• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Again democrats want to ignore history.

The story goes that 48 hours before her death, RBG made this statement to her granddaughter. I've been in the room with someone who is 48 hours from death from this disease, and I'm telling you that they're not lucid, and they're not dicking about with politics like people on this thread.

I only know about my own personal experience which obviously varies from yours. My father was on morphine, and spoke of his cats, and numerous other topics, quite lucidly. My brother was also on painkillers, and spoke of his birthday the following week, and how he looked forward to it. Different strokes for different folks, none of which any of you observed, and have no rational idea of what occurred.

I only know about my own personal experience which obviously varies from yours. My father was on morphine, and spoke of his cats, and numerous other topics, quite lucidly. My brother was also on painkillers, and spoke of his birthday the following week, and how he looked forward to it. Different strokes for different folks, none of which any of you observed, and have no rational idea of what occurred.

While I'm sorry for your loss and happy to hear how you enjoyed some special time with loved ones, we're being sold some BS story that, after such a profound life of accomplishment, RBG's supposed last words were about Trump's potential nomination?

👀

Trump absolutely has the right to appoint his justice of choice, and Garland should be a court justice right now. I guess sometimes what should happen doesn't. Man up and deal with it.
Probably not - GOP wasn't going to vote for Garland.

EiTI26qUYAY-UHr.png

Last edited:
The closest a SCOTUS confirmation has ever happened to a presidential election was on June 16, 1916, 144 days before the election. As of today, we have 43 days to go.
Whether that is trtue or not, it is irrelevant. There is no time constraints on a President to make nominations, and there is no time constraints on the Senate confirmation process.

EiTZ5aaXcAEyX6h.jpg

Last edited:
The story goes that 48 hours before her death, RBG made this statement to her granddaughter. I've been in the room with someone who is 48 hours from death from this disease, and I'm telling you that they're not lucid, and they're not dicking about with politics like people on this thread.
1. There is no reason to believe that.
But let's continue as if it is true.
2. So what? A last wish pertains to personal life, not SCOTUS seats. It is therefore irrelevant.
3. Given her previous position about filling a SCOTUS seat, her statement, if true, just shows that Justices are and can be political ideologues.

=========================================

Ask Mitch. He is the one that caused it. He made the rule that a new Justice could not be confirmed in an election year. Now that the pendulum has swung you can't take it back. You owe the Democrats 2 picks Mitch, and we will be damned if we don't get them .
1. No, Mitch made no such rule.
2. The circumstance were different. The Senate and the Presidency were controlled by opposing parties. That is not the case this time.

iguanaman said:
iLOL And?
He was wrong. So what?
or
He changed his mind (at least to the first 4 year term). So what?

The way the left has acted since this President has been elected justifies his changing his mind.
In other words; So what?

In other words; "Boo-hoo, wah-wah-wah. Get better issues, we're gonna run out of tissues."

RGB wishes were for a justice to be decided after the election..Mcconnell and Trump are going to piss all over those wishes in hopes to destroy everything RBG fought and protected.
Her wishes? Is there a law that makes her wishes germane?
iLOL
Her wishes are irrelevant.

Anyway, Lindsey said to use his words against him, and Mitch set the precedent.
iLOL Go ahead. It matters not one bit.

Checkerboard Strangler said:
Nope, it's never been a Biden rule, that is a lie. Mitch built it, Mitch put it into action, Mitch stood and beamed and said his proudest moment was using it to slap the House Negro From Kenya with it.
You sure do like spewing delusional bs.

Everything changes now, no forgiveness here remains, this is a naked poison spear used on a war footing.
iLOL Good luck with that delusional bs.

It is an act of war in every way.
Your commentary, while certainly emotive, is as delusional as it is wrong.

pocket aces said:
and Garland should be a court justice right now.I guess sometimes what should happen doesn't.
As there is no "should be" to it ; Wrong.
1. There is no rule or law that says the Senate has to consider any nomination. So "should be" is opinionated nonsense.
2. There is no guarantee that a nominee will be confirmed if given a hearing. So "should be" is opinionated nonsense.

pocket aces said:
Man up and deal with it.
Yes. Please follow your own advice.

They didn’t have a vote because they couldn’t present “because the black guy nominated him” as a reason why he shouldn’t sit on the court. ****ing pathetic.
Delusional racist bs you spew.

My brother, and father, were both "lucid" enough. One had pancreatic cancer, the other stomach cancer. Irregardless of your "opinion", RBG was well aware of the situation, and it is quite logical that she would try to influence the outcome up to her dying breath.
1. You do not know if she was or wasn't.
2. If she did make that statement, it just shows that she was a political ideologue and should never have been confirmed as a Justice.

Can you trump supporters stop with the projection already? It's a worn out act. Surely you people can come up with more creative ways to distort the truth.

The closest a SCOTUS confirmation has ever happened to a presidential election was on June 16, 1916, 144 days before the election. As of today, we have 43 days to go.

Yeah... the irony here is just too damn sweet to pass up.

I think you need a dozen more !!!'s and some ALL CAPS in 72 size font.
Nope, it's never been a Biden rule, that is a lie. Mitch built it, Mitch put it into action, Mitch stood and beamed and said his proudest moment was using it to slap the House Negro From Kenya with it.

Everything changes now, no forgiveness here remains, this is a naked poison spear used on a war footing.

^^ This is what fringe-left Biden supporters think.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

And who says that the Republicans couldnt further pack the court. Every election that a different party comes to power, more justices could be added. When would it end??????????

Already crying over milk that has not as yet been spilt. TOO BAD. The RIGHT started down this road with Newt Gingrich. So here we are. You are going to like the taste of this as little as anybody else eventually. Should have thought of that before lionizing IDIOTS like Gingrich and joining the Trump cult of personality.

hahhahahahhahahahah^ war....jesus christ

It looks like we have all the evidence we need that our two party driven system of government is off the rails.

Technically speaking the President is still President, and the "hypocrisy" shit show of when to appoint / confirm exists on both sides of the isle.

1. There is no reason to believe that.
But let's continue as if it is true.
2. So what? A last wish pertains to personal life, not SCOTUS seats. It is therefore irrelevant.
3. Given her previous position about filling a SCOTUS seat, her statement, if true, just shows that Justices are and can be political ideologues.

1. No, Mitch made no such rule.
2. The circumstance were different. The Senate and the Presidency were controlled by opposing parties. That is not the case this time.

iLOL And?
He was wrong. So what?
or
He changed his mind (at least to the first 4 year term). So what?

The way the left has acted since this President has been elected justifies his changing his mind.
In other words; So what?

In other words; "Boo-hoo, wah-wah-wah. Get better issues, we're gonna run out of tissues."

Her wishes? Is there a law that makes her wishes germane?
iLOL
Her wishes are irrelevant.
I responded to a statement made by another person...If you don't know the content of that response then move on....

But to respond to you.....If the Dems take the White House and Senate (very possible) don't cry when those laws are changed.

Then you're choosing to believe in storylines that resemble a Hallmark channel movie. Ask Serenity if end-stage cancer patients are capable of being lucid enough to talk about such things.
You have know idea of my experience with cancer patients....Let me fill you in, I have plenty and it is a case by case including pancreatic cancer. So again, you have no clue how lucid RBG was....

RGB wishes were for a justice to be decided after the election..McConnell and Trump are going to piss all over those wishes in hopes to destroy everything RBG fought and protected.

Her wish was to not be replaced with a Donald Trump nominee. She wanted Joe Biden to pick a replacement.

Her wish was to not be replaced with a Donald Trump nominee. She wanted Joe Biden to pick a replacement.
I agree, but according to her daughter she wanted her seat filled after the election, have the people decide. Unfortunately people will not get to decide as McConnell knows the real possibilities of what will happen in November. They are rushing, rushing as fast as they can. As fast as those scared little hypocritical legs can take them.

Thats right...So don't cry when the Dems abolish the filibuster and add seats in the SC...

I wonder if the Dems making that threat actually realize that such action will ALSO result in consequences...or if they are just trying to bluff the Reps and instill fear in the public?

Where have you been?....it's been an act of war, ever since the democrats and leftist fruitcakes have been talking about impeaching our President, even before being sworn into office. The hell with the complaints of the leftist, go ahead and do your job Mr. President and Senate.

I wonder if the Dems making that threat actually realize that such action will ALSO result in consequences...or if they are just trying to bluff the Reps and instill fear in the public?
Responding to Alt right conservatives installing judges that want to take away basic womans rights, voting rights, racial segregation to LGBTQ, ect.... is not a threat.

And who says that the Republicans couldnt further pack the court. Every election that a different party comes to power, more justices could be added. When would it end??????????

The gop is making a joke of our institutions and our country. In that line of thought, I hope the dems add ninety nine more seats. Let the R's if they ever get into power again up it to one hundred and ninety nine. At some point most americans will realize the gop is out to win at any costs and maybe then the party full of cancer will finally die off or change and learn how to govern instead of rule. As long as mitch is the majority leader, we can expect the rules to change at his whim.

Responding to Alt right conservatives installing judges that want to take away basic womans rights, voting rights, racial segregation to LGBTQ, ect.... is not a threat.
Well, to be clear, I wasn't talking about Dems like you making that threat. I was talking about the "important" Dems.

Back
Top Bottom