• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An idea for moderator

I hate to see Stace step down, but it gave me an idea. Please hear me out before you all fall down laughing. :mrgreen:

Instead of bringing on a member as a permanent moderator, why not create a "temporary" mod position, in which each week a different member of the forum, who has at least 500 posts to his or her credit, would be made "moderator of the week"? One week, it would be Bub, the next week Truth Detector, the next week Middleground, etc etc etc.

This member would have "limited" mod responsibilities, and would be supervised by the moderator team. He or she would not be able to hand out infractions, but could post recommendations for them in the mod forum, and could also issue warnings. If a member thinks the warning without merit, he could appeal to one of the "regular" mods. He could also be assigned other "limited" duties, as the regular mods see fit.

By giving all members of this forum a chance to carry a little responsibility occasionally, by being a moderator for a week once every couple of years, or more often, depending on the number of members here at any given time, it would create an atmosphere of greater unification between members and the moderating team, and would also increase member retention. This would also make Debate Politics extremely unique among boards. Can you imagine the traffic that could be driven here by something like this?

My idea would be for you guys to try this as an experiment. if it works, keep it. If it does not work, I will bend over, and you guys can all take turns kicking me in the ass. :mrgreen:
Fascinating idea cept... do you know what a pain in the arse it can be to mod a forum? I ran one for 2 years, and you just can't have a 1 week mod.

It doesn't quite work out that way. Moderation to work it must be constant even handed moderation. Even people you dislike politically or think have moments of rashness have to be able to put on the "mod hat" and act accordingly, mod a week just... wouldn't work out.

Maybe an "honorary Mod for the week" without the priv or powers... just for fun could work?

Honorary mod? Is that at all possible? :rofl

Just kidding. Don't shoot.

Honorary mod? Is that at all possible? :rofl

Just kidding. Don't shoot.

Careful...gigging for a 6a rule violation has become the favorite lately.

I'm NOT kidding.

Moderator's Warning:
I'm not sure why you are essentially daring the mod team to infract you Felicity, by violating 6a. But I'm issuing the infraction anyway.

Moderator's Warning:
I'm not sure why you are essentially daring the mod team to infract you Felicity, by violating 6a. But I'm issuing the infraction anyway.

Oh Jesus Christ...:roll:

Moderator's Warning:

Moderator's Warning:
Infraction reversed

A fun thread has become an infracted infraction of itself! Can a forum create a paradox??

A fun thread has become an infracted infraction of itself! Can a forum create a paradox??

That's how one celled organisms work. They become infracted infractions of themselves. Not sure why you brought both OB/GYNs into the discussion though. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom