• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-Semitism is on the rise, stoked under progressive values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, because the religious conservatives you want to think they are tend to favor the Democrats, especially by a 2-to-1 margin.

Why are you so intent on proving that Muslims aren't liberals, anyway?

Republicans tend to be hostile towards Muslims, just look at all the hate you guys have towards them of course they favor a party over the one that hates them and is bigoted to them. That doesn’t mean they agree with the party they favor.

Because Muslims typically aren’t liberals and they don’t hold liberal views. Or are you saying the majority of Muslim religion is for gay marriage? Explain if you can. You cons are always yelling us how the Muslim religion preaches hate. Make up your minds.

Who cares who they like. They are morons with no support.

In other words, not only are we okay with confusing anti-colonialism with anti-Semitism, we're also going to deny that racists on your side "have support", but obviously when a Progressive Congresswoman says something you don't like then those "anti-Semites" automatically "have support." Have you ever looked into the term "special pleading" is?

It's funny, because I was about to link you to Nizkor, an online compendium of logical fallacies, and point out the irony of me needing to link you to an online compendium written by Holocaust survivers about why you shouldn't equivocating anti-Semites with people critical of Israel. Nizkor editors wrote about logical fallacies (e.g. special pleading) to combat the ones used by Nazis used to demonize Jews --so that things like the Holocaust never happen again. But actually, it turns out that Nizkor right now is blacklisted by Google after a months-long Alt-Right campaign to falsely report Nizkor as having malware, so I can't even link you to it.

But I guess that pretty much says it all on why you don't have a case and why I can't take your argument seriously, doesn't it?

Republicans tend to be hostile towards Muslims, just look at all the hate you guys have towards them

I'm not a Republican, and I harbor no hate for them, period, full stop.

of course they favor a party over the one that hates them and is bigoted to them. That doesn’t mean they agree with the party they favor.

Because Muslims typically aren’t liberals and they don’t hold liberal views. Or are you saying the majority of Muslim religion is for gay marriage? Explain if you can. You cons are always yelling us how the Muslim religion preaches hate. Make up your minds.

You should read the Pew research article.

I've also never once called myself a "conservative," nor have I ever, let alone "always," said that Islam preaches hate.

You, however, seem to be rather comfortable with your own prejudices, as quick as you are to ascribe terrible things to someone based only on the group you think they belong to.

In other words, not only are we okay with confusing anti-colonialism with anti-Semitism, we're also going to deny that racists on your side "have support", but obviously when a Progressive Congresswoman says something you don't like then those "anti-Semites" automatically "have support." Have you ever looked into the term "special pleading" is?

It's funny, because I was about to link you to Nizkor, an online compendium of logical fallacies, and point out the irony of me needing to link you to an online compendium written by Holocaust survivers about why you shouldn't equivocating anti-Semites with people critical of Israel. Nizkor editors wrote about logical fallacies (e.g. special pleading) to combat the ones used by Nazis used to demonize Jews --so that things like the Holocaust never happen again. But actually, it turns out that Nizkor right now is blacklisted by Google after a months-long Alt-Right campaign to falsely report Nizkor as having malware, so I can't even link you to it.

But I guess that pretty much says it all on why you don't have a case and why I can't take your argument seriously, doesn't it?

I believe the Holocaust happened. I believe the few dozen nazi/KKK members in the US are idiots. What more can I say?

I'm not a Republican, and I harbor no hate for them, period, full stop.

You should read the Pew research article.

I've also never once called myself a "conservative," nor have I ever, let alone "always," said that Islam preaches hate.

You, however, seem to be rather comfortable with your own prejudices, as quick as you are to ascribe terrible things to someone based only on the group you think they belong to.

Nope I don’t hate Muslims but just like I know the majority of Catholics aren’t for gay marriage I know The majority of Muslims aren’t for gay marriage or most liberal positions.

I believe the Holocaust happened. I believe the few dozen nazi/KKK members in the US are idiots. What more can I say?

You don't want to admit that the Alt-Right has incredible power over the conservative movement, that they are very organized, and that there's a lot of them. You're allowed to feel that way, but don't turn around and pretend like the Left are the "real racists." Not only is this is an alt-Right talking point (so you're literally helping them push out their message, and help them camouflage their racism --go you!) but secondly because it's complete nonsense. In absolutely none of your argument have you in any way substantiated your claim that the Left is deeply or that there's widespread sympathies to anti-Semitism in the Left.

The sad thing is that you could at least bother to point to actual anti-Semites like Louis Farrakhan, who 99% of the Left hates, but you haven't even put in that must effort into your argument.

Nope I don’t hate Muslims but just like I know the majority of Catholics aren’t for gay marriage I know The majority of Muslims aren’t for gay marriage or most liberal positions.

I guess that's what you'll keep thinking.

Muslims don't believe in gay marriage or LGBT rights, a corner stone of liberals. Show us where Muslims are identifying as liberals. Again, you just display more ignorance dude.

I assume Muslims may identify as liberals in the US because conservative presidents have talked about banning them, killing their families, held Muslims without charge or trial, and mistreated them in prison.

I assume Muslims may identify as liberals in the US because conservative presidents have talked about banning them, killing their families, held Muslims without charge or trial, and mistreated them in prison.

Well it says favor the Dems that isn’t the same as identifying as liberals.

Show me where the majority support gay marriage. You have yet to do that.

I didn't say they did.

But you can read the Pew article. If you want to.

So then they aren’t liberals.

:roll:

They can't be liberals if a sufficient nu.ber of them don't hold a position that not even Barack Obama did until 2012?

I'm sorry, I cannot agree this. I've had huge disagreements with Apocalypse - usually when an idiot ex-poster used to post here and we clarified our differences without ever getting into my being called an anti-semite. For me, I would be about as passionate in defence of my homeland if others were knowingly holding it to double standards or suggesting its destruction.

I've surfed through enough of this toxic thread to page 14 and not going any further - but I have to say this, put yourselves into his shoes and place to understand why he does and should defend the right of his country to exist. No other citizens of another country have to justify their country's existence and he shouldn't have to.
I'm tired and probably not making much sense - certainly doesn't sound like I am. G'night.

Literally nobody here, at least of the two of us you quoted, have said Israel doesn't have a right to exist or held it to some double standard. I hold all nations to the same standard. He will call you an anti semite for saying Israel should coexist and treat their neighbors with respect.

You are right about one thing though, you're not making any god damn sense and should go to bed. You're making up things neither of us have said and can't provide a single quote even suggesting we "called for its destruction". Not a shred of honesty in you.

Last edited:
Literally nobody here, at least of the two of us you quoted, have said Israel doesn't have a right to exist ~

You missed the point of what I was saying because that was not something I accused either of you of.

Math must not be your strong suit then.

I prefer that accusation to being a rabid liar.

You missed the point of what I was saying because that was not something I accused either of you of.

Go on IC, prove that you're not what you accuse me of being.

Can probably count the number of your threads closed in the thousands

Where are these 'thousands' of closed threads?

I'm sorry, I cannot agree this. I've had huge disagreements with Apocalypse - usually when an idiot ex-poster used to post here and we clarified our differences without ever getting into my being called an anti-semite. For me, I would be about as passionate in defence of my homeland if others were knowingly holding it to double standards or suggesting its destruction.

I've surfed through enough of this toxic thread to page 14 and not going any further - but I have to say this, put yourselves into his shoes and place to understand why he does and should defend the right of his country to exist. No other citizens of another country have to justify their country's existence and he shouldn't have to.
I'm tired and probably not making much sense - certainly doesn't sound like I am. G'night.

sorry, but if I read the thread and the accusations to the posters who all have an agenda of humanity in most of their posts (with one exeption) from a poster who is very aggressive and has no agenda of humanity, I´m out of compassion. I always try to wear the shoes, but I also wanna wear the shoes of the other people living there and that makes me anti semite...

Then why did you quote us to tell us that? German and I were both noting how literally any disagreement one has with Apocalypse, even on something totally mundane, will lead to him calling you an anti-semite. That is simply his thing. Why would you try to call us out and defend him with "he has a right to defend his country"?

Apocalypse doesn't even accept the Palestinian'right to exist and believes his racial background gives him the right to strip their land from them. You're defending an extremist against two people (German and I) who believe both sides have a right to exist and that they should learn to cooperate and stop dividing people up by race and religion.

Here is an interesting article on anti-semitism and its most recent variations. It also claims that anti-semitism is being forced to constantly rebrand itself in the West because it is under constant attack by most just societies. The article also shows that violent attacks against Jews globally are not trending upward and that institutionalised anti-semitism in the west is way down. The article also addresses the allegations that anti-semitism is being promoted by left-wing or right-wing ideologies or world views.

https://www.economist.com/international/2018/11/01/jew-hatred-keeps-mutating-to-survive

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

I usually stay out of the I/P forum. Due to the rules however, I had to place there a thread about the murder of a Palestinian nurse by an Israeli sniper.

It's not controversial, and the NYT actually created a video visually demonstrating precisely what occurred. Despite all the evidence, Apocalypse refuses to admit that this was, at the least, Reckless Homicide by the sniper.

In have no dog in the I/P saga, and only rarely post about such things. But I thought it was telling that Apoc wouldn't even admit that an unnecessary shooting occurred that day.

The Anti--Defamation League (ADL) ha this to say about anti-semitism in more recent history:

In the half-century since World War II, public anti-Semitism has become much less frequent in the Western world. While stereotypes about Jews remain common, Jews face little physical danger. The hatred of Jewishness and the conspiracy beliefs of past eras are for the most part shared only by tiny numbers of those on the fringes of society (although as the World Trade Center and Oklahoma bombings showed, even a handful of extremists can carry out acts of great violence). There are exceptions, of course: disagreement over policy toward the State of Israel has created opportunities in which the expression "Zionist" — support for Israel as the Jewish homeland — is often used as an anti-Semitic code word for "Jew" in mainstream debate. Holocaust denial and other recent re-writings of history — such as the false claim that Jews controlled the Atlantic slave trade — lie about the events of the past in order to make Jews seem underhanded and evil.

More seriously, many nations in Europe and in the former Soviet empire are struggling, mostly due to unsettled or chaotic economic and social conditions, with movements opposing "foreigners" — including recent immigrants and traditional enemies. These movements champion racial or national supremacy, and call for the type of charismatic, authoritarian leader that historically persecuted Jews and other minorities.

https://www.adl.org/anti-semitism

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Moderator's Warning:
Closed for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom