• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anyone getting the NFL pre-season jitters?

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
While baseball is my favorite sport, I also love football and am getting pretty itchy about the prospects for this season, maybe someone'll finally dethrone the pats this year, maybe it'll even be the Saints(HAH!) but seriously, I love the pre-season because even when my home team gets blown out and humiliated(as usual) at least at this point it doesn't count. Anyone else out there getting as excited about this as me?

Ticket prices here are getting ****ing ridiculous! Tickets to a Bears Packers game go for like eight ****ing hundred dollars! I saw someone selling pre-season, PRE ****ING SEASON, tickets for the Bears Bills game for $400! I mean ****! The radio'll have to do for me this season!

galenrox said:
Ticket prices here are getting ****ing ridiculous! Tickets to a Bears Packers game go for like eight ****ing hundred dollars! I saw someone selling pre-season, PRE ****ING SEASON, tickets for the Bears Bills game for $400! I mean ****! The radio'll have to do for me this season!

I'm a Niners fan.. I have a long way to go before I can get jittery before football season. My true love is hockey though... and I'm telling ya now. If there is no season... *shudders* nevermind, don't even want to think about it.

debate_junkie said:
I'm a Niners fan.. I have a long way to go before I can get jittery before football season. My true love is hockey though... and I'm telling ya now. If there is no season... *shudders* nevermind, don't even want to think about it.

Go Niners! That's my team. Been a long few years. You see that video the PR guy for the Niners made? Pretty da*ning stuff. Made fun of everyone from women in general to Asian's.

galenrox said:

You seen what it cost to go see a concert lately? We just coughed up 450 a pop from some Stones tix. It's just getting insane.

debate_junkie said:
If there's no season, then the Blackhawks will just have to put off their stanley cup victory one more year!

galenrox said:
If there's no season, then the Blackhawks will just have to put off their stanley cup victory one more year!

I've been a Niners fan since 1979. And I live in Eagles territory LOL Imagine that.

And the Blackhawks winning the cup? ummm WRONG lol And if you don't believe me, look at the Flyer's farm system. The Phantoms, Calder Cup Champions. The Trenton Titans.. Kelly Cup Champions. And when this lockout is resolved... see several of these players on the ice in the Wach. GO FLYERS!

Pacridge said:
Go Niners! That's my team. Been a long few years. You see that video the PR guy for the Niners made? Pretty da*ning stuff. Made fun of everyone from women in general to Asian's.

I saw bits and pieces of it. I couldn't stomach anymore of it.

debate_junkie said:
I've been a Niners fan since 1979. And I live in Eagles territory LOL Imagine that.

And the Blackhawks winning the cup? ummm WRONG lol And if you don't believe me, look at the Flyer's farm system. The Phantoms, Calder Cup Champions. The Trenton Titans.. Kelly Cup Champions. And when this lockout is resolved... see several of these players on the ice in the Wach. GO FLYERS!
I beg to differ, we got a new GM, and this mother****er means business!

galenrox said:
I beg to differ, we got a new GM, and this mother****er means business!

A new GM won't win a Stanley Cup! LOL just remember that. It's all about the players on the ice. A GM can put an outstanding team (on paper) together, and they'd do squat in the rink. Just ask the NY Rangers. They'll tell ya all about it.

debate_junkie said:
A new GM won't win a Stanley Cup! LOL just remember that. It's all about the players on the ice. A GM can put an outstanding team (on paper) together, and they'd do squat in the rink. Just ask the NY Rangers. They'll tell ya all about it.

I agree. The Blazers (I'm from Oregon what can I say?) just got a new head coach. They're still going to suck next year.

This GM is gonna make the Blackhawks the greatest force that hockey has ever seen. The Stanley Cup is ours, don't be a sore loser.

galenrox said:
This GM is gonna make the Blackhawks the greatest force that hockey has ever seen. The Stanley Cup is ours, don't be a sore loser.

Sore loser? ROFL I'm a realist. I know first hand the talent that's coming up in Philly. But to say before we even know there's a season that Lord Stanley's Cup will be in Chicago? Tell me, how much will your gm pay to buy a replica? Because as it stands now... that's the only cup any hockey team would get. Remember... there's STILL no deal.

Man, just accept it, the trophy belongs to the Blackhawks, just let it go, don't be a sore loser!

I hope that the NHL can pull it together. Hasn't anyone learned from the baseball lockouts? One reason that people love hockey so much is that because as a sport, it's still somewhat pure and honest, but if these guys keep up the tactics of looking out only for themselves, it will be a severe black eye on the sport and will negate all of the gains made in the last decade as far as the fanbase goes. This issue needs to be resolved now.

Wooohooo!

Time for the Packers to open up a new case of whupa**! I got my cheesehead ready the other day, this is gonna be the season! It's time for a new Lombardi era to be ushered in!

P.S.- the Bears still suck!

topgun146 said:
Wooohooo!

Time for the Packers to open up a new case of whupa**! I got my cheesehead ready the other day, this is gonna be the season! It's time for a new Lombardi era to be ushered in!

P.S.- the Bears still suck!
Oh, so your precious ******'s ready to dust off his braces and shove that sharp cheddar RIGHT up his ass for one more abomination of a season.

Or are you guys still sore from getting butt****ed on national television by the Vikings? They don't call them (fudge) packers for nothing!

ps, Bears are gonna kick your ass this year!

been fiendin for football since april... Redskins fan myself... Hopefully we can actually build an offense this year.

I am a Pats fan, but I don't have the jitters, yet. I suppose that is because I am focused on the Red Sox at this time of year. However, now that I am thinking about it, yes, I am nervous about the season. Sure, the Pats have a great team, but this isn't like the dynasties of old where they would win through domination. The Pats have won by making the big play and playing a truly team concept. There are too many good teams out there. If the Pats aren't on their top game every week, they could always stand a chance of getting beat.

ludahai said:
I am a Pats fan, but I don't have the jitters, yet. I suppose that is because I am focused on the Red Sox at this time of year. However, now that I am thinking about it, yes, I am nervous about the season. Sure, the Pats have a great team, but this isn't like the dynasties of old where they would win through domination. The Pats have won by making the big play and playing a truly team concept. There are too many good teams out there. If the Pats aren't on their top game every week, they could always stand a chance of getting beat.
Plus there's a big issue in their loss of their coordinators, how do you think that'll effect the Pats, if at all?
And speaking of which, considering the Browns got one of the Pats old coordinators, what do you think of them this year?

How 'bout them Cowboy's! One of the best off seasons ever, and everyone has practically given the Eagles the division already. Not this year, the Eagles will faulter like Buffalo, tough break Philly fans...

I hear ya on that one. I was going to order some tickets to see the panthers play miami and they wanted $70 for nose bleeders at pro player stadium. Cripes!! Thank God for NFL Sunday Direct ticket!!!! I can't wait for pre-season...

-Tim
nfl_panthers.gif

GottaHurt said:
How 'bout them Cowboy's! One of the best off seasons ever, and everyone has practically given the Eagles the division already. Not this year, the Eagles will faulter like Buffalo, tough break Philly fans...

Vegas has the Eagles as the favorite in the NFC...4-1 odds they go to the Super Bowl.

Last year, the Eagles were 13-3, and that was with 2 irrelevant games which used second stringers....The Convicts...I mean Cowboys...were 6-10.

That's 7 games out of first in a 16 games season. You're sayinng that the Cowpies will win 25% more of their games this year AND the Eagles will lose 25% more games this year. Good Luck.

galenrox said:
Oh, so your precious ******'s ready to dust off his braces and shove that sharp cheddar RIGHT up his ass for one more abomination of a season.

Or are you guys still sore from getting butt****ed on national television by the Vikings? They don't call them (fudge) packers for nothing!

ps, Bears are gonna kick your ass this year!
I can't remember the last time the Bears kicked anyone's ass consistently. However, ex-Rams coach Lovie Smith is coaching them, so atleast someone in Chicago has been a winner before. Man, STL kicks ass in sports, eh galenrox?

I'm a STL fan, do or die, but as far as the Rams this year they'll be lucky to have an 8-8 record.
If they manage to get to 9-7, they could squeeze into a wild card spot, and as we all know...once in the playoffs, anything can happen?

Back
Top Bottom