• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Are all Religions being Destoyed?

Are All Religions being destroyed?

• YES

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • NO

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Windy said:
Because you do not agree with me; does that negate my personal observation? I love debate and I find your view fascinating as I do many other differing views.
I had no explicit intention of minimizing your observations Windy. I only wished to further clarify mine. With the exceptions of holy-men and terrorists who defile religion by abusing its higher precepts, and fundamentalists of all denominations who consider it incumbant to continuously proselytize their beliefs... I have no major problems with organized religion. Live and let live. It just isn't for me.

Although we may disagree, I do respect your observations and insights. Those who imagine themselves as a sacrosanct island of impervious bedrock, deny their flora of faith the opportunity to fully blossom... and their fauna of wisdom the necessary sustenance to mature and prosper.

I also love debate Windy... and appreciate all who nourish my mind and soul.

Tashah said:
I had no explicit intention of minimizing your observations Windy. I only wished to further clarify mine. With the exceptions of holy-men and terrorists who defile religion by abusing its higher precepts, and fundamentalists of all denominations who consider it incumbant to continuously proselytize their beliefs... I have no major problems with organized religion. Live and let live. It just isn't for me.

Although we may disagree, I do respect your observations and insights. Those who imagine themselves as a sacrosanct island of impervious bedrock, deny their flora of faith the opportunity to fully blossom... and their fauna of wisdom the necessary sustenance to mature and prosper.

I could not have put it better myself.
I too have familiarized myself with many religions in an effort to both understand the differences as well as the similarities.
The one thing I have noticed that is an undeiable truth in just about all is the "Universal Golden Rule" or Ethics of Reciprocity.

There's an interesting essay I found which you might enjoy:

"Every religion emphasizes human improvement, love, respect for others, sharing other people's suffering. On these lines every religion had more or less the same viewpoint and the same goal." The Dalai Lama

SHARED BELIEF IN THE "GOLDEN RULE"

Tashah said:

[/QUOTE

I never meant to impugn you motives Tashah believe me.
We may disagree allot on these forums but never the less
we can agree to disagree. Like you I love debate .
Long may it prosper for without it we are intellectually
impoverished

]

Windy said:
We may disagree allot on these forums but never the less
we can agree to disagree. Like you I love debate.
That is the inherent beauty of open and honest debate... the ability to agree, to disagree, or to reconcile the difference.

Windy said:
Long may it prosper for without it we are intellectually impoverished.
An excellent toast to share and celebrate... ::clink::

I think religion is a support for people who need it, if anything. The more people are able to deal with their problems are their own, the less they need god to guide them.

I think it's pretty odd to say that you know god exists or does not exist, but I think humanity is fine without him and even better off if there is one and he likes us.

You might say the wheat is being seperated from the chaff. The mainline Protestant churches are becoming social service agencies. They have given up defending christian values to being MTV friendly.
The latest is the Presbyterians and the Episcopalians.At one time the Episcopal church was called ' The Republican Party at Prayer ". Now they make active Homosexuals bishops and use Clintonian english to defend themselves. On the other side of course are the Evangelical Protestants, Catholics and the Eastern Orthodox.Still standing up for Jesus Christ !

JOHNYJ said:
You might say the wheat is being seperated from the chaff. The mainline Protestant churches are becoming social service agencies. They have given up defending christian values to being MTV friendly.
The latest is the Presbyterians and the Episcopalians.At one time the Episcopal church was called ' The Republican Party at Prayer ". Now they make active Homosexuals bishops and use Clintonian english to defend themselves. On the other side of course are the Evangelical Protestants, Catholics and the Eastern Orthodox.Still standing up for Jesus Christ !

Well I'd rather they used "Clintonian" English rather than "Bush-isms."
Funny, you railed against homosexuals in your post, but I have yet to see where Jesus said anything pro or con homosexuals. As a matter of fact, Jesus had WAY bigger problems than the gays and/or lesbians. His real anxiety was caused by Pharisees and Money Changers/Lenders.
Exactly what the "Republican party" has turned into!

If you want to mix your politics and religion, fine. But rest assured, you will be the one to loose.

God is not as popular as He was once. The biblical representation is rather forbidding and out of date. One would think that, given human nature, He would be more forgiving and lovable for being so demanding of man’s adulation.

Jesus is a more sympathetic figure, but a rather poor god in comparison. (Real gods are not supposed to die - even if they managed to be resurrected.) Somehow the man who preached the Sermon on the Mount seems more impressive than Christ the miracle worker. Still, anyone who could turn water into wine would have been worth inviting to a party.

The philosopher Epictetus once said that the most important thing was to acknowledge the existence of the gods and make sacrifice to them. After all - he added rhetorically - what would they be otherwise but dead statues? For it is not what adorns the temple, but he who worships and adores it that makes the divinity.

Perhaps rather than issuing commandments, God would do better with a good publicist.

God is not as popular as He was once. The biblical representation is rather forbidding and out of date. One would think that, given human nature, He would be more forgiving and lovable for being so demanding of man’s adulation.

Jesus is a more sympathetic figure, but seems a rather poor god in comparison. (Real gods are not supposed to die - even if they managed to be resurrected.) Somehow the man who preached the Sermon on the Mount seems more impressive than Christ the miracle worker. Still, anyone who could turn water into wine would have been worth inviting to a party.

The philosopher Epictetus once said that the most important thing was to acknowledge the existence of the gods and make sacrifice to them. After all - he added rhetorically - what would they be otherwise but dead statues? For it is not what adorns the temple, but he who worships and adores it that makes the divinity.

Perhaps rather than issuing commandments, God would do better with a good publicist.

Jesus is a more sympathetic figure, but seems a rather poor god in comparison. (Real gods are not supposed to die - even if they managed to be resurrected.) Somehow the man who preached the Sermon on the Mount seems more impressive than Christ the miracle worker. (Still, anyone who could turn water into wine would have been worth inviting to a party.)

Jesus is a more sympathetic figure, but seems a rather poor god in comparison. (Real gods are not supposed to die - even if they managed to be resurrected.) Somehow the man who preached the Sermon on the Mount seems more impressive than Christ the miracle worker. (Still, anyone who could turn water into wine would have been worth inviting to a party.)

The philosopher Epictetus once said that the most important thing was to acknowledge the existence of the gods and make sacrifice to them. After all -(What would they be otherwise but dead statues?) - for it is not what adorns the temple, but he who worships and adores it that makes the divinity.

RE : Nemo

It is the Jesus loves everyone.Jesus the wimp,Jesus the patsy.That is loosing in modern society.
THe wnner is the Jesus of the CREED.
He sits at the Right Hand of the Father, from where he shall Judge ! the Living and the Dead !

No. It is Jesus of the deed - those who live in imitation of the life of Christ. Many profess to be deeply religious, but few are truly spiritual persons. They are the "ranters" (pious frauds), like the character Talkative in John Bunyon's The Pilgrim's Progress - the talk a good deal, but they don't do any good deeds.

Nemo said:
No. It is Jesus of the deed - those who live in imitation of the life of Christ. Many profess to be deeply religious, but few are truly spiritual persons. They are the "ranters" (pious frauds), like the character Talkative in John Bunyon's The Pilgrim's Progress - the talk a good deal, but they don't do any good deeds.

'Go find a perfect church and join it....its not perfect anymore'
(Billy Graham)
:smile:

Windy said:
No matter what religion you are..
... does it not seem that before these people can do what they like they have to destroy our institutions?

I am not sure "destroyed" would be the precise word here, but yes, certain "institutions" that in any way challenge their own or that trouble other global residents must at least be "de-energized" or "de-orthodoxed" (removing anything contrary to pluralism) as part of the global-elitists' being able to freely "do what they like". And of course, that must be done for the sake of alleged "tolerance":

Pluralism (Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary)
3a: a theory that there are more than one or more than two kinds of ultimate reality;
b: a theory that reality is composed of a plurality of entities.
4a: a state of society in which members of diverse ethnic, racial, religious, or social groups maintain an autonomous participation in and development of their traditional culture or special interest within the confines of a common civilization;
b: a concept, doctrine, or policy advocating this state.

Windy said:
Seems to me that people of any religion should stick together for that reason.

I think I can agree with that ... and I would suspect that at least certain globalists would say that anyone who would not (such as any seeming "radicals" of whatever flavor) would have to be eliminated for the "good" of society.

leejosepho said:
I think I can agree with that ... and I would suspect that at least certain globalists would say that anyone who would not (such as any seeming "radicals" of whatever flavor) would have to be eliminated for the "good" of society.

Let me make my possition clear; I think that most of the problems in this world are caused by 'Revisionist's' mainly feminist in persuasion.
They see 'Patriocy' as an enemy against their cause, anything, or anyone who stands in their way is erradicated.
The ones who agree with them, or pay lip-service to their dogma; are allowed to maintain possitions they hold within society;to help futher their aims and aspirations.
The revolution we are seeing all over the world has been done by stealth and guile.
Men are only just waking up to the fact that they have been conned..
But that is probably a subject for a different Post. :cool:

Windy said:
I think that most of the problems in this world are caused by 'Revisionists' mainly feminist in persuasion.

Are you there talking about men or women of feminist persuasion, or of both?

Windy said:
They see 'Patriocy' as an enemy against their cause ...

Yes, for patriotism and national autonomy relatedly conflict with their now-coming-to-life global governance.

Windy said:
The revolution we are seeing all over the world has been done by stealth and guile.
Men are only just waking up to the fact that they have been conned..

... and many are simply rolling to the other side and falling back into sleep.

leejosepho said:
Are you there talking about men or women of feminist persuasion, or of both?

Answer =Both

... Yes, for patriotism and national autonomy relatedly conflict with their now-coming-to-life global governance.

Watch for Election of a Female President at next Presidential Election this will usher in a terrible Age for Humankind

.. and many are simply rolling to the other side and falling back into sleep.

I would have agreed with you a few months ago but not now mensactivism.org is one of many growing movements that show that men have had enough of feminism:cool:

nkgupta80 said:
Watch for Election of a Female President at next Presidential Election this will usher in a terrible Age for Humankind

Bear with me for just a moment here ...

In a small town near where I happen to live, a man and his wife constitute two of the three members of the town council ... and maybe you can imagine some of the kinds of stunts they pull when one of them "seconds" the other's motion and their 2/3 majority always wins!

And now ...

A few days ago, I heard some chatter on a talk show about W. J. Clinton positioning himself to eventually become "president" (or whatever they call that position) of the U.N. ... and would it not be interesting to see that particular team at work around the world if Hillary becomes president here!

... mensactivism.org is one of many growing movements that show that men have had enough of feminism:cool:

Please pardon my use of too broad a brush there. Yes, not all men are rolling back to sleep ...

Last edited:
leejosepho said:
In a small town near where I happen to live, a man and his wife constitute two of the three members of the town council ... and maybe you can imagine some of the kinds of stunts they pull when one of them "seconds" the other's motion and their 2/3 majority always wins!...

And now ...

leejosepho said:
A few days ago, I heard some chatter on a talk show about W. J. Clinton positioning himself to eventually become "president" (or whatever they call that position) of the U.N. ... and would it not be interesting to see that particular team at work around the world if Hillary becomes president here!!...

:lol: The Mind Boggles..:lol:

leejosepho said:
Please pardon my use of too broad a brush there. Yes, not all men are rolling back to sleep ...

No problems leejosepho you should join us...:lol:

Originally Posted by nkgupta80

i never posted that...and I don't believe such a thing would happen.

However windy, its true, feminism has gone overboard. Most feminist groups are dominated by power-hungry man-hating women, who really have no other agenda. One field in which many men are being horribly screwed is in divorce courts where women almost always get custody of the child, and if they are heartless enough, keep the father from seeing them, who at the same time pays for the child's support. These aren't extreme cases, these kinda cases happen all the time in divorces. There are actually mens groups forming against this, and hoipefully in a decade or two, this extremism will correct itself again.

nkgupta80 said:
i never posted that...and I don't believe such a thing would happen.

However windy, its true, feminism has gone overboard. Most feminist groups are dominated by power-hungry man-hating women, who really have no other agenda. One field in which many men are being horribly screwed is in divorce courts where women almost always get custody of the child, and if they are heartless enough, keep the father from seeing them, who at the same time pays for the child's support. These aren't extreme cases, these kinda cases happen all the time in divorces. There are actually mens groups forming against this, and hoipefully in a decade or two, this extremism will correct itself again.

Sorry about that nkgupta80 I dont know how that has happened.
I totaly agree with all you say. Maybe you should join us to . www.mensactivism.org
At the rate the MENS Movement is growing it wont take as long as a decade
(God Forbid) but thats another post I suppose .:2razz:

Back
Top Bottom