• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After New York attack, Trump calls for ending 'Diversity Visa Lottery Program'

Re: The Visa Lottery Program - Post Latest NYC Terrorist Attack

It occured because the different peoples that came to this country and assimilated.

There are things from the old country that we don't want here.

The problem I see now, is that more and more of those immigrants want to bring the dumb ass ways with them and apply it here.

Yep..... they should be adopting our dumb ass ways. They should be eating McDonalds drive through.... Just think how much simpler life would be if we didn't have to debate whether we should go out for chinese, mongolian, mediterranean, mexican, greek.... etc. food that night; just McDonalds.

Yep..... they should be adopting our dumb ass ways. They should be eating McDonalds drive through.... Just think how much simpler life would be if we didn't have to debate whether we should go out for chinese, mongolian, mediterranean, mexican, greek.... etc. food that night; just McDonalds.

But this is so often the case of 'diversity"- it is so undiverse. The assumption seems to be that everyone in the world more or a less values are of a good western liberal democrat, with differing styles of cuisine.

Read post 110, relax you told your story I shared part of mine.

How about this, you stop calling my family and other people like them ‘crapola’ and I’ll stop calling you out on it.

The countries on the list are those that have few migrants to the US. Usually poor, and the requirements to get through the program means America gets the cream of those other countries. On average, migrants to the US have better jobs, own more businesses and commit less crimes than native born Americans. We’re also tested on America and I can tell you from experience that we’re more familiar with American civics than most Americans too :)

Hi! My family and I got into the US through the diversity visa program! My dad is a c level exec at a $5bn American company, my mum a cfa , my sister spent the last year helping kids at underfunded schools. My other sister is at college now, and I’m an IT professional paying a higher eff tax rate than 99% of Americans! We have a dog, an american flag outside our (parents anyway) home. We celebrate July 4th.

To get into the country, we had to pass educational and work related requirements, pay a lot of money and were vetted for 2 years. Take your xenophobic ‘crapola’ **** elsewhere please. Many of the people who qualify through the diversity program are twice the person you are!

Great post.. but you do know how that reads to many right wingers?

You dad is taking American jobs.. as is your mom. Your sister is taking the place of an American in school and you are taking the jobs of those "American IT Professionals"... oh and there are no underfunded schools, it is a liberal myth. That is how some narrow minded people on the right tend to think.

Guess we have to remind them, that without immigrants, the iPhone/iPad that they are reading this on would never have been invented. Then again... without it, we would not have Trump in the White House.. cant win em all!!

I figured that If i posted a scientific study showing how diversity benefits us that you would just say ohhh that's "paid science"
\

I think people confuse diversity with immigration. There is no question that our society was built on immigration. There is no doubt that immigrants have contributed meaningfully to the American way. However, I believe that those contributions occurred because of good, effective people, not their nationality. There are effective people and worthless people in every country. The fact that we have more people from more countries is meaningless. Diversity, of itself, is meaningless. The effectiveness of the people in our society is very meaningful. A statistical analysis of what immigrants do is not important. It would only relate to the people themselves, not their nationality.

Hi! My family and I got into the US through the diversity visa program! My dad is a c level exec at a $5bn American company, my mum a cfa , my sister spent the last year helping kids at underfunded schools. My other sister is at college now, and I’m an IT professional paying a higher eff tax rate than 99% of Americans! We have a dog, an american flag outside our (parents anyway) home. We celebrate July 4th.

To get into the country, we had to pass educational and work related requirements, pay a lot of money and were vetted for 2 years. Take your xenophobic ‘crapola’ **** elsewhere please. Many of the people who qualify through the diversity program are twice the person you are!

I would salute you and your family. You've obviously all embraced American culture. Unfortunately today the lottery program has become too dangerous.

The actions of 19 men took thousands of lives and cost this country hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars. It's not dumbassery to consider how policy changes could prevent acts like 9/11 from happening again. It's common sense.

Sure...but have you ever heard of the expression "Hunting groundhogs with hand grenades"? You don't start being afraid of an entire demographic because of the actions of 19 men, especially when the guy behind it and his multi billion dollar war chest are gone.

Or, if you really want to eliminate the problem, instead of surrendering your rights and freedoms in the name of safety, how about change your foreign policy...

Sure...but have you ever heard of the expression "Hunting groundhogs with hand grenades"? You don't start being afraid of an entire demographic because of the actions of 19 men, especially when the guy behind it and his multi billion dollar war chest are gone.

Or, if you really want to eliminate the problem, instead of surrendering your rights and freedoms in the name of safety, how about change your foreign policy...

How many RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS killing Americans is acceptable to you?

We're talking about a visa lottery here.
What rights and freedoms do you think are being surrendered?

Last edited:

No one should get to enter this country without being completely vetted. If they are from a country where the information that we get cannot be provided or verified, they don't get in. American First! It's not a bad concept.

How many RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS killing Americans is acceptable to you?

Who is saying it is acceptable? Noone, however freaking out and going "err mer god Muslims!" is not helping anything and only serves those radical Islamic terrorists. Those Radicals WANT a holy war and they WANT you to be against all Muslims and treat regular Muslims like ****. When will the xenophobes wake up and realizing they are actually serving the interests of those Radicals?

Peter King (R-NY) was just on Morning Joe, saying the lottery program isn't the problem. More vetting he agreed with.

Who is saying it is acceptable? Noone, however freaking out and going "err mer god Muslims!" is not helping anything and only serves those radical Islamic terrorists. Those Radicals WANT a holy war and they WANT you to be against all Muslims and treat regular Muslims like ****. When will the xenophobes wake up and realizing they are actually serving the interests of those Radicals?

OK this idea is just dead wrong.
And if its a full-blown war they want, I say we give it to them. Both barrels.
When are you gonna realize that these people want you dead?

Ok-- so its not acceptable. But doing anything about causes more problems?? How does that work?

OK this idea is just dead wrong.
And if its a full-blown war they want, I say we give it to them. Both barrels.
When are you gonna realize that these people want you dead?

As a person who has a Muslim family as neighbors, sorry you are dead wrong. My neighbors are not wanting me dead thank you.

Peter King (R-NY) was just on Morning Joe, saying the lottery program isn't the problem. More vetting he agreed with.

Mr. King may agree with more vetting. But many of his colleagues in the Senate and House do not agree. Moreover, the courts are split on the subject, and of course increased vetting has been a subject of much debate on this website over the past year.

As a person who has a Muslim family as neighbors, sorry you are dead wrong. My neighbors are not wanting me dead thank you.

I didn't say ALL MUSLIMS nor have I ever advocated for such.
If the only way you can make your argument, is to spread falsehoods and alter what people say,
then you have no argument.

Ok-- so its not acceptable. But doing anything about causes more problems?? How does that work?

Do you enjoy putting words in people's mouths that they didn't say? Point to where I said doing ANYTHING causes more problems. You guys act like NO vetting has been done whatsoever and they just walk off the plane and all of a sudden they are green card holders or something. Do you even know what PART of the vetting is broke? You can't just say "OMG a terrorist got through so we have to close the border and not allow anyone in!!!!! OMG the sky is falling!!!!". Seriously, yes, we need to look at our processes and find out where they are weak and work on making them stronger. you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I didn't say ALL MUSLIMS nor have I ever advocated for such.
If the only way you can make your argument, is to spread falsehoods and alter what people say,
then you have no argument.

Well you said they (Muslims) are wanting to kill us. So yeah, that would include my neighbors in your statement. I'm only going off what YOU say.

Well you said they (Muslims) are wanting to kill us. So yeah, that would include my neighbors in your statement. I'm only going off what YOU say.

OMG...ok...dismissed...

OMG...ok...dismissed...

Yep, you were exposed so you run away. Typical Muslim hater.

Do you enjoy putting words in people's mouths that they didn't say? Point to where I said doing ANYTHING causes more problems. You guys act like NO vetting has been done whatsoever and they just walk off the plane and all of a sudden they are green card holders or something. Do you even know what PART of the vetting is broke? You can't just say "OMG a terrorist got through so we have to close the border and not allow anyone in!!!!! OMG the sky is falling!!!!". Seriously, yes, we need to look at our processes and find out where they are weak and work on making them stronger. you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

We both know that the presidents efforts to overhaul vetting processes have been legally and politically controversial.

We both know that the presidents efforts to overhaul vetting processes have been legally and politically controversial.

Because they have been EXTREME.

Yep, you were exposed so you run away. Typical Muslim hater.

:lamo

All you've exposed is your own hypocrisy.
YOU EARLIER said:
Do you enjoy putting words in people's mouths that they didn't say? Point to where I said doing ANYTHING causes more problems.
And in the very next post of yours...you do exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom