• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

America On Drugs [W:41]

Man, you really want everyone zombified don't you?

Unless she putting them all on something like Ritalin, not so much. The numbing of the mind however, well, it would seem so.

nope, only some of you and things would improve for the rest of the world immensely

I don't need anything ****ing with my brain chemistry or function, thank you very much.

Dangerous to the shepherds agenda damn straight..
I don't know if I'd consider myself all that "far right" but I am extremely against idification and pussification of the people through propaganda, disinformation, politically correct newspeak, demoralization and on and on and on..

The drugging of America just as described in the OP is just another tool in this vast effort to keep the people down and oblivious so I am perfectly on topic here.

And no BTW I am not medicated in any way shape or form nor have I ever been and do not do drugs..

YOU are not on topic. You have attempted to troll the thread from your first post. The OP is not about you nor is it about silly partisan bitch slapping. Please STFU.

YOU are not on topic. You have attempted to troll the thread from your first post. The OP is not about you nor is it about silly partisan bitch slapping. Please STFU.

What makes you think you can tell anyone what to do upstairs?

It is perfectly on topic the use of drugs to keep people docile and the only reason anything in this thread is about ME is others attacking my personality.

19 Statistics About The Drugging Of America That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

Each stat has a credible link in it, if you go to the URL I posted above. (I also wish to distance myself from the author's rant at the URL because it's not as interesting to me as the statistics themselves.)

This got me thinking... could our country's political and economic turmoil somehow be drug related? If so many people are mind altering from legal substances then how can we have a functional polity?

What are your thoughts about this?

I can't recall seeing prescription medication advertisements on commercial TV in any country other than the U.S. The next time you watch television count the number of prescription drug ads, political debates or political news programs are perfect examples. Without drug, car/truck and beer advertising commercial television in the United States would be much different than it is today.

Americans are raised from birth now with pharmaceutical manufacturers purposely manipulating their brains, brainwashing them to become willing consumers for Big Pharma.

Want to know the gateway drug for most Americans? Seriously? One that will NEVER be blamed. It's commercial television. It is the All American drug pimp, bigger than anything else going. Nothing, no one, openly encourages drug use to children like commercial television.

I agree that drugs make people stupid. So does FOXNews.

But it's a lot easier changing channels than it is kicking heroin. (Well, for some people it is.)

I agree that drugs make people stupid. So does FOXNews.

But it's a lot easier changing channels than it is kicking heroin. (Well, for some people it is.)

What channel do you watch? Fox can't take all the credit.

What channel do you watch? Fox can't take all the credit.

History Channel, HBO, Netflix, local news, BBC sometimes and CNN sometimes. I have watched FOXNews and MSNBC before in small doses. Propaganda at it's best. Even the more benign and objective channels seem to have their own agenda now and again.

History Channel, HBO, Netflix, local news, BBC sometimes and CNN sometimes. I have watched FOXNews and MSNBC before in small doses. Propaganda at it's best. Even the more benign and objective channels seem to have their own agenda now and again.

When did Wisconsin get TV? The BBC and CNN are progressive tools.

Just what the liberals want is to "medicate" and dumb down, numb, the population to make herding their sheep easier..

No need to deal with reality, here, the nanny has something to make you feel all better..

Makes you wonder about the left end of the political spectrum's support for legalizing recreational use of pot.

"Opiate of the people!" ?
(Or rather new new opiate of the people?)

That is terrible! Someone should make a pill for that. ;)

The youth ADHD epidemic just might be assisted by those "special needs" kids getting federal education aid.

I can't recall seeing prescription medication advertisements on commercial TV in any country other than the U.S. The next time you watch television count the number of prescription drug ads, political debates or political news programs are perfect examples. Without drug, car/truck and beer advertising commercial television in the United States would be much different than it is today.

Americans are raised from birth now with pharmaceutical manufacturers purposely manipulating their brains, brainwashing them to become willing consumers for Big Pharma.

Want to know the gateway drug for most Americans? Seriously? One that will NEVER be blamed. It's commercial television. It is the All American drug pimp, bigger than anything else going. Nothing, no one, openly encourages drug use to children like commercial television.

I also think our bad diet contributes in a huge way, and being sedentary.

great food and exorcise can change people's whole life for the better

Moderator's Warning:
OK, people who are turning this thread into a partisan hackfest have been removed. Get back to the topic, or you will be too.

#4 Americans spent more than 280 billion dollars on prescription drugs during 2013.

Us spending on prescription drugs soared last year, driven up primarily by costly breakthrough medicines, manufacturer price hikes and a surge from millions of people newly insured due to the Affordable Care Act.

Spending rose 13 percent, the biggest jump since 2001, to a total of $374 billion, according to a report released Tuesday by the IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics. After accounting for population growth and inflation, the increase equaled 10 percent.

U.S. prescription drug spending jumps to record $374 billion - Chicago Tribune

This article demonstrates the power and influence of Big Pharma.

Yes, americans in particular and humans in general are very much "under the influence" of a long litany of drugs, many quite dangerous.

Most of the psychoactive drugs were never tested on youngsters during the approval process, and thus any prescribing of those drugs to youngsters is technically "off label" prescribing and forbidden by law.

Americans are highly medicated and very indoctrinated. Do the 2 go hand-in-hand?

This article demonstrates the power and influence of Big Pharma.

Yes, americans in particular and humans in general are very much "under the influence" of a long litany of drugs, many quite dangerous.

Most of the psychoactive drugs were never tested on youngsters during the approval process, and thus any prescribing of those drugs to youngsters is technically "off label" prescribing and forbidden by law.

Americans are highly medicated and very indoctrinated. Do the 2 go hand-in-hand?

Off-label prescribing isn't illegal. It is of course wrong to psychotropicly drug young children, but it is not illegal.

Off-label prescribing isn't illegal. It is of course wrong to psychotropicly drug young children, but it is not illegal.

Is it unethical? Improper?

Why even have a labeled use, an approved use, if it carries no meaning? From a liability perspective, off label or on label means nothing I suppose?

Nope

Many of our social problems are caused by religious and PC extremist. That and the need for instant gratification, which has been rampant since the mid 1980's causes a whole host of socioeconomic issues. Way to much for me to get into this early on a Sat morn lol

Last edited:
Is it unethical? Improper?

Why even have a labeled use, an approved use, if it carries no meaning? From a liability perspective, off label or on label means nothing I suppose?

Drug companies are not allowed to advise doctors to use drugs off label, though doctors are free to do so on their own (thus why you hear things like "X is not a weight loss drug, but may cause weight loss" on drug advertisements). In theory doctors could be held liable for negligent use of drugs, though in practice most malpractice actions concern negligent inaction, as doctors are reluctant to testify that the actions of other doctors were negligent in all but the most extreme cases.

Drug companies are not allowed to advise doctors to use drugs off label, though doctors are free to do so on their own (thus why you hear things like "X is not a weight loss drug, but may cause weight loss" on drug advertisements). In theory doctors could be held liable for negligent use of drugs, though in practice most malpractice actions concern negligent inaction, as doctors are reluctant to testify that the actions of other doctors were negligent in all but the most extreme cases.

Thanks, I do understand what you're saying. Reality is quite different than theory, and concerns about liability trump almost everything else.

So, is it safe to say that off-label prescribing is not approved?

Thanks, I do understand what you're saying. Reality is quite different than theory, and concerns about liability trump almost everything else.

So, is it safe to say that off-label prescribing is not approved?

In theory perhaps. But in practice it's common, drug companies just aren't allowed to promote it (well, not openly anyway).

Back
Top Bottom