• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amount of people hesitant to get Covid-19 vaccine dropping rapidly

I don't intend to do it because I don't think I need to.

The last time I had a Flu shot was the last year of military service over 30 years ago. They were mandatory annually.

I have never caught a cold or the flu since the age of 9. I never got sick by either while I was in the Service. I have not caught either since leaving the service.

There have been some people at work who've caught Covid-19. I have been tested every time and came out negative.

I don't see the need to allow the government to inject me with anything. So as long as I have a "choice," I will exercise my preference and not do so.

It is, at this time, a personal choice. But, I very much consider it a 'civic duty'.

I think that this will remove many minorities from employment and educational opportunities. Minority populations are disproportionately unlikely to get vaccinated, and removing them from these important parts of society will have a massively negative impact upon their socioeconomic conditions. I can see that many people would think this is a good idea, but it still makes me sad.
I think you're overly concerned, here. There may initially be some moderate effect, but time (and society) marches on.

I think you're overly concerned, here. There may initially be some moderate effect, but time (and society) marches on.
Yeah yeah, we heard the same rascist rhetoric with voter id laws. Marching on and leaving minority populations behind no doubt seems acceptable or preferable to some, but it's still wrong and will be a net negative to the country as a whole.

It is, at this time, a personal choice. But, I very much consider it a 'civic duty'.

That's your perogative.

I have a different view of what does and does not constitute "civic duties."

Allowing the government to "invade my body" has never been one of them.

Note: I have NEVER agreed with any SCOTUS ruling allowing government intrusive access into an individual's body, whether to draw blood, or "injection" of substances. IMO this is a violation of the Individual right to be secure in one's PERSON from invasive procedures without consent. I have no problem with warrants for arrest, or seizure of extant property; even ultimately punishment by judgement of death.

But while one remains alive, IMO one's body should remain inviolate absent knowing and willing consent. Otherwise allowing such intrusion puts one completely in the power of government. Allowing even one example of such "civic duty" is a slippery slope toward the idea the individual is "owned" by the group control mechanism of government.

--

I call this, 'good news'.

I can't say what's driving it, but I hope it continues. I'm optimistic that we're going to soon be getting better.
A clamp-down on Anti-Vaxxers and the very very very very low rate of allergic reactions to the vaccines helps.

A clamp-down on Anti-Vaxxers and the very very very very low rate of allergic reactions to the vaccines helps.

Explain "clamp down?"

Where does the idea that society owns the right to control an individual's body, absent the commission of a factual harm to person's or property, come from?

If this vaccine is effective, then it protects the person accepting it from the disease. How then does compelling someone else to "protect themselves" by forced injection follow?

As pointed out in a prior post, I do not accept the idea the individual is owned by, or owes others such duties which compel them to submit their bodies to wants, needs, and desires of the group.

I own myself; I am neither your slave, nor the slave of society.

That's your perogative.

Note: I have NEVER agreed with any SCOTUS ruling allowing government intrusive access into an individual's body, whether to draw blood, or "injection" of substances. IMO this is a violation of the Individual right to be secure in one's PERSON from invasive procedures without consent. I have no problem with warrants for arrest, or seizure of extant property; even ultimately punishment by judgement of death.

But while one remains alive, IMO one's body should remain inviolate absent knowing and willing consent. Otherwise allowing such intrusion puts one completely in the power of government. Allowing even one example of such "civic duty" is a slippery slope toward the idea the individual is "owned" by the group control mechanism of government.

You’re overthinking it. This is a hundred year pandemic. Hopefully you have science based reasons not to take the vaccine. Hopefully you can overcome the ego and do the right thing. Just because you lean a certain way doesn’t mean you always have to do what they do. The science points to taking the vaccine. Those who don’t take it are making a huge mistake.

You’re overthinking it. This is a hundred year pandemic. Hopefully you have science based reasons not to take the vaccine. Hopefully you can overcome the ego and do the right thing. Just because you lean a certain way doesn’t mean you always have to do what they do. The science points to taking the vaccine. Those who don’t take it are making a huge mistake.

Hopefully (but it seems seldom the case) YOU will overcome your own "ego" and realize that declaring the moral high ground YOU chose to stand upon applies to others is not an argument. It is an appeal to authority.

Second, stop with the ad hominem responses, they are also NOT an argument.

I do not "lean" in a certain way. I have stated my profound belief system. I am not a "servant of yours," and by extension the government your side seeks to use to impose your world-views onto others.

The "Science" has been wrong over and over, and people who so quickly quote "the science" often do so out of simple faith in what they have been told.

Now those of us who choose not to may very well be "making a huge mistake." But that is how life works, one moves through life making one's own choices. One also accepts responsibility for the results of those choices.

As long as the choice IS mine, I will of course accept responsibility.

Meanwhile, YOU be YOU, and stop thinking what you think is best must apply to anyone else.

Last edited:
Yeah yeah, we heard the same rascist rhetoric with voter id laws. Marching on and leaving minority populations behind no doubt seems acceptable or preferable to some, but it's still wrong and will be a net negative to the country as a whole.
That's not an equivalence.

That's your perogative.

As of now, yes - that's our prerogatives - both yours & mine. We are fortunate to live in a free country.

It's fair to verbally disagree with a SCOTUS ruling. But none-the-less, the Court has ruled & it's the law-of-the-land. Luckily, I believe as a country we will never get to the point of forced inoculations - during this pandemic.

However, I believe it's possible, if not likely, vaccinations will eventually become mandatory for school attendance. Employment requirements are trickier to call, but I could see at least some employment segments attempting to require it. Where the courts weigh-in on this last, is anyone's guess.

I very much agree. As a 'wait & see-er', I find my fears are indeed becoming allayed.

The Oxford Astra-Zeneca vaccine was declared as having sterilizing immunity by NHS UK.
It is ALL ABOUT viral loads...if you're an asymptomatic unvaccinated person who catches COVID, it's about your viral load.
If you're a vaccinated person who catches COVID, it's STILL all about your viral load, and the idea is, since you ARE vaccinated, your COVID is largely asymptomatic, and that is BECAUSE your body will not permit a larger viral load, due to the vaccine doing its job and giving you advanced defenses.

But that is not the same thing as the FDA doing an official rubber stamp and officially pronouncing that Pfizer and Moderna are regarded as possessing sterilizing immunity. In order to make such a statement, it must be proven, the data must be provable and indisputable.
If FDA et al were to make such a statement and then vaccinated persons were shown to be accidentally infecting a group of people, even a small group, it would destroy public trust in the vaccines.
So they're not about to make that statement casually.
But a growing number of scientists are acknowledging evidence of very low viral loads in post-vax persons who catch COVID, thus community transmission is low, at least from vaccinated persons anyway.

This is what takes one or two more years...studying post-vax infected community transmission is long and tedious work.
We would be nowhere near having vaccines going into people's arms right now if we had to wait for SI proof.
We just needed to know it was safe to use.

Sounds like you've done a bit of research on this, buddy! ;)

Sounds like you've done a bit of research on this, buddy! ;)

I have a pocket of friends who are losing their minds over this.
Two black friends are bound and determined to refuse it because of the history of cruel and inhuman medical experimentation on black folks, one Native American friend cites the same only perpetrated on Indian communities, two others are all in on the "gene replacement" CT, and another actually believes that she will GET COVID by being vaccinated.

And on top of that, two "family members" (in quotes because they've disowned ME as a satanic pedo loving America hating commie) who believe in "the plandemic" nonsense, and they are among the larger family contingent who buy into the whole Qanon thing.

So yeah, I did some study, plus our wonderful Long Beach VA has been incredible.
Karen's primary doctor seems to like me enough to share as much as I can comprehend.
I'm one of those "annoying" spouse/caregivers who peppers doctors with a ton of questions, and not all doctors do well with that type of person and I am aware of that.
And one day I apologized for it, and much to my surprise, her doctor said, "No, it's perfectly okay...I know some doctors get impatient but I am actually happy to answer all your questions, and it tells me you're very committed to your wife, and we have some patients who wish that they had that."

So...I guess you could say I have a little buddy over at the VA who is on my side!
She's awesome, Karen loves her to pieces.

That's not an equivalence.
Exactly the same outcome, reasoning and methods. And probably the same secret racist origins.

I agree. I can’t see a reason to avoid it. I was surprised to read that almost a third of military members have declined the shots. Back in my day, shots were not optional; I can remember standing in line with my shipmates getting our annual flu shots. And, on some deployments we have to get a whole line up of shots because of where we going. Our only choice was right arm or left arm.
Because those vaccines are not under Emergency Use Authorisation.

I think that this will remove many minorities from employment and educational opportunities. Minority populations are disproportionately unlikely to get vaccinated,...

The vaccinations are FREE to everyone, even illegal aliens. Anyone who is so disproportionately stupid that the won't go to go get vaccinated; I couldn't care less which opportunities they miss out on

and removing them from these important parts of society will have a massively negative impact upon their socioeconomic conditions.

It's a well know fact that stupid people are poorer than smart people. Especially in the USA where one doesn't even have to try that hard and still ends up in the middle class.

I can see that many people would think this is a good idea, but it still makes me sad.

I don't think its a good idea. Stupid people make me mad. We have too many stupid people in the country.

--

I call this, 'good news'.

I can't say what's driving it, but I hope it continues. I'm optimistic that we're going to soon be getting better.

Well, that's what indoctrination can do to a weak American society

i'm hoping for a dose in the next week. it will be a ride along gamble, though.

I'm not taking it. I don't take the flu shot either. I did however receive my second shingles vaccination recently

The vaccinations are FREE to everyone, even illegal aliens. Anyone who is so disproportionately stupid that the won't go to go get vaccinated; I couldn't care less which opportunities they miss out on

It's a well know fact that stupid people are poorer than smart people. Especially in the USA where one doesn't even have to try that hard and still ends up in the middle class.

I don't think its a good idea. Stupid people make me mad. We have too many stupid people in the country.
All I can say is that you are not alone in your viewpoints. Many would support your sentiments.

CO is not even in the top 10 of states for vaccination rates, but seems to be doing pretty well: (Email from our gov., so no link)

"Currently, 74% of Coloradans 70 and older have received at least their first dose. Colorado is also 107% of the way toward our goal for 65-69 year olds, having vaccinated 59% of the total population of this group."

It would be nice if all the sates were doing at least this good.

Back
Top Bottom