• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amanda Knox's rights violated in Italy murder probe, ECHR says

If you believe Knox that would be true but there is no evidence that she wasn’t in the house during that evening.
There is also no evidence that she was in the house that evening.

Civilized countries have a standard called "innocent until proven guilty". It differs quite markedly from "guilty until proven innocent".

More to the point, however: there is evidence that the Italian police destroyed evidence that Amanda was not in the house that evening.

She claimed that she was watching a movie at Raffaele's house. The system that played that movie had its history erased while it was in police custody.

There is also no evidence that she was in the house that evening.

Civilized countries have a standard called "innocent until proven guilty". It differs quite markedly from "guilty until proven innocent".

More to the point, however: there is evidence that the Italian police destroyed evidence that Amanda was not in the house that evening.

She claimed that she was watching a movie at Raffaele's house. The system that played that movie had its history erased while it was in police custody.

Her bfs DNA on Meridiths bra, the knife, the staged break in. Lots of evidence against Knox and her BF not to mention their erratic behavior the next day. The narrative i hear from Knox supporters is that there was no evidence which just isn’t the case. Knox is just lucky that a lot of the original evidence got thrown out on technicalities.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...gainst-amanda-knox-theres-plenty-9099649.html

I don’t think we’ll ever know what happened that night but I’m certain Knox knows more than she’d ever admit.

the staged break in.
There was no staged break in. The evidence strongly shows that Rudy Guede broke in for real.

Guede had a history of conducting breakins exactly like this (and of carrying a switchblade during his breakins that is similar in size to the knife that killed Kercher).

not to mention their erratic behavior the next day.
No such erratic behavior.

Knox is just lucky that a lot of the original evidence got thrown out on technicalities.
The fact that evidence doesn't exist is a bit more than a technicality.

The claims made by this article are untrue.

The test of the bra clasp showed that it had DNA from too many people to isolate a specific profile out of the chaotic blend of DNA fragments.

There is evidence that the Italian police planted Raffaele's DNA there though. When the Italian police found the bra clasp, they knew it was going to incriminate Raffaele before they even tested it. So his DNA probably was there -- but only because the Italian police planted it.

Even if Raffaele's DNA could be clearly identified on the clasp, and even if there was no reason to think that it was planted, the fact that there was DNA from so many other people is ample evidence that the DNA on the clasp was contaminated.

If DNA on the clasp is evidence of involvement in the murder, it is strange that the Italian police are not too worried about all the other profiles that are on the clasp.

But then again, they probably know that all those other extra profiles belong to the police officers who planted Raffaele's DNA.

Regarding the stain, first, it tested negative for blood, so the the article is lying when it tries to give the impression that it was a blood stain. There is no reason to think that the stain was even related to the murder. Since it tested negative for blood, it probably wasn't.

Second, there is no evidence that the DNA from the non-blood stain was really from Kercher and Amanda. That was merely the closest partial match among all the profiles they tested. But they didn't even consider the profiles of all the roommates. It is likely that the "partial match to Kercher and Amanda" is a 100% match to the girl who lived in that room, but we'll never know so long as the Italians refuse to let the DNA profile be compared to her DNA.

Third, there is no reason to think that this non-blood stain and the DNA were even related. They did not bother to determine whether the DNA was conterminous with the stain. It is quite possible that the DNA, whoever it belonged to, was everywhere on the floor and not in any way related to the stain.

Finally, the article is wrong about the knife. No DNA test of the knife was ever presented in court. They claimed they conducted a test, but they refused to ever produce the test results for examination during the trial.

Not to mention the fact that the blade is inconsistent with Kercher's wounds.

I don’t think we’ll ever know what happened that night
We already know what happened that night.

Guede broke in through the window. He stabbed Kercher in the neck. While the blood was gushing from her neck, he brutally raped her. Then he took her cell phones so that she could not summon aid (had an ambulance been summoned she could still have been saved), locked her in her room (the lock required a key to open from either side), and went out dancing at a nightclub while she slowly drowned in her own blood on the floor of her bedroom.

but I’m certain Knox knows more than she’d ever admit.
Well, she knows everything that I just described to you in my above paragraph.

But now you know it too.

Last edited:
The investigation and trial were so screwed up I have no idea if she was guilty or not, but her attitude during the court appearances was strange.

The investigation and trial were so screwed up I have no idea if she was guilty or not,
That question can be answered by looking at the overwhelming evidence that Guede broke in and did it all by himself.

but her attitude during the court appearances was strange.
Nonsense. What was strange about it?

Perhaps she did, PeterEU. Perhaps she did not. I do not have any tribal skin in this fight. But I would not trust the verdict of the botched Italian justice system to come to anything approaching an appropriate legal standard by which to determine that guilt.

We have our own flaws in the US legal system, but even I question a legal system that tried to convict scientists for manslaughter because they failed to predict the 2009 quake that killed so many.

Fortunately it was eventually overturned, but I am floored that it even went to trial.

You see this is my problem.. the insults by Americans against the Italian legal system. This is Italy, not the US so you cant transplant the very flawed US legal system on the Italian system. Did the police maybe make mistakes? Sure, not many murders in Italy relative to the very experienced American police, but what I make my verdict on is the publicly available information on how she acted after the murder. It screams guilty.

A-hem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Lead_(Italy)

So every time she was crying and distressed, it was inappropriate that she was crying and distressed.

And every time she was calm and composed, it was inappropriate that she was calm and composed.

The claim that she did cartwheels is a lie. She did a split. And she did that only because a male police officer (who was inappropriately flirting with her) asked her to demonstrate the move for him.

The police description of the interrogation is a lie. The Italian police struck her in the head until she said what they told her to say.

So every time she was crying and distressed, it was inappropriate that she was crying and distressed.

And every time she was calm and composed, it was inappropriate that she was calm and composed.

The claim that she did cartwheels is a lie. She did a split. And she did that only because a male police officer (who was inappropriately flirting with her) asked her to demonstrate the move for him.

The police description of the interrogation is a lie. The Italian police struck her in the head until she said what they told her to say.

Well thats your claim, but all the articles Ive read was that she did act very strangely, like a psychopath would.

Well thats your claim, but all the articles Ive read was that she did act very strangely, like a psychopath would.
When she is calm, she's acting like a psychopath because she is not in distress.

When she is in distress, she is acting like a psychopath because she is not calm.

I prefer to look at actual evidence rather than concocting imaginary criteria for psychopathic behavior.

When she is calm, she's acting like a psychopath because she is not in distress.

When she is in distress, she is acting like a psychopath because she is not calm.

I prefer to look at actual evidence rather than concocting imaginary criteria for psychopathic behavior.
She tried to implicate her employer, which was a lie. And she claimed she was hit in the face during the interrogation, another lie. Behavior is taken into consideration when it comes to evidence.

She tried to implicate her employer, which was a lie.
Lies require an intent to deceive, therefore involuntary statements cannot be a lie.

Amanda only implicated her employer because the Italian police struck her in the head until she said what they told her to say.

And she claimed she was hit in the face during the interrogation, another lie.
No, that was the truth.

Behavior is taken into consideration when it comes to evidence.
And there was nothing inappropriate about her behavior.

Lies require an intent to deceive, therefore involuntary statements cannot be a lie.

Amanda only implicated her employer because the Italian police struck her in the head until she said what they told her to say.

No, that was the truth.

And there was nothing inappropriate about her behavior.

Thats according to her, and I see no reason to believe what she says. Anyway, Im done. You asked about her strange behavior, and I pointed it out to you. Believe what you want.

Thats according to her, and I see no reason to believe what she says.
It almost sounds like you are applying a standard of "guilty until proven innocent" where people can be accused of anything and then be considered guilty if they cannot prove themselves innocent.

But as it happens there are quite a few reasons to believe her. First, there is the fact that the Italian police will not let anyone see the video of the interrogation. The mere fact that they are hiding the video proves that Amanda's version of events is the truth.

Second, there is the fact that Amanda issued a written retraction immediately after the interrogation.

Third, there is the fact that the Italian police are clearly lying about the event. They claim that they pursued the former bar owner only because they had been misled by Amanda. But they had her written retraction in their hands before they ever pursued him.

You asked about her strange behavior, and I pointed it out to you.
But you didn't point out any strange behavior.

You posted imaginary criteria for psychopathic behavior that pretends that whenever she was calm that meant she is a psychopath for not being distressed, and whenever she was distressed that meant she is a psychopath for not being calm.

Back
Top Bottom