• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another couple of rough days in court for Kari Lake

Added comments by Newsweek about her chances in the court of appeals.

Legal experts say Lake will face an even tougher task in the court of appeals and that her chances of overturning the judge's ruling are "slim, if not none."

"She's got a lot of work to do to try to make [her] argument and, and I'm unpersuaded she can pull it off," David Schultz, election law expert and professor at Hamline University, told Newsweek.

Attorney Norman Eisen told Newsweek that he predicts Lake will "fail again on appeal because, contrary to her wild election denialism and outrageous allegations, there is no reason to question the outcome."

"She clearly lost,"
Eisen said.

I don't think this is about Kari's legal battle, but more an attempt to keep her name in the national spotlight.

Which is really, really working!

It's a civil case without much consequence if she's wrong and loses. So, why not spend that campaign $ on keeping her name on the internet? I've learned that when a politician actually DOES something, it's almost always with not much downside and always to their benefit.

Except Trump as he was the most generous, honest and compassionate president the nation ever had.

I don't think this is about Kari's legal battle, but more an attempt to keep her name in the national spotlight.

Which is really, really working!

It's a civil case without much consequence if she's wrong and loses. So, why not spend that campaign $ on keeping her name on the internet? I've learned that when a politician actually DOES something, it's almost always with not much downside and always to their benefit.

Except Trump as he was the most generous, honest and compassionate president the nation ever had.
Sounds about right. In fact, it's not only about keeping her name/mug in the news daily, but it's her added dog whistles along with DJT's dog whistles that elections were stolen and attention - attention all nutty domestic terror militias, stand by for assaults on potential national targets round deux. imo

If her appeal lawyers come to appeals court as unarmed as they came to the original trial court they absolutely have no chance.
Bingo!! From where we're sitting, her lawyers doesn't have actual proof to arm themselves with. What her team has are bent darts and blindfolds hoping to barely stick the edges of the dart board. imo

When does she start her new job at Fox news?
As if FOX could get any more tedious.

"Coming up on 'Kari's Korner,' I begin with part 1 of a 12 part series of how I was cheated of the AZ governorship. This hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism will expose the dark underbelly of the Deep State machinations that denied me my rightful seat of power and will easily earn me a wholly justified Pulitzer were it not for all the world being rigged against me. Stay tuned!"

As if FOX could get any more tedious.

"Coming up on 'Kari's Korner,' I begin with part 1 of a 12 part series of how I was cheated of the AZ governorship. This hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism will expose the dark underbelly of the Deep State machinations that denied me my rightful seat of power and will easily earn me a wholly justified Pulitzer were it not for all the world being rigged against me. Stay tuned!"
If the small fake hand of Mar-a-Lago lets go of her, Fox for crybabies may be her only refuge after AZ pushes her away.

“It’s done in Arizona,” said Arizona Republican consultant Chuck Coughlin.

“I think the enormous amount of ill will that she’s going to create as a result of the appeal — I mean, it’s OK to file a case, but then some of the stuff she’s been saying on media and posts and just the degradation of the Arizona institutions — I think is really going to hurt her out here,” Coughlin added. “And I don’t really think she’s got a future in terms of her own electoral space here in Arizona.”

If the small fake hand of Mar-a-Lago lets go of her, Fox for crybabies may be her only refuge after AZ pushes her away.

“It’s done in Arizona,” said Arizona Republican consultant Chuck Coughlin.

“I think the enormous amount of ill will that she’s going to create as a result of the appeal — I mean, it’s OK to file a case, but then some of the stuff she’s been saying on media and posts and just the degradation of the Arizona institutions — I think is really going to hurt her out here,” Coughlin added. “And I don’t really think she’s got a future in terms of her own electoral space here in Arizona.”
There's only so many times Trumpists can dip into the well of victimhood and not exhaust the patience of listeners.

There's only so many times Trumpists can dip into the well of victimhood and not exhaust the patience of listeners.
That "victimhood" appears to have turned in a fantasy driven denialism syndrome. Thank goodness for us sane responsible folks' ability to prevent a sick evil cultist from Mar-a-Lago with tapping into our psyche unlike the case with Kari Lake.

In his biting column, Montini indicated that it is unclear if Lake really thinks she won or is playing a part much like her avid supporter Donald Trump who still insists the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him.

As the columnist wrote after the former TV personality boasted to an interviewer that she is the "real governor, the duly-elected governor,” "The failed Republican candidate for Arizona governor, Kari Lake, has spent a lot of time hobnobbing at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump’s personal Disneyland, and she seems to have fallen completely under the spell of the enraptured proselytes who populate the former president’s conspiracy driven Shangri-la," before adding, "Lake used to reside in the real world, the one where facts are facts and events that happen actually, you know, happen."

"Now, however, I’m not sure in what imaginary realm Lake believes herself to dwell," he proposed.

That "victimhood" appears to have turned in a fantasy driven denialism syndrome. Thank goodness for us sane responsible folks' ability to prevent a sick evil cultist from Mar-a-Lago with tapping into our psyche unlike the case with Kari Lake.

In his biting column, Montini indicated that it is unclear if Lake really thinks she won or is playing a part much like her avid supporter Donald Trump who still insists the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him.

As the columnist wrote after the former TV personality boasted to an interviewer that she is the "real governor, the duly-elected governor,” "The failed Republican candidate for Arizona governor, Kari Lake, has spent a lot of time hobnobbing at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump’s personal Disneyland, and she seems to have fallen completely under the spell of the enraptured proselytes who populate the former president’s conspiracy driven Shangri-la," before adding, "Lake used to reside in the real world, the one where facts are facts and events that happen actually, you know, happen."

"Now, however, I’m not sure in what imaginary realm Lake believes herself to dwell," he proposed.
$he'$ faking it, with a much bigger prize in her $ight$.

The $ad thing i$ how ridiculou$ $he i$ making her$elf look pur$uing it. Her hu$band and kid$ $hould be embarra$$ed.

Last edited:
Aww shucks Kari, it doesn't appear that the state's supreme court really cares about your big lie promotion. lol

On Wednesday, the state's high court again declined to hear Lake's case.

Y’all got it wrong.

This is really another win for Karen Lake.

WW

Y’all got it wrong.

This is really another win for Karen Lake.

WW
Puts her that much closer to emulating her MAGAT OVERLORD in terms of lost court attempts to overturn a legitimate election. They have more in common with every legal defeat Kari "Karen" Lake suffers.

She lost her appeal, she continues fundraising efforts.

"An Arizona court has shot down Kari Lake’s election challenge appeal, writing that “that voters were able to cast their ballots, that votes were counted correctly, and that no other basis justifies setting aside the election results.”

and one of her latest Tweets:
"BREAKING: I told you we would take this case all the way to the Arizona Supreme Court, and that's exactly what we are going to do. Buckle up, America

Buckle Up, Lake supporters, prepare to give her more of your money to continue the fight.

Lake is doing her best to damage Arizona. What a terrible possible leader.

Buckle Up, Lake supporters, prepare to give her more of your money to continue the fight.

Lake is doing her best to damage Arizona. What a terrible possible leader.
Speaking of money, doesn't all of her appeals cost her money and if so, does anyone know how much? Now, she's trying to get the AZ Supreme Court to side with her.

In a filing Wednesday, Lake’s attorneys focused on problems with ballot printers at some polling places in Maricopa County, which is home to more than 60% of the state’s voters.

They alleged chaos created by the technical problems had disenfranchised Republican voters. They claimed the chain of custody for ballots was broken at an off-site facility and that the Arizona Court of Appeals applied the wrong standard of proof in deciding Lake’s challenge.

Maricopa County officials declined to comment Wednesday on Lake’s appeal. They have previously said everyone who experienced problems with ballot printers had a chance to vote.

In rejecting her appeal two weeks ago, the state Court of Appeals said the only thing Lake had in backing up her claims about the tabulator problems was “sheer speculation.”

Speaking of money, doesn't all of her appeals cost her money and if so, does anyone know how much? Now, she's trying to get the AZ Supreme Court to side with her.

In a filing Wednesday, Lake’s attorneys focused on problems with ballot printers at some polling places in Maricopa County, which is home to more than 60% of the state’s voters.

They alleged chaos created by the technical problems had disenfranchised Republican voters. They claimed the chain of custody for ballots was broken at an off-site facility and that the Arizona Court of Appeals applied the wrong standard of proof in deciding Lake’s challenge.

Maricopa County officials declined to comment Wednesday on Lake’s appeal. They have previously said everyone who experienced problems with ballot printers had a chance to vote.

In rejecting her appeal two weeks ago, the state Court of Appeals said the only thing Lake had in backing up her claims about the tabulator problems was “sheer speculation.”

It is my understanding Lake is financing the lawsuit through donations she has collected and certain political action committees

In the Lake trails her own witness admitted that the ballots with tabulation issues were eventually counted, so voter was disinfranchised.

Back
Top Bottom