• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Democrats Attacking Amy Coney Barrett’s Religion And Family?

The right wing screamosphere keeps insisting this is a thing that’s going on. I have yet to see it. Does anyone have any legit instances of this?

TWitter randos, message board randos (like me!) don’t count. Op ed columnists do not count. Sorry, but if we’re gonna play that game all day then there’s no reason we can’t take any handful of rando cons on this board and say “Here is the official GOP response to...”

So? Anyone?

Considering that SCOTUS is the highest court in the land and has virtually zero authority over it, and that religious nuts have been working for decades to push their agenda onto Americans--yes, Barrett's religious nuttery is fair game. Deal with it.

There are many ways to support the poor without government welfare. The Christians ways of personal charity are the best

Why aren't they doing it today? Why are pregnant women not turning to "Christian" churches in record number?

This is why I don’t care about pro life positions and never will. The people who have them are usually bloodthirsty and revel in human suffering. He seemed more excited at the prospect of women dying than any babies being saved.
The people who are fine with the slaughter of 30 million babies are the bloodthirsty ones.

Considering that SCOTUS is the highest court in the land and has virtually zero authority over it, and that religious nuts have been working for decades to push their agenda onto Americans--yes, Barrett's religious nuttery is fair game. Deal with it.

It should be! But it wont’ be. And there isn’t anyting the dems can do about that. And she’s gonna get pushed through. Nothing the Dems can do about that either except make the GOP pay politically.

It should be! But it wont’ be. And there isn’t anyting the dems can do about that. And she’s gonna get pushed through. Nothing the Dems can do about that either except make the GOP pay politically.
The GOP will be rewarded for fulfilling yet another of Trump's 2016 election promises. Most people LOVE Amy.

The right wing screamosphere keeps insisting this is a thing that’s going on. I have yet to see it. Does anyone have any legit instances of this?

TWitter randos, message board randos (like me!) don’t count. Op ed columnists do not count. Sorry, but if we’re gonna play that game all day then there’s no reason we can’t take any handful of rando cons on this board and say “Here is the official GOP response to...”

So? Anyone?

They are attacking her because she might vote to throw out Obamacare.

It's the political thing to do.

They should be attacking her for that. That’s fine.

Then why are single mothers living in poverty?
Not all choose to elevate their circumstances:

"The poor will always be with you: - Matthew 26:11

Ironically, that would be in direct opposition to the Catholic Church's beliefs... (They like the cafeteria plan when it comes to faith.... pick and choose only the items you want..)

"Reform efforts must begin with the principle that decent health care is not a privilege, but a right and a requirement to protect the life and dignity of every person. ... The bishops' conference believes health care reform should be truly universal and it should be genuinely affordable" (italics in original).

The teaching that health care is a right rather than a privilege was articulated by Pope John XXIII in his encyclical, Pacem in Terris (Peace on Earth), published less than two months before his death on June 3, 1963.

The pope began that encyclical with a list of rights, the first set of which pertained to the right to life and a worthy standard of living. Included in these rights were the right to "food, clothing, shelter, medical care, rest and finally the necessary social services" (n. 11; my italics).

Your link doesn't address people's feelings about Amy. It was taken before Amy was even the nominee.

Since when did you people care about feelings? :D I thought those didn't matter. Why the flip-flop, Mash?

The GOP will be rewarded for fulfilling yet another of Trump's 2016 election promises. Most people LOVE Amy.

He already has his base’s vote. Most people do not agree that Roe should be overturned. Most people do not agree that ACA should be struck down.

What your base rewards you for is not the same as what the American people have made clear they want.

You people have been trying to talk down to us for years with shit such as "**** your feelings!" and "Feelings don't matter, only the facts matter."

Why do you suddenly care about feelings when they're directed towards your side?

Safely for whom? Certainly not the baby.

Definition of baby
(Entry 1 of 3)
1a(1): an extremely young childespecially : INFANT
(2): an extremely young animal
b: the youngest of a groupHe is the baby of the family.

At the point being discussed here, baby isn't part of the discussion.
The law has to use defined words and can't just make up definitions as they choose.

Welfare actually encourages these women to have kids out of wedlock and never marry.

Yeah. Right. :rolleyes: I never married or had kids, thank goodness, and I was never on welfare. So I think this statement is inaccurate at best and a flat-out lie at worst.

Since when did you people care about feelings? :D I thought those didn't matter. Why the flip-flop, Mash?

HAHHAAH that is awesome

Yeah. Right. :rolleyes: I never married or had kids, thank goodness, and I was never on welfare. So I think this statement is inaccurate at best and a flat-out lie at worst.

Then you are useless to a Republican male. A woman that does not produce babies nor avail herself to Christian Sharia Law is a heretic.

a --> b does not equal b --> a. Geometry 101.

Why are pregnant women not turning to "Christian" churches in record number?

Good question. I know that if I'd ever been pregnant, the last place I'd have gone to for help would have been a church or CPC.

Back
Top Bottom