• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another couple of rough days in court for Kari Lake

Lake was at Trump’s golf motel recently stating that she won by 400-500K votes.

The judge did not agree!

Lake's own coup attempt in Arizona has failed.

As predictable and foreseen.

She claimed she won by 500,000 votes according to news reports. Lake isn't drained yet cause she says she will appeal.

It's a part of the Maga Triumph of The Will campaign in America. They'll never stop. Until they are stopped.

This should be the last bogus court case that puts the last nail in her political coffin v Katie Hobbs. (y)

Judge Peter Thompson dismissed eight of her claims and narrowed the two he allowed to go forward. Lake's legal team can't just prove that there was fraud in the election, they must establish that someone intentionally interfered and that the result changed because of it.

Former federal prosecutor Michael McAuliffe told Newsweek that rather than establishing any intentional misconduct, the evidence presented simply showed that local election officials addressed the issues from Election Day "in a competent, transparent manner."

"At best, the evidence reveals that elections are administered by actual people using real machines––but that's no surprise," McAuliffe said. "The court likely will rule in a timely manner and clear the way for the state to certify the election results."

I only read "more troubles for Kari Lake..."

My day is set, now thanks. I can, without guilt retire to my week end newspaper with a bowl of fine Sativa, kick back, knowing the world is unfolding as it should. I know it's wrong to take comfort in other's misfortunes....but **** is it ever fun!

I'll wait for the ruling, but for sure, I expect the court to make up some kind of bullshit ruling. After all, that's what they did with the other eight counts.
Why yes, the "bullshit ruling" is that she never proved her case.

“Every one of Plaintiff’s witnesses — and for that matter, Defendants’ witnesses as well — was asked about any personal knowledge of both intentional misconduct and intentional misconduct directed to impact the 2022 General Election,” Thompson wrote in his decision. “Every single witness before the Court disclaimed any personal knowledge of such misconduct. The Court cannot accept speculation or conjecture in place of clear and convincing evidence.”

Thompson pointed out that in an election contest like this one, the burden of proof is on Lake, the challenger, and that proof must be of the “most clear and conclusive character.”

Obviously Judge Peter Thompson should be impeached and disbarred and drawn and quartered for such a "bullshit ruling", can't accept speculation and conjecture in place of evidence, burden of proof on Lake, indeed!

So what evidence is LOSER Kari Lake going to use in her appeal of this ruling?

Perhaps she can use video of her at MARRED-A-LOTSO telling the crowd she won by 500,000 votes to convince folks on appeal that she should be Gov.

:ROFLMAO: (y)

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

I thought for certain the judge was going to hold his ruling until the 27th because of Christmas, but I guess there was no compelling reason whatsoever to keep from dumping that lump of coal into Lake's stocking sooner.

This should be the last bogus court case that puts the last nail in her political coffin v Katie Hobbs. (y)

Nothing bogus about it.

The court didn't contest her facts.

It simply said, we are not getting into this mess. What a coward.

Still waiting for Lake to turn over the "evidence" of fraud from the Primary election in which she won. She has never said specifically what the evidence is. She will not tell the "fake" news media. She has yet to turn it over to any law enforcement agency or the State AG (Republican).

Lake has demonstrated her total lack of knowledge to Arizona election laws.
- The County Board of Supervisors manage and run the elections in their counties.
- County Board of Supervisors are to approve the canvass of their election by certain dates set by law. The SOS Hobbs asked three County BOS to comply with the law.
- Lake seems to not understand that it was Republicans who wrote the current election laws, it is Republicans who manage and oversee the elections.

The Judge was correct in throwing out 8/10 of the charges in the lawsuit.

The fact that Republicans wrote the election laws is a stupid an argument as you'll hear anywhere.

When will MAGATS figure out that they need to come to court with E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E rather than speculations and baseless allegations and spurious conspiracy contentions?

They can't get to what they need even though the courts admit there is reason to do so.

Judge Peter Thompson dismissed eight of her claims and narrowed the two he allowed to go forward. Lake's legal team can't just prove that there was fraud in the election, they must establish that someone intentionally interfered and that the result changed because of it.

Former federal prosecutor Michael McAuliffe told Newsweek that rather than establishing any intentional misconduct, the evidence presented simply showed that local election officials addressed the issues from Election Day "in a competent, transparent manner."

"At best, the evidence reveals that elections are administered by actual people using real machines––but that's no surprise," McAuliffe said. "The court likely will rule in a timely manner and clear the way for the state to certify the election results."

The last nail has been in that coffin for weeks.
Everyone knew that but Kari Rottenkrotch I guess.

You know the answer....but for the sake of preventing any future "play dumb" posts......

The first obvious question is:

So what who wrote the laws. Are they good laws or are they not ? That is all that matters.

Second, not all republicans agree.

Your argument is, in essence, your side wrote them so your side can't question them.

Pretty stupid assertion.

Neither Stephen Richers or Katie Hobbs should have been associated with this election in any way.

Arizona election officials knew this would be a powderkeg and they should have gone to great lengths to make sure it came off squeaky clean....as in super squeaky clean.

They blew it.

I know many people who do not buy the stop the steal stuff who have lost a lot of faith in our election process.

They can't get to what they need even though the courts admit there is reason to do so.
They who? Can't get to what? The courts are always waiting for them to come with backing for their complaints. No one is blocking them from supplying proof when they say an election was stolen. It is like MAGATS are coming to courts so the courts can give them evidence in their silly suits.

Nothing bogus about it.
Everything about it was bogus.
The court didn't contest her facts.
The Lake team did not support their arguments with any facts, that is why they lost.
It simply said, we are not getting into this mess.
That is not at all what the Judge said.
What a coward.
What an idiotic statement and not in the least bit true!

You obviously didn't read any of Judge Peter Thompson's ruling.

The Judge admonished Lake's team for not brining any facts to court to support their claims.

The Judge gave them every opportunity to prove that what they said happened actually happened, no one denied Lake's legal team access to all the same information the Hobb's legal team had.

Everything about it was bogus.

The Lake team did not support their arguments with any facts, that is why they lost.

That is not at all what the Judge said.

What an idiotic statement and not in the least bit true!

You obviously didn't read any of Judge Peter Thompson's ruling.

The Judge admonished Lake's team for not brining any facts to court to support their claims.

The Judge gave them every opportunity to prove that what they said happened actually happened, no one denied Lake's legal team access to all the same information the Hobb's legal team had.
Gee, it's almost like these MAGA lawyers are gleefully taking their client's (or schlub supporters') money while giving them really crappy legal counsel.

Gee, it's almost like these MAGA lawyers are gleefully taking their client's (or schlub supporters') money while giving them really crappy legal counsel.
They don't deserve to get paid for the shitty jobs they are doing.

They don't deserve to get paid for the shitty jobs they are doing.
Of course not.

That is, if you pretend to claim integrity and abide by professional ethics.

These folks don't bother with those petty details.

I'll wait for the ruling, but for sure, I expect the court to make up some kind of bullshit ruling. After all, that's what they did with the other eight counts.
Sheeit.
Honest ruling for a bullshit, worthless, and stupid case devoid of facts.

Back
Top Bottom