• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another sign of the decline of civilization in the USA

When you've seen the aftermath of as many of these sorts of assaults that DIDN'T turn out even as well as this one did... you really start to lose any sympathy for the scumbags. When you've known how many of these scumbags just go on and on getting away with stuff, it is hard not to start thinking that it would be better if they were all killed in the act.

In reality I am normally a rather gentle person, but threats to family or children turns me into a red eyed monster.

In reality I'm generally not a gentle person when it comes to danger and instead tend to go phobicly proactive violent for the purpose of disabling the person(s) poising the danger. However, my actions are not out of anger or rage, rather out of conditioned instinct - and increasingly I'm getting that reactive nature under control.

My wife in this situation, due to the danger to her child, plus herself and I, would have gone into an extreme furious rage including for retaliation, for which if the driver (I) had been pulled out, she would have jumped into the front seat and furiously crushed as many bikers and bikes as she could - even running them down to do it. For the danger to her child she would have gone totally berserk in the most destructive ways she possible could find. She's a notably calm, calculating, deliberate person that is highly skilled at sidestepping conflicts - for which people think she is a very passive omega personality. But she is actually an extreme alpha personality and her calmness is a combination of total calculated apathy. BUT if her fuse is lite everyone it might towards better run.

I do share you view - and often express it - that there are people - particularly some men - that I believe the world is better off without. They will continually bring various degrees of misery to people all their lives, prevented of course if first that man somehow ceases to exist.

What the video shows is how FAST violence can befall a person and few people are emotionally prepared to react fast enough or correctly. He should have stopped well BEFORE being boxed in the front. He should have... but I suspect that everyone in that Rover was in a full panic not believing what was happening as it made no sense whatsoever. Violent assaults and road rage attacks rarely do.

The last time I faced a road rager was on a icy snowy past-midnight on an empty urban road in the projects of Chicago. Apparently he thought I had cut him off or something. I was in a 6,000 rusty old Lincoln. My response to his roadrage was to promptly side rammed his vehicle into the back of a parked delivery truck at about 45 mph. Problem solved.

The driver of the Rover didn't over-react. He under-reacted. And the family terrorized and his face and body slashed as a result.

I saw the video, and as I stated before, there's a lot missing in this situation. Who started it? Who provoked who? Who was the aggressor here? What you can see in the video, is the guy mowing folks down. This wasn't a controlled, steady pace forward to avoid confrontation....he gunned it. There was intent for harm.

Maybe some biker deserved it. God knows the jackholes on their crotch rockets here in my town are belligerent little douchbags, but perhaps there's something more to this story.

You mean when his vehicle was surrounded and under attack? Yeah, that's when he gunned it.

You all probably saw the story yesterday about a group of bikers terrorizing a family on the Henry Hudson Parkway in NYC yesterday but now the mother of one of the bikers is having her say -

You think the driver is at fault? Let me tell you something, sweetheart, your precious little hoodlum got EXACTLY what he deserved! This group of thugs your boy was running with were terrorizing a young man and his family. How the hell would you feel if a gang of 50 or more bikers tried to stop you in the middle of the freeway? Would you fear for your life and that of your toddler and wife?

The driver in that Range Rover, no matter what his income, had every right to be scared of your kid and his crew and he did EXACTLY what he should have in getting the hell out of there. It's not his fault that your kid decided to play road guard.

Un-freaking-believable.

How about a little "I'm sorry that I raised a punk who ran with a bunch of other punks who get their rocks off by terrorizing citizens and while it breaks my heart that my kid got hurt I also understand that it was his decision that put him in the position that caused all of this."

1 biker charged, another critical in NYC Range Rover chase - U.S. News

I saw the video, I didn't see anything defending the Range Rover. It rear ended a bike, and then instead of stopping for cops they took off, running over MORE people and eventually got cornered in traffic. Mob justice ain't right, but neither is running people over. There needs to be an investigation, but they claimed things like they flattened the tires and blah, but if you look at the video it didn't appear to be the case.

In the end, don't run over people. A motorcycle may be more dangerous, but most people don't take kindly to deadly force used against them and oft will respond in kind.

You mean when his vehicle was surrounded and under attack? Yeah, that's when he gunned it.

It wasn't under attack, it was surrounded as many times cars will leave a scene if possible. The initial bunching was because in a group of motorcyclists one of their own was rear ended by the SUV. But if you watch the video, there's no evidence that at that point there was any threat other than the other motorcyclists pulled over and around the SUV. That man then decided to RUN OVER MORE PEOPLE, which is what incited the chase.

I can't believe there is violence in modern America. We are truly declining from our history of peace and harmony.

The gang attacked him and his family. The artical said that the gang had boxed in the vehicle took off their helmets and struck the vehicle repeatedly putting dents in the vehicle then slashing tires.

They attacked this family. They are likely a street gang. Lord knows their ultimate goal rob them, rape the woman and the girl.

I would have done exactly the same thing.

And if you run over a motorcyclist, you better hope his buddies are as kind as this dude's friends.

I saw the video, I didn't see anything defending the Range Rover. It rear ended a bike, and then instead of stopping for cops they took off, running over MORE people and eventually got cornered in traffic. Mob justice ain't right, but neither is running people over. There needs to be an investigation, but they claimed things like they flattened the tires and blah, but if you look at the video it didn't appear to be the case.

In the end, don't run over people. A motorcycle may be more dangerous, but most people don't take kindly to deadly force used against them and oft will respond in kind.

What video did you watch? You didn't see the whole group approach the SUV and then one guy pulls up next to the Rover and he seems to say something then moves in front and brake checks the SUV?

I'm not saying that nothing happened prior to when the video started but it sure looks like the Rover is just cruising along and gets attacked to me.

What video did you watch? You didn't see the whole group approach the SUV and then one guy pulls up next to the Rover and he seems to say something then moves in front and brake checks the SUV?

I'm not saying that nothing happened prior to when the video started but it sure looks like the Rover is just cruising along and gets attacked to me.

It wasn't a brake check, he did slow down, but he was turned towards his other buddies and his brake light doesn't come on. He let off the throttle. Dude behind him ran him down. The entire group stops, the dude pounds the gas and runs over even more people and runs off for 6 minutes without blown tires or any of it.

Are you sure YOU watched the video?

As I said it needs to be investigated, but this could easily be a privileged jerk not liking all the bikes on the road and not having any regard for the safety of anyone else. Y'all want to jump on the motorcyclists, but all the things people are claiming don't seem to be present in the video.

I saw the video. I think the guy on the motorcycle acted inappropriately by getting in front of the guy and braking in front of him, as that is not only dangerous to both the cyclist and the guy in the SUV, but everyone around. I think emotions sparked and the cyclist pulled the tough guy routine because he had 30 of his friends with him which is what usually happens when you have 30 of your friends who you'll know will back you up even if you're in the wrong. It's not being a "thug" it's called cowards running in packs. The cyclist was wrong in his reaction and his comrades were wrong in keeping it going. How many times does this kind of stuff happen? Quite a bit. But I wonder if we would hold the same position of "thuggery" if this happened to an Hell's Angel, or a Mongol.

It wasn't a brake check, he did slow down, but he was turned towards his other buddies and his brake light doesn't come on. He let off the throttle. Dude behind him ran him down. The entire group stops, the dude pounds the gas and runs over even more people and runs off for 6 minutes without blown tires or any of it.

As I said it needs to be investigated, but this could easily be a privileged jerk not liking all the bikes on the road and not having any regard for the safety of anyone else. Y'all want to jump on the motorcyclists, but all the things people are claiming don't seem to be present in the video.

Oh judging by your post I think I need to watch the video again

The Rover did hit the guy first though....

And if you run over a motorcyclist, you better hope his buddies are as kind as this dude's friends.

Being that they had attacked unprovoked I would say they are anything but kind. Slashing tires could have caused the vehicle to wreck. That scum should be thanking their lucky starts they didn't corner me and my family they would be going to funerals.

Ikari is correct, the guy did not brake, just slow down

Ikari is correct, the guy did not brake, just slow down

If the gangsters simply called the police instead of weighing out vigilante justice attacking a father while he has his baby in the car the bastards wouldn't have got their fellow gangster hurt.

Someone attacks my family they are going to lose.

Being that they had attacked unprovoked I would say they are anything but kind. Slashing tires could have caused the vehicle to wreck. That scum should be thanking their lucky starts they didn't corner me and my family they would be going to funerals.

No offense but there were like 30 bikers....Unless you had a small platoon with you along with some weapons I think you'd be outnumbered...Just a thought.

If the gangsters simply called the police instead of weighing out vigilante justice attacking a father while he has his baby in the car the bastards wouldn't have got their fellow gangster hurt.

Someone attacks my family they are going to lose.

So you feel that the bikers should ignore an attack on one of their friends, but think that the bikers responding to an attack deserve to be run down?

I would have killed as many as I could without being too obvious. Obviously, this was a gentler man than I am.

Agreed. As I watched it I shouted, "Why isn't he swerving and slamming into the ****ing bikers chasing him, his wife and his little child!!!!!!!!!!!"

Because I ****ing would have.

No offense but there were like 30 bikers....Unless you had a small platoon with you along with some weapons I think you'd be outnumbered...Just a thought.

I carry a pistol that holds 18 rounds, I don't think a gang of bikers would let me walk away anyway. Especially when they find my badge. But i could take at least some of them out.

I wouldn't let them just execute me because they out number me. It would be a fight to the death. But that is the training I received with my department. you go into this knowing you are going to die.

I carry a pistol that holds 18 rounds, I don't think a gang of bikers would let me walk away anyway. Especially when they find my badge. But i could take at least some of them out.

I wouldn't let them just execute me because they out number me. It would be a fight to the death. But that is the training I received with my department. you go into this knowing you are going to die.

Now that I respect

Agreed. As I watched it I shouted, "Why isn't he swerving and slamming into the ****ing bikers chasing him, his wife and his little child!!!!!!!!!!!"

Because I ****ing would have.

yeeeeeeeeep

put me and my daughter in the car and im confronted by these idiots beating on my car, threatening me slashing my tires etc there plenty less of them.

I can see both sides.

#1 As a motorcyclist, I absolutely cannot stand these children and their little crotch-rockets, and the inflated egos they provide. If they actually DID start this whole thing, then yeah...I don't have a problem with the guy escaping the situation, even if these punks tried to block his way.

#2. If the punks didn't start it, and the guy acted irrationally, then yeah...go ahead and trash his car.

I don't think we know the whole story, anyway. Something's amiss.

What would have constituted the guy acting irrationally? What justifies attacking (trashing) his car? What if he cut them off on purpose, they attacked him as tehy did and his wife or child got hurt or killed? What they should have done is call the ****ing cops. I think that they should all be jailed and booked for every law they broke and a couple of those guys should be taken out back and shot. Literally.

So you feel that the bikers should ignore an attack on one of their friends, but think that the bikers responding to an attack deserve to be run down?

Being that they are not a police force they should have called the police. Anarchy can't be tolerated. If the driver was in the wrong then he would be held responsible.

**** gangsters.

Being that they are not a police force they should have called the police. Anarchy can't be tolerated. If the driver was in the wrong then he would be held responsible.

I would have opened fire.

In one case you are against vigilantism

The next you suggest killing plenty of people

Back
Top Bottom