• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another couple of rough days in court for Kari Lake

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This should be the last bogus court case that puts the last nail in her political coffin v Katie Hobbs. (y)

Judge Peter Thompson dismissed eight of her claims and narrowed the two he allowed to go forward. Lake's legal team can't just prove that there was fraud in the election, they must establish that someone intentionally interfered and that the result changed because of it.

Former federal prosecutor Michael McAuliffe told Newsweek that rather than establishing any intentional misconduct, the evidence presented simply showed that local election officials addressed the issues from Election Day "in a competent, transparent manner."

"At best, the evidence reveals that elections are administered by actual people using real machines––but that's no surprise," McAuliffe said. "The court likely will rule in a timely manner and clear the way for the state to certify the election results."

Maga Republicans and election conspiracy theories vs "whack-a-mole".................. At least the carnival game makes some basic sense.

@Mycroft will set us straight and remind us that the Globalists, corrupt DOJ, corrupt election officials, and leftist judges are all at fault for this ruling.
I'll wait for the ruling, but for sure, I expect the court to make up some kind of bullshit ruling. After all, that's what they did with the other eight counts.

I'll wait for the ruling, but for sure, I expect the court to make up some kind of bullshit ruling. After all, that's what they did with the other eight counts.
Would love to see you have to explain that assertion to the judge in court. Maybe you could bring out all the evidence that Lake obviously forgot to present?? But, Social Media is a safe place for all those strong, manly statements isn't it.

Would love to see you have to explain that assertion to the judge in court. Maybe you could bring out all the evidence that Lake obviously forgot to present?? But, Social Media is a safe place for all those strong, manly statements isn't it.
Here's Lake's take on the court proceedings.

Now tell us why the rulings were bullshit. Be specific. See you in never.

I think Karen Lake accomplished what she set out to do with the lawsuit...
(Have her case function as a job interview for the VP slot on Trump's ticket.)

WW

Funny how it's always bullshit and/or a deep state conspiracy when it doesn't go your way.

Like a kid who blames the refs every time his team loses.

Don't you find that a little childish?

OK. Watched what Lake had to say. Basically, she is right and the judge was wrong. She should of got up and said that in court, although the judge might have found that 'in contempt'.

Nothing she said was any more than the standard response of someone who lost a court case where they failed to present credible evidence to support their claims. That is one of the big learnings of all the election fraud claims - most of the claims made freely in social media or on partisan media shows either never get taken to court, or fail the test of credible evidence in court. Usually with the judge having scathing comments about the 'cr@p' being suggested as credible evidence. And that's regardless of who appointed the judge and which political leaning they favor. Actually restores a little faith in the judiciary given the horrors of the current SCOTUS decision making.

This should be the last bogus court case that puts the last nail in her political coffin v Katie Hobbs. (y)
Judge Peter Thompson dismissed eight of her claims and narrowed the two he allowed to go forward. Lake's legal team can't just prove that there was fraud in the election, they must establish that someone intentionally interfered and that the result changed because of it.
Former federal prosecutor Michael McAuliffe told Newsweek that rather than establishing any intentional misconduct, the evidence presented simply showed that local election officials addressed the issues from Election Day "in a competent, transparent manner."
"At best, the evidence reveals that elections are administered by actual people using real machines––but that's no surprise," McAuliffe said. "The court likely will rule in a timely manner and clear the way for the state to certify the election results."
1671851954865.png

When will MAGATS figure out that they need to come to court with E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E rather than speculations and baseless allegations and spurious conspiracy contentions?

MAGA, figure something, anything out?

Lol

Funny how it's always bullshit and/or a deep state conspiracy when it doesn't go your way.

Like a kid who blames the refs every time his team loses.

Don't you find that a little childish?
It's relentless and unrelenting for the hard core Magas.

The Triumph of The Will in America.

The hard core won't stop -- never.

Until they are stopped as stopped they will be.

No, you are very wrong.

That is not at all what happened to those other 8 counts the loser Lake's lawyers filed.

What happened to the other 8 counts, the loser Lake's lawyers tried to pass on to the court, was that they were rightly DISMISSED, by the Right Wing judge, for just cause, only after Judge Peter Thompson had given them their due legal consideration.

<snipped>
Really irrelevant for to be giving her obviously skewed and super biased take on the proceedings.

She is the one that is making up bullshit to plead her case in the court of public opinion.

She and her attorney's failed to bring any evidence to the trial.

There is only one way, in my opinion, that Lake wins in the judge's ruling, that is if the honorable Judge Peter Thompson tosses all sanity of his and sanctity of the law onto the dung heap of miscarriages of justice with a ruling in Lake's favor because of his thinking he is beholding to the Republican party.

But I just don't see that happening.

I think Karen Lake accomplished what she set out to do with the lawsuit...
(Have her case function as a job interview for the VP slot on Trump's ticket.)

WW
The Florida Man needs a VP who won't acxcept defeat.
Oh Oh, Congress just passed a law that the VP's role in certifying election results is purely ceremonial.

Now tell us why the rulings were bullshit. Be specific. See you in never.
Only via his inexpert opinion might he tell us that; versus the judge and expert telling us the contrary.

Really irrelevant for to be giving her obviously skewed and super biased take on the proceedings.

She is the one that is making up bullshit to plead her case in the court of public opinion.

She and her attorney's failed to bring any evidence to the trial.

There is only one way, in my opinion, that Lake wins in the judge's ruling, that is if the honorable Judge Peter Thompson tosses all sanity of his and sanctity of the law onto the dung heap of miscarriages of justice with a ruling in Lake's favor because of his thinking he is beholding to the Republican party.

But I just don't see that happening.
There's no way she could get it switched to Judge Cannon's jurisdiction? Wrong state?

Only via his inexpert opinion might he tell us that; versus the judge and expert telling us the contrary.
It's the Trump Idiocracy.

Magas need the Trump Idiocracy.

Abolishing all standards, education, expertise while downgrading intelligence is the only way they can make it.

Still waiting for Lake to turn over the "evidence" of fraud from the Primary election in which she won. She has never said specifically what the evidence is. She will not tell the "fake" news media. She has yet to turn it over to any law enforcement agency or the State AG (Republican).

Lake has demonstrated her total lack of knowledge to Arizona election laws.
- The County Board of Supervisors manage and run the elections in their counties.
- County Board of Supervisors are to approve the canvass of their election by certain dates set by law. The SOS Hobbs asked three County BOS to comply with the law.
- Lake seems to not understand that it was Republicans who wrote the current election laws, it is Republicans who manage and oversee the elections.

The Judge was correct in throwing out 8/10 of the charges in the lawsuit.

Back
Top Bottom