• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Democrats Attacking Amy Coney Barrett’s Religion And Family?

Okay, first of all, you are right...people like you don't count. But people in the mainstream media and their echo chamber DO count because they have enormous influence over the useful idiots.

So...having said that, here is an example of a Democrat not only making a backhanded attack against ACB's religion, but throwing one of his own under the bus to do it.

Oh but there's more...

Ayanna Pressley

@AyannaPressley

·
13h

US House candidate, MA-7

Barrett is dangerous & unfit to serve on the highest court.

You are moving the goalposts. That was from her confirmation hearing just 3 years ago. Neither of those high ranking elected Democrats have ever walked back anything they said about her faith.

3 days ago...

I may call Bill Maher an educated idiot but wouldn't call him a "rando"...

I don’t agree with you that comments from 3 years ago constitute Democratic leadership attacking her today. And I don’t know that they needed to walk back anything. Should she walk back her nomination since she feels you shouldn’t replace ideological with its opposite? She felt that at the time, I’m sure she’s changed her mind but she will still accept hte nom.

I don’t care what you want to call Bill Maher. He’s not in a position of dem leadership. Listen, I get it: The game was to insist the dems are doing this regardless of whether or not they are doing this. Ya’ll know this is a politically unwinnable situation for you so you’re just trying to figure some stuff out.

Sigh...even with a sweep, we are in such a deep hole. And you know the MAGA traitors will just look for revenge and be bigger assholes about everything.

What would make, (in your words), "MAGA traitors even more revengeful and bigger assholes about everything"?

Hilarious.

OP notes that random people on twitter/message boards don't count as "Democrats" doing something. So half the thing Trumpists posts are tweets, and the other half speculative articles about what MAY happen IF "Democrats" do it.

As usual, it's the Trumpist lie machine in action. They're all individuals not responsible for each others' actions, but if they can find one single person out of 320,000,000 in the country doing something, they can then call that person a "Democrat" and by virtue of having called them that, everyone else they call a "Democrat" is personally responsible.

Moronic. Painfully stupid, in fact. But it's not about making sense. It's about virtue-signalling hatred of the left, aka, naked tribalism.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Ibram X. Kendi
@DrIbram

Some White colonizers "adopted" Black children. They "civilized" these "savage" children in the "superior" ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity. https://twitter.com/jennybethm/status/1309653952682754056…

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Ibram X. Kendi
@DrIbram

Replying to @DrIbram
And whether this is Barrett or not is not the point. It is a belief too many White people have: if they have or adopt a child of color, then they can't be racist.
2:11 PM · Sep 26, 2020

Sees statement that random people on twitter don't count, posts random person on twitter.

:ROFLMAO:

Can you quote where she talks about her children and her religion? Or have the goalposts on the right now shifted to “Any opposition is bad?”

deplorables are deplorable

It's really rather simple.

What would make, (in your words), "MAGA traitors even more revengeful and bigger assholes about everything"?

The Trump base is the shittiest most petty collection of people in the country. They’re not going to take a blow out well after feeling as though Amy Comey Jr gives them the country.

deplorables are deplorable

It's really rather simple.

Is this a hard criteria? I don’t get it. TEhy keep insisting dEmOCRatS are attacking her family. All I”ve seen so far from their own arguments are: Bill Maher, Twitter people saying shit, and op-eds from SE Cupp “warning” dems not to do this thing they might do in the future.

I guess when they insist I’m moving goalposts what they’re complaining about is the existence of goalposts in the first place.

Exactly. Luckily for me, my BC always worked. I wonder how Justice Barrett feels about contraception.

She follows the beliefs of the church and does not use birth control...

I imagine Amy follows her church beliefs and opposes contraception, judging from the size of her family. Way to go, girl!!

She is the rare US Catholic who does...

Can you quote where she talks about her children and her religion? Or have the goalposts on the right now shifted to “Any opposition is bad?”

Pressley labels Barrett a far right ideologue who is unfit because she's claims she is anti-choice, anti-LGBTQ, so IMO, she is condemning her for her personally held religious convictions. (ymmv)

Has anyone asked Barrett her opinion on filling the court position during an election? Her answer would speak volumes on her integrety and alliances.

Pressley labels Barrett a far right ideologue who is unfit because anti-choice, anti-LGBTQ, so IMO, she is condemning her for her personally held religious convictions. (ymmv)

Pressley is expressing standard Democratic mainstream orthodoxy on those subjects, Amy Mueller Rodham Clinton *is* outside the American mainstream on social issues.

Is the goalpost now a rubberstamp for conservative orthodoxy? And if Amy Some-Of-My-Best-Kids-Are-Black cannot defend her interpretation of overturning those things based on law, then we agree it’s due to her religious convictions. I guess I have more faith in her than you do because I, and it seems the Dems on that committee will be sticking to ACA and ‘roe.

Hey: if the Dems start asking her about accepting the blood of christ and isn’t that just rude, you’ll have your political victory. As of now all you got is Bizarro World RBG taht NOOOOO ONE outside of hardcore Cons asked for.

Has anyone asked Barrett her opinion on filling the court position during an election? Her answer would speak volumes on her integrety and alliances.

We already have it...

The Trump base is the shittiest most petty collection of people in the country. They’re not going to take a blow out well after feeling as though Amy Comey Jr gives them the country.

The above allegation of being the "shittiest and most petty" people in the country is rich ... considering the shit and pettiness that came from the crybaby control freaks who haven't yet realized they just might lose the country for another four. Oh and wouldn't it be funny if another SC judge dies, and Trump gets another pick? What will you say then?

The above allegation of being the "shittiest and most petty" people in the country is rich ... considering the shit and pettiness that came from the crybaby control freaks who haven't yet realized they just might lose the country for another four. Oh and wouldn't it be funny if another SC judge dies, and Trump gets another pick? What will you say then?

The crybaby control freaks aren’t insisting that the election is already rigged and only a 6-3 Trump court and properly adjudicate. if the polling were flipped, *none* of you would be talking about election “fraud.”

You just want to control a thing that you know is heading out of your hands. Your glee over shoving our faces in your misery is one of hte reasons *why* this is spiraling away from you.

Pressley is expressing standard Democratic mainstream orthodoxy on those subjects, Amy Mueller Rodham Clinton *is* outside the American mainstream on social issues.

Is the goalpost now a rubberstamp for conservative orthodoxy? And if Amy Some-Of-My-Best-Kids-Are-Black cannot defend her interpretation of overturning those things based on law, then we agree it’s due to her religious convictions. I guess I have more faith in her than you do because I, and it seems the Dems on that committee will be sticking to ACA and ‘roe.

Hey: if the Dems start asking her about accepting the blood of christ and isn’t that just rude, you’ll have your political victory. As of now all you got is Bizarro World RBG taht NOOOOO ONE outside of hardcore Cons asked for.
You can spin it anyway you want but anyone who can read knows Pressley terms Barrett dangerous to the country because of her religion.

The crybaby control freaks aren’t insisting that the election is already rigged and only a 6-3 Trump court and properly adjudicate. if the polling were flipped, *none* of you would be talking about election “fraud.”

You just want to control a thing that you know is heading out of your hands. Your glee over shoving our faces in your misery is one of hte reasons *why* this is spiraling away from you.

I don't remember mentioning anything in my post about election fraud. Red herring. ^

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Anyone who thinks Trump can't win isn't being realistically honest with themselves.

You can spin it anyway you want but anyone who can read knows Pressley terms Barrett dangerous to the country because of her religion.

I don’t have to spin anything. You do. I can simply quote her words, you’re the one who has to add on all of your own words to make it go where you need it to.

She didn’t say nuttin about no kids nor no religion. If you have proof to the contrary, all ya gots to do is show your work.

Anyone who can read also knows Barrett intends to end ACA and Roe. I guess everyone who can read understands what’s going on.

I don't remember mentioning anything in my post about election fraud. Red herring. ^

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Anyone who thinks Trump can't win isn't being realistically honest with themselves.

Ohhhhh so now I can’t quote any other Republicans when referring to Republican arguments?? Are you SURE that’s a fair standard to apply when discussing this with you? ARe you sure? Cause I want you to be sure.

I don’t have to spin anything. You do. I can simply quote her words, you’re the one who has to add on all of your own words to make it go where you need it to.

She didn’t say nuttin about no kids nor religion. If you have proof to the contrary, all ya gots to do is show your work.

Anyone who can read also knows Barrett intends to end ACA and Roe. I guess everyone who can read understands what’s going on.

Yes, she did. She called her dangerous to the country because of her deeply held religious beliefs (anti-abortion, anti-Gay), "a dangerous right wing ideologue".
That you don't like that I proved my point that you asked me to prove above isn't my problem.

You be sure and have a great day splitting hairs while arguing semantics.

Back
Top Bottom