• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are Exorcisms and Demons Real?

What you fail to realize is that Agnostics are Atheists as well. Do agnostics believe in God? No, they do not. Weak atheists (which most atheists are) and agnostics (the most common form of them) are essentially the same thing. I am not making the assertion that there definitively is no God, I am saying that "we don't have any evidence for God yet, so I am reasonably justified in not believing in him.".

Never did I fail in that realization. Some are weak atheists others are not. Rather undecided as based on evidence or lack thereof. This is why I said agnosticism is broad by definition. Thereby, making it more suitable as a reason/means for default.
I think you just finally agreed...lol

Last edited:

Yes, I'm sorry. I assumed that you were talking about the more colloquial understanding of what agnosticism is - there are often misconceptions among people that agnosticism is just saying "there's no way to know, so I'm not gonna say anything", when it also incorporates weak atheism. My mistake.

While I appreciate your concession. There is no need for apology as you did present fair and valid points.
Based on this is it not all the wiser (humanly speaking) that one who is otherwise not compelled toward any religious doctrines/beliefs to take all the more an agnostic stance 'lest there be any other rash/reasoning which comes to light at a more personal level/degree. Shouldn't then they not shake their fists at God in mocking / persecute them that believe. Pretending they have it all figured out relying on theoretical conglomerates. Whereas, people of faith are then inclined to take them at a level of mutual disrespect in their knowing/believing that rather they have it all disfigured out.
...And in all fairness I realize the elements of radicalism of those who profess themselves to be Christian. Still and again only God knows the heart and we (as true Christians) are only to judge them by their fruits. There measure of compassion, obedience, and ultimate principles that align/define biblically accordingly as to what is integrity..?

Actually, atheism is the default position:

http://www.geocities.com/anatheist2001/subdefault.htm

Apostle13 said:
The link you provide is also slanted when I hit the back button at the top of the page it came up "An Atheist's site."
My position stands Agnosticism is default.

http://www.update.uu.se/~fbendz/atheism/definitions.html

Demons are as real as you want them to be!!

Okay, time for a wake up call......

Demons, souls, angels, gods, devils and the alike are all real. These beings are around us all of the time. Some torment us and others guide us, but none the less they are real. I am one person that has dealt with all of the above from one occurance to many. Exorcism is not the only way to get rid of these spirits. You can obsorb their energy, cast them out, call them out, and even call upon higher, stronger powers to interceed for you. Not all demons are out to kill you or possess your body. Most of them just want to live among us and unfortunely we are their access to this world. They can use our energy to live among us. Depression, insanity, heavy anxieties are all direct results of this. Some deaths have even occured from such spirits. Religous (not just talking about christianity) and mythical writings all talk about this type of torment. They can be scary from time to time, but eventually you get use to seeing them. Yes, I said seeing.

Thanks for that! I didn't believe in them until you presented this compelling evidence! Boy, I'm sure glad that you're here.

Engimo said:
Thanks for that! I didn't believe in them until you presented this compelling evidence! Boy, I'm sure glad that you're here.

Don't forget that unicorns, fairy godmothers, and unpants gnomes are included in that.

If you expect us to believe you, please produce some precise evidence of demons, souls, angels, or gods, or else admit that you are orating airy hope. Thanks.

Engimo said:

I am sure this information would serve to be handy for a person with an open mind...and if this is meant as sarcasm it preceeds you.

Laternater said:
I am sure this information would serve to be handy for a person with an open mind...and if this is meant as sarcasm it preceeds you.

You probably meant "precedes", but even then that sentence makes little sense.

Laternater said:

No, it would serve to be handy if you had documented eye-witness accounts of these "supernatural" entity's.

In and around the time of Jesus, demons, sometimes thousands, could be living in one person. Jesus could cast them out, i.e., exorcism. Today, there is a demon inside of all of our minds. That's Satan. He doesn't go away, exorcism or not. Only God can protect us from the demon inside us. It's much like the angle/devil on-the-shoulder deal that you see in cartoons.:2razz:

And your evidence of this is...?

What evidence do I not have? You think people are evil naturally?

Baxter said:
What evidence do I not have? You think people are evil naturally?

An appeal to ignorance that is based entirely on a normative statement. Not only do I not think that people are evil by default, I don't think that there's any reason that if people were naturally evil, it could not happen for naturally-occuring reasons. Now, if you could show some evidence as to why evil must be supernatural, that'd be nice.

There is no evidence supporting that. I deal in faith, you deal in fact. As nice as it is to have evidence, I simply do not. The Bible is my who, what, where, when, and why. It doesn't say how. Some things we are not meant to know. I regret not knowing more scripture, but I do recall a Bible verse that said people are naturally evil...I believe it stated that we are born into sin.

Well, when we're considering the question of whether or not things are real, I think it's the "fact" side that should hold precedence.

Believe what you must. I won't criticize you for it.

Baxter said:
There is no evidence supporting that.

You can say that again. So you are admitting it could be an arcane hallucination?

I deal in faith, you deal in fact.

Wow, and since you continue to come back to this forum after emiting that, either you have big balls, or you're a pedomorphic, delusional, anarchistic, dunce.:lol:

As nice as it is to have evidence, I simply do not.

O geese. How would you react if someone claimed that he had Superman's powers, then said he had no evidence of them? Would you blindly believe him? Of course not.

Ha, that's a nice, phantasmagoric diatribe. What you have shown with this idealistic manifesto is that you can be as vague as the very god you claim exists.:lol:

You know, after a year of taking crap like that from another forum, I finally left. Don't push me.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…