrainian military. They are basically bombing the Ukrainian cities into rubble and the mass graves show how many civilians they have killed. In fact, Putin's war is more against the civilians of Ukraine and are you okay with this kind of war. Those of yu who back Putin, are you okay with this type of war?

Answer:

......the US is still providing vast amounts of aid to Saudi Arabia and the UAE, which have been doing the same thing on a far larger scale for the past seven years, so clearly Americans ARE okay with “that kind of war”.

It seems that the Russian army is better at killing civilians than in fighting the Ukrainian military.

All armies are better at killing civilians than killing opposing armies. As a matter of fact it is the terrible Logic of War: civilians bear the brunt. Have you examined the butcher's bill from the Iraqi war? The Iran Iraq war? The Afghan wars by US and USSR?

They are basically bombing the Ukrainian cities into rubble and the mass graves show how many civilians they have killed. In fact, Putin's war is more against the civilians of Ukraine and are you okay with this kind of war. Those of yu who back Putin, are you okay with this type of war?

From the military perspective the question boils down to one of legitimate military targets. Defenders also have a choice in the matter. If they place their canon among civilians then they expose those civilians to assault.

A case in point is the Azovstahl steelworks in Mariupol. The Naxist Azov Battalion claims it is a shelter for hundreds of civilians. Yet the Azov Naxists turned it into a fortress, making it a legitimate military target. They are culpable in that instance for what happens to the civilians there

Cool, and I’m asking “why does the location matter?”.

Location matters in this thread because this thread is about a specific location.

Is there a ban against asking that question?

Did anyone say there was a ban to asking the question?

No.

However if the intent is to derail the thread then it is against the rules. And that is Tigerace117's modus operandi.

Why does it make you so uncomfortable?

It doesn't. It simply isn't what the thread is about.

Not quite the same thing.

Why not? It's ok for Yemeni peasants to be bombed to rubble but not white Christian blue eyed Ukrainians:)?

Weapons deals are aiding and abetting just like the jewelry industry was responsible for aiding and abetting the blood diamond trade at the very least.
Geopolitical needs vs virtuous wants.

Not saying I like it one bit, but I understand the reasoning.

Guess so. That appears to be the reasoning mixed in with defense contractors profits.

The sale of goods between countries is not aid. It is commerce.

The U.S. Navy isn’t assisting in blockading food and/or other humanitarian supplies.

In case you aren’t aware, the United States maintains a significant military/intelligence presence in the ME, essential to our country’s interests.

The world isn’t black and white. Often, we must make alliances with those we disagree with out of necessity.

Providing fighter jets, munitions, intelligence support, and maintenance assistance IS directly related to the coalition “war effort”, and it’s foolish to pretend it’s not.

It is enabling the blockade to continue by not challenging it and actively involved in interception operations.

In case you aren’t aware, the Saudis’ war effort in Yemen is slaughtering vast numbers of innocent civilians, and supporting it doesn’t help our “interests” one bit.

We can’t pretend to take any kind of stance on the morality another country’s actions while being actively complicit in an even worse atrocity without coming across as blatantly hypocritical.

Location matters in this thread because this thread is about a specific location.

Did anyone say there was a ban to asking the question?

No.

However if the intent is to derail the thread then it is against the rules. And that is Tigerace117's modus operandi.

It doesn't. It simply isn't what the thread is about.

And I’m asking why is the thread about Ukraine in specific. Would this kind of war be acceptable if it was happening somewhere besides Ukraine?

If yes, then that’s a pretty ****ed up position to have.

If no, then the location is superfluous and we should be talking about this type of war regardless of location.

Except we don’t actually NEED to support the Saudi war effort. It doesn’t actually strengthen US interests.

Why not? It's ok for Yemeni peasants to be bombed to rubble but not white Christian blue eyed Ukrainians:)?
No, I'm not hearing about it.

Makes me look like an ass, and the media too.

And I’m asking why is the thread about Ukraine in specific.

Wow.

I have to explain this to you?

It is specific to Ukraine because the OP wanted to ask about whether Putin adherents are OK with the kind of war being waged in Ukraine.

Would this kind of war be acceptable if it was happening somewhere besides Ukraine?

Irrelevant to this thread.

Open a thread on it.

If yes, then that’s a pretty ****ed up position to have.

If frogs has wings they wouldn't need water tight asses.

Start a thread on Yemen.

If no, then the location is superfluous and we should be talking about this type of war regardless of location.

If wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Start a thread about Yemen.

Back
Top Bottom