• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anonymous Hackers Warn Supreme Court Against Overturning Roe vs. Wade: 'Expect Us'

Tyrannical? :LOL:

Yes, I see you have a bad case of myopia, blind to tyranny you don't think is tyranny. You could do well as one of the Chinese propagandists who goes around denying any problems with the CCP.

So which is it, are both insurrections or both keggers?

I didn't think it would be so hard for you to follow the points. The points:

1. January 6th was an insurrection.

2. Claiming this is just like January 6th is such a hopelessly ****ing stupid attempt at a *gotcha* that you should immediately quit posting on the internet.

And I am not ok with scotus having no oversight at all. Of all the courts in the land shouldn't the supreme court have some kind of ethics rules?
I am not Ok with them having no oversight either and said so in my post.

Threatening to hack them and make them pay the price is criminal.

That is not the way to handle this disaster of Supreme Court.

America is better than all this......at least it used to be.
And yet, you can't even compare how much worse it is that a massive conspiracy has successful led to the takeover of the Supreme Court by corrupt interests who will destroy important protections of our constitution for their benefit, compared to this hack threat, Why is it easier for you to get outraged over the hack threat?

And yet, you can't even compare how much worse it is that a massive conspiracy has successful led to the takeover of the Supreme Court by corrupt interests who will destroy important protections of our constitution for their benefit, compared to this hack threat, Why is it easier for you to get outraged over the hack threat?
I agree with what you said.

I also believe making criminal threats against the Supreme Court is not a good solution.

And I am not ok with scotus having no oversight at all. Of all the courts in the land shouldn't the supreme court have some kind of ethics rules?
The idea that the Supreme Court Justices are such a trusted group as to be able to self-govern could work ok, if it were just Democratic appointees involved, but there are Republicans, so doesn't work as they freely bring corruption and abuse the power. I can't think of a Democratic appointed Justice would would remotely do what Thomas is doing.

Last edited:
What about the ones who will decry it because it doesn't benefit them?

:unsure:

At any rate, they will no doubt make themselves a pain in the ass, but they can't change the court's opinion. Besides, any number of government agencies have systems isolated from the internet. No doubt they'd switch to some version of that if Anonymous had any serious effect on ability to get work done.

Then they would be hypocrites. I have been pretty firm on this tactic is a poor one to go down

I agree with what you said.

I also believe making criminal threats against the Supreme Court is not a good solution.
I understand you aren't approving of the corruption on the court.

But how does your reaction and desire to post disapproval compare between the corruption of the court, and the Anonymous threat? Why does the reaction seem stronger to the hacking?

There is a mechanism of oversight that Congress could exercise. Impeachment.

Additionally, if Congress disagrees with SCOTUS, the House could adopt a Constitutional amendment that would force a change in the high court’s calculus.

Neither is preferred, or likely, but the options exist.

I understand you aren't approving of the corruption on the court.

But how does your reaction and desire to post disapproval compare between the corruption of the court, and the Anonymous threat? Why does the reaction seem stronger to the hacking?
It isnt stronger at all. Look at the threads about the decision.

The subject of this thread though is the hackers.

It isnt stronger at all. Look at the threads about the decision.

The subject of this thread though is the hackers.
Of course there's a big reaction to the leaked opinion. But how many of the people posting against the Anonymous thread, have posted how much worse the court's corruption is?

It seems to me the hacking threat gets more reaction though it's trivial in comparison.

Of course there's a big reaction to the leaked opinion. But how many of the people posting against the Anonymous thread, have posted how much worse the court's corruption is?

It seems to me the hacking threat gets more reaction though it's trivial in comparison.
I agree that it is trivial in comparison but that doesn't make it Ok.

As for the rest of what you said, I am not sure, there are at least a half a dozen threads about the decision itself. Seems the reaction has been very strong.

Threatening to hack them and make them pay the price is criminal.

That is not the way to handle this disaster of Supreme Court.

America is better than all this......at least it used to be.
What charge would you believe a decentralized organization of individuals would be charged with?

And how does anything they said rise to a threat level?

What charge would you believe a decentralized organization of individuals would be charged with?

And how does anything they said rise to a threat level?
It would be difficult to charge them unless there was evidence leading to an individual but that doesn't make the threat any less criminal.

They literally threatened to hack them and make them pay the price. That is a criminal threat. The fact that convicting an individual for it might be unlikely, it doesn't make the threat any less criminal.

As for the rest of what you said, I am not sure, there are at least a half a dozen threads about the decision itself. Seems the reaction has been very strong.

You seem to have blinders on this, so you're replacing my comment on the court corruption with the Roe leak, so I'll repeat - two issues. 1. The draft opinion on Roe. 2. The bigger corruption of the court. There's plenty of reaction to the first, but the reaction seems stronger to the hacking threat than to the second issue of the court's corruption. I'm not talking about the Roe draft.

It would be difficult to charge them unless there was evidence leading to an individual but that doesn't make the threat any less criminal.

They literally threatened to hack them and make them pay. That is a criminal threat. The fact that convicting an individual for it might be unlikely, it doesn't make the threat any less criminal.
They didn't say that. You interpreted it that way.

They used an idiom, and said to expect us. I challenge you to find a da anywhere that feels they could convict on those words.

Sure...let's get some illegal action and violence going. That'll teach those judges not to **** with the people. Screw the Constitution.

btw, Antifa has gotten in on the action, too. Pro-abortion protests with the usual violence, blocking city streets and fighting with the police.

So twenty people? That’s what the article says.

And after dark, the traditional time the outsiders come down to start a ruckus.

Anybody know how many were right wing provocateurs? They are surprisingly common, turns out.

You seem to have blinders on this, so you're replacing my comment on the court corruption with the Roe leak, so I'll repeat - two issues. 1. The draft opinion on Roe. 2. The bigger corruption of the court. There's plenty of reaction to the first, but the reaction seems stronger to the hacking threat than to the second issue of the court's corruption. I'm not talking about the Roe draft.
Ok.

Still.

It isnt a contest. The corruption is very serious.

Threatening to hack the Supreme Court and make them pay is still a crime.

I am opposed to both.

They didn't say that. You interpreted it that way.

They used an idiom, and said to expect us. I challenge you to find a da anywhere that feels they could convict on those words.
It wasn't an interpretation it was a paraphrase.

An accurate one.

Here is the actual quote.

“Repealing Roe v Wade isn't going to go the way SCOTUS or the GOP thinks it's going to go. Play with fire, get burned. Don't say we didn't warn you,” the hacking collective wrote. “Expect us.”

That is a threat. A crime. And wrong.

KEY POINTS​

• An initial draft majority opinion showed five justices may be ready to repeal Roe v. Wade
  • 'Play with fire, get burned. Don't say we didn't warn you,' Anonymous warns the Supreme Court
  • Chief Justice John Roberts will investigate how the draft opinion was leaked
Hacking collective Anonymous has warned the U.S. Supreme Court against striking down the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, adding that it may “get burned” if it does so.

In a Twitter post published Tuesday, Anonymous said the Supreme Court and Republicans should “expect” some type of retaliation should they repeal Roe v. Wade decision. The landmark decision was made in 1973 when the Supreme Court ruled that governments lacked the power to prohibit abortions and that it was a woman’s right to terminate her pregnancy in the first three months of pregnancy.

“Repealing Roe v Wade isn't going to go the way SCOTUS or the GOP thinks it's going to go. Play with fire, get burned. Don't say we didn't warn you,” the hacking collective wrote. “Expect us.”

snip

I don't like anyone threatening anyone.

I have always liked anonymous and the important work they do.

They shouldn't be threatening any Supreme Court judge. It doesn't matter what that judge does or says. Everyone has a right to speak freely. No one has the right to threaten anyone.

My opinion is that it's stupid to tell people what you're going to do before you do it.

Anonymous should have just had some patience and waited until the formal ruling is released then do whatever it is they would have done.

Although, anonymous doesn't need to do much of anything. The sane women and men of our nation will do it at the ballot box. If the Supreme Court wants to send it back to the states, the sane people of the states will vote out all those anti choice politicians and replace them with sane pro choice politicians.

If anonymous has information about the Supreme Court that the people of our nation needs to know, they should just release it. Stop protecting the court from whatever anonymous has. It shouldn't be conditional. The truth should never be conditional.

Sure...let's get some illegal action and violence going. That'll teach those judges not to **** with the people. Screw the Constitution.

btw, Antifa has gotten in on the action, too. Pro-abortion protests with the usual violence, blocking city streets and fighting with the police.

Don't worry I'm sure some Maga extremist will run people over with their car or shoot people.

Back
Top Bottom