• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Actors and their iconic firearms.

I recall after those Bren 10s were made available-you couldn't get magazines. DJ lost one filming an episode of MV-apparently a bunch of Bren owners showed up on the set, looking for it

Yeah, I do recall the issues with the mags.......I am a 10mm fan, and to be honest, the Bren 10 is not one I would add to my collection of 10mm's

Yeah, I do recall the issues with the mags.......I am a 10mm fan, and to be honest, the Bren 10 is not one I would add to my collection of 10mm's

I have a GLOCK 20 in 10MM because I won a glock and I had all the 9s and 45s I wanted. Its a great gun for Bear country (which is not all that relevant to me). I bought some dies and reload 10MM now-when you back it down about 20% its a great cartridge

I have a GLOCK 20 in 10MM because I won a glock and I had all the 9s and 45s I wanted. Its a great gun for Bear country (which is not all that relevant to me). I bought some dies and reload 10MM now-when you back it down about 20% its a great cartridge

I prefer my XDM....a bit larger, but very controllable and accurate.

Lone Ranger - Colt SAA (and silver bullets)

Rambo - M60

Those are Navy models, not Dragoons.

300px-Colt_Dragoon_Mod_1848.JPG

Internet says dragoons. I don't really care though, other than I would like to know if what's true.

Tom Selleck, Shiloh Sharps 1874 Long Range, Quigley Down Under.

Okay... you're going to beat me to the draw on the Aussie movie, then I'll take a Kiwi one... this time I know I'm not going to get beaten to the punch. ;)

This one is a little more obscure, but I'm including it solely because the gun and the movie are so freaking awesome:

Bruno Lawrence, Utu, Williamson's Quad-Barreled Shotgun (custom build):

Dirtyharry1-770x470.jpg

Has anyone mentioned Dirty Harry yet?

"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five'? Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, i kind of lost track myself. But being that this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?"

It's not the most powerful handgun in the world.

It'll make you wish you hadn't fired it though.

Tom Selleck, Shiloh Sharps 1874 Long Range, Quigley Down Under.
300px-Colt_Dragoon_Mod_1848.JPG

Internet says dragoons. I don't really care though, other than I would like to know if what's true.
Well if it's on the internet it must be true. When it comes to Hollywood what the character may claim to be shooting and what the prop department actually has can be two diffrent things. If I had to venture a guess as to the confusion that would be my guess. Or it could just be people posting their thoughts and opinions as facts. Either way it looked cool on film

Dirtyharry1-770x470.jpg

Has anyone mentioned Dirty Harry yet?

"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five'? Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, i kind of lost track myself. But being that this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?"

It's not the most powerful handgun in the world.

It'll make you wish you hadn't fired it though.

Opening post/ its a toss up between Harry Callahan and his Model 29 and 007 and his Walther PPK

This one may be a stretch, but I'm tossing it in the ring anyway...

Harrison Ford; Mauser C96 "Broomhandle" (heavily modified); Star Wars saga films.

Well if it's on the internet it must be true. When it comes to Hollywood what the character may claim to be shooting and what the prop department actually has can be two diffrent things. If I had to venture a guess as to the confusion that would be my guess. Or it could just be people posting their thoughts and opinions as facts. Either way it looked cool on film
I'm confused as to why I was quoted in this post of yours...

Opening post/ its a toss up between Harry Callahan and his Model 29 and 007 and his Walther PPK

For me Bond wins out. There are more films over a longer time using the PPK and when I think of Eastwood I think westerns more than I do Dirty Harry.

For me Bond wins out. There are more films over a longer time using the PPK and when I think of Eastwood I think westerns more than I do Dirty Harry.
the funniest part-IIRC-was one of the earliest films where Bond has to trade in his Beretta in 25 ACP for the Walther PPK (32 ACP) and the armorer claims it "hits like a ton of bricks"

Mel Gibson and his Beretta 92

Scott Wilson and the infinite ammo shotgun from TWD

And what the prop dept provides can be two things in one movie.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly kept swapping ball and cap Colts with Cartridge conversion Colts depending on the scene and if shooting was taking place.

In other movies the hero gets a "real" gun while others get wood or rubber copies.

Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughn)
Illya Kuryakin (David McCallum)

View attachment 67300899
Side note-David McCallum's father was a well known violinist and guitar superstar Jimmy Page (Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Firm) credits the man with teaching him how to use a violin bow on his electric guitars.

I'm watching Silvarado: Danny Glover totin a Henry rifle

Back
Top Bottom