• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Again democrats want to ignore history.

And who says that the Republicans couldnt further pack the court. Every election that a different party comes to power, more justices could be added. When would it end??????????
Ask Mitch. He is the one that caused it. He made the rule that a new Justice could not be confirmed in an election year. Now that the pendulum has swung you can't take it back. You owe the Democrats 2 picks Mitch, and we will be damned if we don't get them .

Im glad you at least admitting the hypocrisy of McConnel.
ANd Pelsoi and Schumer and ... every politician in WAshington DC. Is this really news to you?

The situation is not exactly the same. First lets remember that this is far from the first time that a President put forth a nominee in a Presidential election year. Both Repulbicans and democrats have done this in the modern era. The difference is that in 2016 there was a democrat President but a Republican senate and the senate controls the process. The republicans merely used the process as allowed but senate rules to prevent a vote from happening. Presently, 2020, there is a Republican President and a Republican Senate. The President doesn't stop being President just because it's an election year and the process of government doesn't end. Trump and the Republicans have every legal right to move forward as I'm sure democrats would do it they were in the same position.

They didn’t have a vote because they couldn’t present “because the black guy nominated him” as a reason why he shouldn’t sit on the court. ****ing pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBG herself would have wanted a quick and expedient replacement for her empty seat:

"The president is elected for four years not three years, so the power he has in year three continues into year four."

“Maybe members of the Senate will wake up and appreciate that that’s how it should be," she added.

Also, terminal cancer patients in the last days of life are not lucid, so we should respect Ginsburg's statement from 2016, when she had all her mental faculties.
You have no idea how lucid RBG was when making her statement.

Ask Mitch. He is the one that caused it. He made the rule that a new Justice could not be confirmed in an election year. Now that the pendulum has swung you can't take it back. You owe the Democrats 2 picks Mitch, and we will be damned if we don't get them .
There is no rule. Never has been. Let me help you.

ANd Pelsoi and Schumer and ... every politician in WAshington DC. Is this really news to you?
We are taking about Mcconnell hypocrisy when setting the precedent in 2016 regarding SCJ. Keep up...If you want to talk about Pelosi or Schumer start a new thread.

You have no idea how lucid RBG was when making her statement.

The story was published by NPR the morning after RBG died. I really have trouble beliving that a grieving family is going to call an NPR reporter less than 24 hours after their loved one died, to tell them 'don't let Trump get another SCOTUS judge, grandma said so!' People who are slinging this shit should be ashamed of themselves.

Plenty of time is left to confirm a judge. From all reports it will be a woman. How long will democrats rail against a woman nominee? That would indicate they hate women, and lose half the woman vote in Nov.
Of course because if there is one thing the GOP can hang their hat on it is their diversity. Look at all of the current Trump appointees, simple.

We are taking about Mcconnell hypocrisy when setting the precedent in 2016 regarding SCJ. Keep up...If you want to talk about Pelosi or Schumer start a new thread.
GO back and listen to their quotes from 2016 and try and reconcile them with what they are saying today. They are all hypocrites. The only thing that matters is what does the law (COnstitution) say. And it's on the side of the President and the Republican Senate.

ANd, btw, go check the title of the Thread

The current President has never cared to learn about our nation’s history. It will always be about him. Grifters always Be grifting.

GO back and listen to their quotes from 2016 and try and reconcile them with what they are saying today. They are all hypocrites. The only thing that matters is what does the law (COnstitution) say. And it's on the side of the President and the Republican Senate.

ANd, btw, go check the title of the Thread
None of them give a shit about what they said in the past.

Alleged statement
The story was published by NPR the morning after RBG died. I really have trouble beliving that a grieving family is going to call an NPR reporter less than 24 hours after their loved one died, to tell them 'don't let Trump get another SCOTUS judge, grandma said so!' People who are slinging this shit should be ashamed of themselves.
You're speculating...I believe RBGs daughter over your speculation. Sorry

Good for you, I don't know her daughter. Regardless, her wishes with respect to her successor are, frankly, completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Then you're choosing to believe in storylines that resemble a Hallmark channel movie. Ask Serenity if end-stage cancer patients are capable of being lucid enough to talk about such things.

Then you're choosing to believe in storylines that resemble a Hallmark channel movie. Ask Serenity if end-stage cancer patients are capable of being lucid enough to talk about such things.

My brother, and father, were both "lucid" enough. One had pancreatic cancer, the other stomach cancer. Irregardless of your "opinion", RBG was well aware of the situation, and it is quite logical that she would try to influence the outcome up to her dying breath.

If Dems get the white house, senate, a long with the House of rep it will end however the Dems say it will end. Mcconnell and company started this with their hypocrisy and you better believe action will be taken so shit like what mcconnell is pulling doesnt happen again.
So your lack of honesty or knowledge is showing if you think the democrats are not hypocrites and are anything other than dishonest.

In this forum I have railed many times how democrats want to change history or totally forget it. It is happening again. They are screaming their heads off about President Trump appointing a judge to the Supreme Court in an election year. IT HAS HAPPEND 29 TIME IN US HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it.

Then how about a little more history? It came from the worst president the country ever had tho---------------elections have consequences.

Well...yes. Elections have consequences. And if Democrats have both chambers of Congress and the WH after November, there will be some of those consequences.

Again democrats want to ignore history....

...and the future, and riots, and property destruction, and injured police, and Biden's dementia, and untreated mentally ill patients living on the streets and eating from garbage cans, and panhandlers, and systemic poverty among inner city blacks, and black-on-black crime, and crumbling city infratructure, and so much more.

The only things Democrats don't ignore? Campaign money and special interest donors.

Well...yes. Elections have consequences. And if Democrats have both chambers of Congress and the WH after November, there will be some of those consequences.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My brother, and father, were both "lucid" enough. One had pancreatic cancer, the other stomach cancer. Irregardless of your "opinion", RBG was well aware of the situation, and it is quite logical that she would try to influence the outcome up to her dying breath.
The story goes that 48 hours before her death, RBG made this statement to her granddaughter. I've been in the room with someone who is 48 hours from death from this disease, and I'm telling you that they're not lucid, and they're not dicking about with politics like people on this thread.

...and the future, and riots, and property destruction, and injured police, and Biden's dementia, and untreated mentally ill patients living on the streets and eating from garbage cans, and panhandlers, and systemic poverty among inner city blacks, and black-on-black crime, and crumbling city infratructure, and so much more.

The only things Democrats don't ignore? Campaign money and special interest donors.

And it was your gawd trump that eliminated the funding for the mentally, the homeless, etc.

And it was your gawd trump that eliminated the funding for the mentally, the homeless, etc.

^^Fake News Alert

The opioid crisis, homelessness, and illegal aliens exploded on Obama's watch.

Back
Top Bottom