• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AOC Bashes Elon Musk’s $8 Twitter Verification Subscription

I laid out the reasons I think this was a bad investment. You repeatedly stated that Musk is too genius to ever make a bad business decision, and that's the only argument you've made. You refuse to back up in any way WHY you think this was a good investment. You're lazy and you can neither defend your viewpoint nor attack any of the points I've made.

This is a debate site, not an Elon Musk dick sucking competition.
I didn't even make that argument. You have invented what I wrote. The second sentence is just plain ignorance and bad taste. No this site isn't a debate site. It is a partisan battle site.

I didn't even make that argument. You have invented what I wrote. The second sentence is just plain ignorance and bad taste. No this site isn't a debate site. It is a partisan battle site.
That's exactly my point, you're so lazy you didn't even make a point nor did you address anything I wrote. Explain WHY you think it's a good investment and stop repeating Elon could never make a mistake. Jesus ****ing Christ you are slow.

The main problem with charging for the blue tick is it makes it completely meaningless.

But hey, it’s his $40 billion toy to piss up the wall, I think at this point as I’ve pointed out for a long time, he gets far too much credit for his so called “accomplishments” which were likely the work of people far More competent than himself.
Not likely, were.

Derek Proudian and Peter Thiel were the ones who turned his initial investment (taken from his daddy's blood emerald money) in Zip2 and Confinity/X (what later became Paypal) into massive returns.

The accomplished scientists and engineers he threw money at, angel investors and generous government subsidies that propped up his initial failing investment are what made SpaceX and Tesla successes.

That's exactly my point, you're so lazy you didn't even make a point nor did you address anything I wrote. Explain WHY you think it's a good investment and stop repeating Elon could never make a mistake. Jesus ****ing Christ you are slow.
F you too.

LOL, I ask you to explain WHY you think it's a good investment and you throw a little hissy fit. Sorry you got triggered, lol.
I didn't say it was a good idea. That is why I didn't respond. I rarely respond to people who criticize what I don't say. I questioned your standing in saying it was a mistake but you didn't explain that. Sorry you got triggered. LOL.

And now Moody's just downgraded to B1 primarily on governance concerns. Two notches above S&P so I'm expecting further downgrades, and neither ratings agency has received the new cap structure info so expecting further downgrades from both after that.

TSLA stock down to the mid $190's. If it goes to $135 he'll have to prepay his shareholder loan ($12.5bn with 5% PIK).

So who cares about the blue checkmark? Most people will just not pay for it, because no one really gives a fig.

The blue check mark is for notable persons ID verification. If you see, for example, a @WillieNelson twitter handle, but no blue check mark, you'll know it is someone impersonating a celeb.

IF Musk gives it to anyone who pays 8 bucks, then it will be worthless.

Oh look, here's Musk's idea of freedom of expression...
I suspect this isn't going to get far. Just looking at what's happening on the subscription-only side of the streaming world should give Twitter some pause. They're different services and in different industries, but what they share in common is the need for revenue growth, and subscriber-only models are introducing free ad platforms because the bottom line is ad sales brings in the money much more reliably than subscription fees. The challenge for Twitter in this regard is the question of whether everyone currently on would agree to pay a fee; I suspect they would lose a lot of users who aren't as active.

I have a feeling this isn't about $8

Back
Top Bottom