• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anyone getting the NFL pre-season jitters?

Lilith said:
:2dance:
right back atcha!;)
BoOOOOOOOOOOOO PACKERS! YaY BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pacridge said:
I used to think bears only ***** in the woods. After watching a few games apparently they do that on the field too.
BOoOOOOOOOOO PACRIDGE, YAY GALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

galenrox said:
BOoOOOOOOOOO PACRIDGE, YAY GALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, sorry it was just too easy. Hell I'm a Niners and Seahawk fan. Both have been crapping on the field for years now. In fact I don't think the Seahawks have ever done anything but.

Pacridge said:
Yeah, sorry it was just too easy. Hell I'm a Niners and Seahawk fan. Both have been crapping on the field for years now. In fact I don't think the Seahawks have ever done anything but.
Hey, the Seahawks have big things comin. There are only 3 teams that I wish good things upon, the Bears, the Seahawks (my dad grew up in Washington), and the Pats (my mom grew up in Connecticut). So even though things weren't good for the Bears since I was 1, at least 2 of the 3 I like made the playoffs last year, and one of them has gone all the way 3 of the last 4 years, if my memory serves me correctly.

One thing I've noticed is that I get WAY to into the whole Bears Packers feud, and I've said some really awful things to people because of it. I have the excuse that I was typically well under the influence of drugs and alcahol each time, but here was the worst.
There was this kid that I knew to be a Packer fan, and so I repeatedly explained to him that he's a waste of life. Then one night I was hammered, and I yelled, "HEY! Why do you like the Packers? Is it cause you know that you suck?" to which he responded "No, I used to watch Packers games with my grandpa before he died"
Can you guess how this will end badly? Oh yes, I go there.
"Then that mother****er DESERVED to die!!!"
I realized the next morning that I had crossed the line.

galenrox said:
Hey, the Seahawks have big things comin. There are only 3 teams that I wish good things upon, the Bears, the Seahawks (my dad grew up in Washington), and the Pats (my mom grew up in Connecticut). So even though things weren't good for the Bears since I was 1, at least 2 of the 3 I like made the playoffs last year, and one of them has gone all the way 3 of the last 4 years, if my memory serves me correctly.

Sure they are. Ever since Holmgren got here they've been going to do great things. Hows that been working so far?

Pacridge said:
Sure they are. Ever since Holmgren got here they've been going to do great things. Hows that been working so far?
dunno, only really pay attention to the Bears, but I wouldn't turn off a Seahawks game (another reason I hate the Rams!)

I dunno, the Seahawks are like some team in Madden that has all the right players and coaches, the right system, but the programmers put a line of code in that prevents them from ever getting to the top. Poor guys.

jakurus said:
I dunno, the Seahawks are like some team in Madden that has all the right players and coaches, the right system, but the programmers put a line of code in that prevents them from ever getting to the top. Poor guys.

Never heard it put like that but I agree. You could take the entire Pats organization and switch them with the Seahawks and as the Hawks they might squeak into the playoffs. Only to get blown out in the first round. Most folks, even fans, around here call them the 'Sea Chokes."

galenrox said:
BoOOOOOOOOOOOO PACKERS! YaY BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even with the Packers having a young team this season, the Bears still will not beat them. I cannot wait to post a "PACKERS KICKED THE BEARS ASS" thread.

alex said:
Even with the Packers having a young team this season, the Bears still will not beat them. I cannot wait to post a "PACKERS KICKED THE BEARS ASS" thread.

You're trying to get on galenrox buddies list, right?

Pacridge said:
Never heard it put like that but I agree. You could take the entire Pats organization and switch them with the Seahawks and as the Hawks they might squeak into the playoffs. Only to get blown out in the first round. Most folks, even fans, around here call them the 'Sea Chokes."
Don't feel too bad, we have the Saints here in Louisiana, we have done everything from the black and gold shame bags to renaming them the 'aints. Sad really.

galenrox said:
Da Bears!!!
A surprisingly insightful comment coming from a Bears fan.

Galenrox, we're on very opposite sides here. I'm a Rams, Packers, Steelers fan and can't stand the Niners, Seahawks, or Bears. I do love Hasselbeck, but only for his idiotic "We want the ball and we're going to score" comment before the game against the Packers. You must really love those crappy teams. The Cubs haven't won the WS in a century, and the Seahawks haven't won a playoff game since 1984.

rudy0908 said:

Galenrox, we're on very opposite sides here. I'm a Rams, Packers, Steelers fan and can't stand the Niners, Seahawks, or Bears. I do love Hasselbeck, but only for his idiotic "We want the ball and we're going to score" comment before the game against the Packers. You must really love those crappy teams. The Cubs haven't won the WS in a century, and the Seahawks haven't won a playoff game since 1984.

All others are irrelevant.....E-A-G-L-E-S......EAGLES!!!!

cnredd said:
All others are irrelevant.....E-A-G-L-E-S......EAGLES!!!!

If Philly makes it again, they will simply meet the same fate as they did last time, lose to the first Dynasty of the 21st century. GO PATS.

I remember days when we hoped to get a four win season, now we EXPECT 12+ win seasons and long stints into the playoffs. How times have changed for Pats fans.

rudy0908 said:

Wasn't that their only playoff win?

Pacridge said:

Yeah, but it seems like all of a sudden they are just incapable of winning without them really changing anything.

I think it might have something to do with Alexander, he seems "soft."

rudy0908 said:

Now I must hurt you, and hurt you will!;)

Back
Top Bottom