• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alaska's Murkowski fundraising doing very well v Trump endorsed Tshibaka

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Keep it growing, Lisa.

The Alaska senator raised nearly $1.1 million during the third quarter of 2021. That brings Murkowski’s cycle-to-date fundraising to over $4.5 million. Murkowsi’s campaign spent just $158,719 from July 1 to Sept. 30.

Tshibaka raised $465,822 during the third quarter of 2021 — about half of what Murkowski brought in. Tshibaka has raised $1.2 million in the six months she’s been campaigning. While the Republican challenger has been significantly outraised, Tshibaka has spent more than Murkowski.

In the third quarter of 2021, Tshibaka’s campaign spent $447,264. In the election cycle, the campaign has spent nearly $1 million ($930,900). Tshibaka had $294,345 in cash on hand at the end of the

A perfect example of what is wrong in American politics, imo.

Hoping the good people support the Trump-supported candidate.

Surely, Alaskans do not want their state to become anarchic like many of the other American states.

A perfect example of what is wrong in American politics, imo.
I would normally agree but only in a few instances, such as this one, whatever it takes to defeat Tshibaka will do wonders v the evil dangerous threat by DJT against our nation from within via such momentous bragging rights taken into both the 2022 and 2024 elections. Otherwise, campaign donations still need to be properly monitored under reformed regulations.

Good. I have my own bad things to say about Murkowski but she isn't as bad as a full-on Trumpist.
Most of Murkowski's money is not coming from Alaskans, but from outside the State. It will also not be the first time Murkowski lost the GOP Primary against someone who earned a fraction in campaign donations as she has. Murkowski is going to need all the cash she can get, because she very well may be running as a write-in candidate once again.

Hoping the good people support the Trump-supported candidate.

If Alaskans want to put that Senate seat in play, they will do precisely that.

Where it comes to getting legislation passed, Murkowski is the best there is in the Senate, bar none. She knows her stuff.
The problem is that she is passing the legislation that Democrats want and Alaskans do not want. Murkowski does not represent the interests of Alaska, and hasn't since her father appointed her to replace him. We thought we got rid of her in 2010 when Joe Miller won the GOP Primary and forced her to run as a write-in. The 2022 election next November may be our opportunity to finally get two US Senators that actually represent Alaska.

I would have preferred Princeton lawyer, and Gulf War veteran Republican Joe Miller, but I'll settle for Republican Kelly Tshibaka. Even though I hated dealing with the DOA (where she was Commissioner) when I had contracts with the State of Alaska.

If we can replace Democrat Senator Begich for his botched vote on ACA with Republican Senator Sullivan, then how difficult do you think it will be to replace Murkowski?

If Alaskans want to put that Senate seat in play, they will do precisely that.
Lol somebody must’ve been meditating in a Himalayan Buddhist monastery last Tuesday

The problem is that she is passing the legislation that Democrats want and Alaskans do not want. Murkowski does not represent the interests of Alaska, and hasn't since her father appointed her to replace him. We thought we got rid of her in 2010 when Joe Miller won the GOP Primary and forced her to run as a write-in. The 2022 election next November may be our opportunity to finally get two US Senators that actually represent Alaska.

I would have preferred Princeton lawyer, and Gulf War veteran Republican Joe Miller, but I'll settle for Republican Kelly Tshibaka. Even though I hated dealing with the DOA (where she was Commissioner) when I had contracts with the State of Alaska.

If we can replace Democrat Senator Begich for his botched vote on ACA with Republican Senator Sullivan, then how difficult do you think it will be to replace Murkowski?

I think it'll be VERY difficult.... like I said, she knows her stuff.

If the Senate Republicans had a clue, she'd be the majority leader.... she'd be like LBJ to Biden's Eisenhower - give him an out from having to deal with his party's partisan fringe, but in exchange winning a lot of of the votes for her party.

I don't expect a far-right Republican to get that, but that's how politics gets done. You give a little on the edges to get what you actually want.

I think it'll be VERY difficult.... like I said, she knows her stuff.

If the Senate Republicans had a clue, she'd be the majority leader.... she'd be like LBJ to Biden's Eisenhower - give him an out from having to deal with his party's partisan fringe, but in exchange winning a lot of of the votes for her party.

I don't expect a far-right Republican to get that, but that's how politics gets done. You give a little on the edges to get what you actually want.
She is closer to Senator Collins from Maine than anything resembling a Republican. Politics does not mean capitulation to the destruction of the US. Democrats are doing everything in their power to seize State powers and illegally centralize it under a federal government, and Murkowski is cheerfully helping that process along. She is not only bad news for Alaska, but the nation as a whole. Every State in the Union would significantly benefit from Murkowski being booted out of the Senate.

Please proceed. :)

She is closer to Senator Collins from Maine than anything resembling a Republican. Politics does not mean capitulation to the destruction of the US. Democrats are doing everything in their power to seize State powers and illegally centralize it under a federal government, and Murkowski is cheerfully helping that process along. She is not only bad news for Alaska, but the nation as a whole. Every State in the Union would significantly benefit from Murkowski being booted out of the Senate.

I don't think you're quite grasping the situation.... if the Republicans make a deal with Biden, it would divide the Democrats and bring the shape of the infrastructure deal toward something that would be more palatable to the GOP. By sticking to the guns and insisting on ideological purity, all that will do is force the Democrats to come together and the end result will be a more liberal infrastructure package.

But that's okay... I don't mind you sticking to your guns. You're just doing the politics wrong. The whole idea is to get the possible deal for your side.... not to die for your flag.

Most of Murkowski's money is not coming from Alaskans, but from outside the State. It will also not be the first time Murkowski lost the GOP Primary against someone who earned a fraction in campaign donations as she has. Murkowski is going to need all the cash she can get, because she very well may be running as a write-in candidate once again.
That may be the case, but all because of the many many nutjobs or uneducated voters in Alaska, or any other state, this has boiled down to do whatever it takes to prevent Trump corruption and insanity from further ruining our Constitution and Democracy. Once the Trump stench is removed from the widespread political scene, candidates and incumbents like Murkowski is the better option. Normally in the past, I rejected the idea of corporate big money backing politician's campaigns, but now let that big money flow until more honest candidates enter these races. I've stated several months ago that the concept for going up against the establishment was the right idea, but not in the name of our nation's worst former paper mob boss - n - chief. Once that chronic lying corrupt crap is gone, then I'll seriously consider supporting the anti-establishment candidate, who has integrity and honesty embedded into their conscience and soul.

I don't think you're quite grasping the situation.... if the Republicans make a deal with Biden, it would divide the Democrats and bring the shape of the infrastructure deal toward something that would be more palatable to the GOP. By sticking to the guns and insisting on ideological purity, all that will do is force the Democrats to come together and the end result will be a more liberal infrastructure package.

But that's okay... I don't mind you sticking to your guns. You're just doing the politics wrong. The whole idea is to get the possible deal for your side.... not to die for your flag.
Well… that doesnt actually fix things :/. I think thats why a lot of people dont go with murkowski’s style as effective as it may be in getting some bills passed.

Last edited:
It's the only way to fix things.... it's a damn sight better then continually butting heads and getting nothing done.
It may be but we have a nearly irreperably damaged system for a reason. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no value.

That may be the case, but all because of the many many nutjobs or uneducated voters in Alaska, or any other state, this has boiled down to do whatever it takes to prevent Trump corruption and insanity from further ruining our Constitution and Democracy. Once the Trump stench is removed from the widespread political scene, candidates and incumbents like Murkowski is the better option. Normally in the past, I rejected the idea of corporate big money backing politician's campaigns, but now let that big money flow until more honest candidates enter these races. I've stated several months ago that the concept for going up against the establishment was the right idea, but not in the name of our nation's worst former paper mob boss - n - chief. Once that chronic lying corrupt crap is gone, then I'll seriously consider supporting the anti-establishment candidate, who has integrity and honesty embedded into their conscience and soul.
Normal people don't have a raging case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, like you. You are clearly unaware that before 2012 Trump was a registered NYC Democrat and a massive Hillary supporter in 2008. The Republican Party has also existed since 1856 and did not suddenly spring into existence when Trump was elected. Nor is any ex-President ever considered leader of their party (which ever political party that may be in Trump's case). Trump has never been, nor will he ever be, a conservative. Despite the lies you and your DNC-supporting media like to concoct. Despite your truly bizarre obsession with Trump, just because someone runs as a Republican does not mean they support Trump. Get a clue.

Normal people don't have a raging case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, like you. You are clearly unaware that before 2012 Trump was a registered NYC Democrat and a massive Hillary supporter in 2008. The Republican Party has also existed since 1856 and did not suddenly spring into existence when Trump was elected. Nor is any ex-President ever considered leader of their party (which ever political party that may be in Trump's case). Trump has never been, nor will he ever be, a conservative. Despite the lies you and your DNC-supporting media like to concoct. Despite your truly bizarre obsession with Trump, just because someone runs as a Republican does not mean they support Trump. Get a clue.
Tell that to the republicans that are afraid to cross him.

I have a huge clue, sport - you're it. ;)

That's odd.... I have yet to see you - or any other "conservative" in here - speak out against Jan 6 or Trump's big lie. I have yet to see you speak out in support of Liz Cheney.

The foundation of our system of free and fair elections and the peaceful transfer of power was within a hair's breadth of being upset, and all the bunch of you can do is make one lame excuse after another.

That's odd.... I have yet to see you - or any other "conservative" in here - speak out against Jan 6 or Trump's big lie. I have yet to see you speak out in support of Liz Cheney.

The foundation of our system of free and fair elections and the peaceful transfer of power was within a hair's breadth of being upset, and all the bunch of you can do is make one lame excuse after another.
Probably because the only "big lie" that we see on January 6, 2021 are the lunatic leftist freaks screaming about delusional insurrections. Here is a hint since reality is obvious a concept that is alien to you: Why has nobody in the 600+ that have been charged for the January 6, 2021 riot been charged with insurrection? Could it be that your complete lack of civics education has demonstrated your inability to discern an insurrection from a riot?

You make up fantasies out of thin air, and then wonder why people consider it derangement, as in a complete mental break-down? Seriously?

Why weren't the ANTIFA attacks on the federal buildings in DC in April 2021 considered an insurrection? Could it be that you support those leftist terrorist scum?

Cheney is a political has-been, as are all Republicans who voted for an illegal and unconstitutional impeachment. That includes Murkowski. I voted for Sen. Cruz in 2016, but the State of Alaska voted for Trump and Alaskans remember Murkowski's vote. Just like they remembered Sen. Begich's vote on ACA in 2010. You might want to ask him about his non-existent political career since then, because Murkowski and Cheney will both be joining him as failed politicians.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom